Pre-Game Talk: 11/17 @ Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You’re assements of the Rieder, Brodziak, and Russell contracts are terrible.
I’m a big fan of Rieder. I like what he brings. He will be a big loss for a month. We were actually doing good this year on the injury front. There is even talk of Sekera skating now. I don’t know how good he will be if he comes back,but Sekera has been a major loss

Reactions: Porkleaker

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Call me a sicko, but I wan't to see Lucic on the right wing with Draisaitl and McDavid. Lucic can just get to the net and let the most dominant duo in the league do their thing.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Only team in the division with a positive goal differential is Arizona, and that's just barely.

Going to learn a lot about the quality of the Oilers over the next few weeks.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm curious to see how it is for me but I believe it's happened to him. I've seen similar dumb things happen in Edmonton after games too. Once saw a drunk Canucks fan charge an innocent Oilers fan on the LRT going home. Drunk sports fans are really dumb sometimes.

What I wonder is how widespread it is.
Football is very bad now for fights in the stands (NFL). Also, depending upon ball games (San Fran vs Dodgers, Boston vs New York, Philly) , there can be crazy fights. In basketball, the players brawl with the fans

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the only one of Treliving's great offseason acquisition's that working out right now is Elias Lindholm

Derek Ryan is Derek Ryan...basically an expensive Kyle Brodziak
Czarnik is underwhelming
James Neal is bad and relegated to the 3rd line
and Noah Hanifin is no Dougie Hamilton (still young I guess)

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Drunk people do stupid things no matter where you are. Almost every violent act is brought upon the victim by his own actions. A simple wave or cheers and then walking away from a idiot drunk usually avoids all conflict.

Wore my white McDavid jersey to 2 games at the ‘Dome last year and never had any issues. Laughed and joked with Flames fans all night and had a great time.

Canucks fans are the worst, Hell they tried to destroy their own city when they lost in the finals and couldn’t even sell out playoff games that year and the next year.

I agree with ya on the Canucks fans. Cocky. I live in NS and I have been to Boston in 2011 and 2014 to see Bruins-Oilers. I wore my Oilers colors. Bruin fan sitting next to me said "No problem with the Oilers colors, just don't ever wear Habs or Canucks". I understood Habs because of the rivalry but I asked about the Canucks hate. Basically he said their fans were very irrogant during the 2011 Cup

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Smith and Rittich seem to be splitting starts recently. So if that trend continues I expect the better goalie in Rittich to get the start against the Oilers

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Call me a sicko, but I wan't to see Lucic on the right wing with Draisaitl and McDavid. Lucic can just get to the net and let the most dominant duo in the league do their thing.

A bit too early to be drinking, don't you think? Lucic couldn't even do anything in front of the net on the PP so nope nope nope!

Reactions: McBeastMode

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Alrighty then. This will be my first time going to a Saddledome game. I'll pass on wearing my Yak jersey for the double hecklers. Save my gf and her parents the trouble, yeesh. @snipes has it ever been this bad for you?

Edit: ohheyhemsky I think you should go anyways. Always worth seeing McDavid live imo.

as an oilers fan living in Calgary i have been to 90% of the oilers/flames games in the saddledome. the only time ive ever seen issues is when someone is being belligerent and an A-hole. its almost always oiler fans high fiving and having a good time with good natured chirping going around. but ive also been beside a oilers fan that was just being obnoxious and a jerk, there is a line and i dont think its any different that any other arena. general rule dont be a jerk and you wont have any problems.

Reactions: Aerrol

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Excited for this one.

Will be with some buddies for this game instead of Mrs. snipes and snipes jr, you already know it’s gonna get rowdy up in the Dome.

The Dome is our ****ing house.
Love a fired up snipes.

Reactions: snipes

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Arguably the most important game of the season on Saturday... at least until Sunday. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad