Pre-Game Talk: 11/17 @ Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Beating Calgary and then proceeding to fire TMac would be a great way to cap off the week

Reactions: ivanlwan

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Treliving has gotta be on the ropes, eh?
Only Lindholm has really payed off for him in all his deals so far.
I wonder who will outlast each other between himself and Chia.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I think both Alberta teams have underachieved generally over the last number of years. One of the few thing seach fan base can be happy about in down years is the other team failing as well.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Treliving has gotta be on the ropes, eh?
Only Lindholm has really payed off for him in all his deals so far.
I wonder who will outlast each other between himself and Chia.

I don’t think the comparison is even close, rightly so or not. There are no rumblings about Treliving’s job in jeopardy and almost daily rumors of Chiarelli’s. Treliving is 0/3 in finding a competent goaltender and the Neal/Ryan/Brouwer deals look terrible but he has a lot more goodwill banked than Chiarelli. Hamilton trade was good his re-signings are always A+, he seems to have found a good coach, Frolik deal is good, Rittich seems like a good find, Tkachuk/Valimaki/Andersson drafts were good. Now look at Chiarelli. Acquiring Maroon was good, Nurse was a good draft pick, Bear/Yamamoto/Bouchard look like good picks and that’s about where the good stuff ends. Hall deal, Eberle deal, Lucic signing, Reinhart deal, coaching hire, all fricken abysmal. Talbot seems to be a one and done goaltender so even that deal doesn’t look so good now. Kassian deal sucks, Rieder/Brodziak deals are an overpayment, Russell deal is a huge overpayment, drafting Puljujarvi was a huge mistake. How any GM can be gifted a player like Connor and build absolutely nothing around him is criminal. I cannot wait until Chiarelli’s is out.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The McDavid era Oilers hate losing to the Flames. We win this once, especially considering how we played vs MTL

Reactions: Aerrol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don’t think the comparison is even close, rightly so or not. There are no rumblings about Treliving’s job in jeopardy and almost daily rumors of Chiarelli’s. Treliving is 0/3 in finding a competent goaltender and the Neal/Ryan/Brouwer deals look terrible but he has a lot more goodwill banked than Chiarelli. Hamilton trade was good his re-signings are always A+, he seems to have found a good coach, Frolik deal is good, Rittich seems like a good find, Tkachuk/Valimaki/Andersson drafts were good. Now look at Chiarelli. Acquiring Maroon was good, Nurse was a good draft pick, Bear/Yamamoto/Bouchard look like good picks and that’s about where the good stuff ends. Hall deal, Eberle deal, Lucic signing, Reinhart deal, coaching hire, all fricken abysmal. Talbot seems to be a one and done goaltender so even that deal doesn’t look so good now. Kassian deal sucks, Rieder/Brodziak deals are an overpayment, Russell deal is a huge overpayment, drafting Puljujarvi was a huge mistake. How any GM can be gifted a player like Connor and build absolutely nothing around him is criminal. I cannot wait until Chiarelli’s is out.
You do know that Nurse wasn't drafted by Chiarelli right?

And the puljujarvi part, I am sure you were super excited when he slipped to the oilers in his draft year, 90% of the GM's would of taken him in that spot, that is not a chiarelli fault.

I don't think you understand hockey with calling every deal an overpayment.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Huh? o_O

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

You’re assements of the Rieder, Brodziak, and Russell contracts are terrible.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
You’re assements of the Rieder, Brodziak, and Russell contracts are terrible.

Oh yeah, you’re right, paying 4 million dollars per year with an NMC for an undersized defenseman that is 77th in league scoring for Dmen (while earning more than 27 of the players ahead of him) is a really astute signing. Yeah he blocks lots of shots because he is continually beaten in puck battles and is a negative player in regards to
Corsi and Fenwick. Great signing by Chiarelli.

I was mistaken on how much Rieder and Brodziak made so I will admit I was wrong there, but where else was I mistaken? Hall deal? Eberle deal? Lucic deal? Reinhart deal? Kassian deal? Handling of Puljujarvi? And you’re right, he can’t even take credit for Nurse. What a great GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->