Pre-Game Talk: 11/17 @ Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Pretty sure everyone should of known Kosky starts vs Calgary.

Its not a secret no more, Talbot dropped the ball a while ago, got one last chance (which I didnt think he deserved) and dropped it again even worse.

Koskys net for a while, and it shouldnt surprise a single person. Talbot has been garbage for over a year.

Reactions: Porkleaker

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The most fun I’ve ever had in an opposing building was games 1 and 2 in Anaheim in the ‘17 playoffs. My buddies and I in our Oilers jerseys got roundly booed in our section as we walked in for game 1. So I took it upon myself, every time there was a whistle, to stand up and explain why the whistle had blown to help them better understand the rules of hockey. Hockey for dummies I kept calling it. Even the Ducks fans were all laughing.

Was pretty fun and led to some good banter in the whole section. UNTIL someone chirped Gretzky (I was wearing a Gretzky jersey). That’s when I got mad and told them to have some f***ing respect, because if it wasn’t for Wayne they wouldn’t even have hockey in California. (I didn’t actually swear)

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Was also reported that Koskinen was first off practice today, so it's suspected he'll be starting vs. Calgary.

Khaira still annoys me. Needs to play like Kassian and bang bodies instead of pretending he's Rick Nash. The more he handles the puck, the more problems he creates.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
Heading into enemy territory with 9 other buddies for the game. Should be a gooder!

Any Oiler friendly pubs in downtown Calgary for predrinks anyone know?

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Heading into enemy territory with 9 other buddies for the game. Should be a gooder!

Any Oiler friendly pubs in downtown Calgary for predrinks anyone know?

Friendly in what way? You can go anywhere with an Oilers jersey on and not have any trouble.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
So the **** goaltenders are being planted on the bench :laugh:

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. First time seeing Koskinen play. I believe this is Rittich’s first game against Edmonton too?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
So the **** goaltenders are being planted on the bench :laugh:

Should be an interesting game tomorrow. First time seeing Koskinen play. I believe this is Rittich’s first game against Edmonton too?
Rittich faced us last January

Reactions: Czarchuk

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Friendly in what way? You can go anywhere with an Oilers jersey on and not have any trouble.
Yeah, everywhere is fine. Closest places are Vagabond (gets super busy and the drinks are overpriced but it's a block away from the Dome), St James Corner (much better, a block further away but better atmosphere - even busier), and there's a tonne of places on 17th ave.

Reactions: 488fitter

space321

May 11, 2011
Khaira still annoys me. Needs to play like Kassian and bang bodies instead of pretending he's Rick Nash. The more he handles the puck, the more problems he creates.

What's your deal with wanting players to just bang bodies? First it's Puljujarvi now it's Khaira. It's not like Khaira shys away from contact. He makes some awful turnovers when trying to break out (tbh most of our team except McDavid's line has trouble breaking out), but he also makes really good passes and has collected 5 assists, most of which are primary. He's way more useful than Kassian lately, although I don't have a problem with anyone on our 4th line right now.

I bet you love Lucic right? He doesn't score and gives the puck away but it doesn't matter because he bangs bodies lol

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

Not worried about any trouble, especially with 9 other buddies.
Some cities I’ve visited like Van have kinda designated pubs for Oiler fans to congregate. We’ll most likely just wing it, but was just curious.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
What's your deal with wanting players to just bang bodies? First it's Puljujarvi now it's Khaira. It's not like Khaira shys away from contact. He makes some awful turnovers when trying to break out (tbh most of our team except McDavid's line has trouble breaking out), but he also makes really good passes and has collected 5 assists, most of which are primary. He's way more useful than Kassian lately, although I don't have a problem with anyone on our 4th line right now.

I bet you love Lucic right? He doesn't score and gives the puck away but it doesn't matter because he bangs bodies lol

Lucic is junk.
My criticism about Khaira is he's trying to over complicate his game when he should play it simpler. Saying he should be physical is just me saying he should keep it simple. He's been better being a grinder than pretending he's Rick Nash. Even the Oilers commentary have been saying he needs to just simply shoot [or pass] when he has the puck and not try to deke as much.

space321

May 11, 2011
Lucic is junk.
My criticism about Khaira is he's trying to over complicate his game when he should play it simpler. Saying he should be physical is just me saying he should keep it simple. He's been better being a grinder than pretending he's Rick Nash. Even the Oilers commentary have been saying he needs to just simply shoot [or pass] when he has the puck and not try to deke as much.

Right, surpress all creativity, dump pucks in and grind it hard, yada yada yada. Recipe for success.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Calgary seems a tad fragile, L in 3 of 4 IIRC. Would be nice to light up Rittich, see Johnny Holdout put up a goose egg, McDavid and Drai notch another 3-4 points each, and knock Ratboy's teeth out.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Yeah Flames fans aren’t really passionate. Lots of bars had deals for Oilers playoff games two years ago and orange and blue balloons with Oilers posters even.

I think Hudson’s is only a block away from the Dome. That’s where I usually go for a pregame meal and drinks.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Spooner in the Saddledome? Seems like a real Brokeback Mountain situation shaping up here.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Unfortunately for u guys Smith isn't starting ;). Should be a good one. And for those harping on Hanifin he has been miles better defensively and much more stable than Hamilton. I would expect fans of a team whose best defensemen is Larsson to understand points are not everything with dmen. Anyways GL tomorrow u will need it.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

I never really noticed the beauty of that pass by Drai for the empty net goal previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad