Oh my god that's ****ing great!!

:biglaugh:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Well they won.

Not the best game, but not the worst either. Koivu looked pretty good:nod:

I actually thought Dumba55 started to look decent as well, as the game progressed. He has work to do, but he did make some pretty nice plays, and a couple of not so nice plays, but he's showing some strong promise!

Scandella is starting to impress me more this year as well. I hope he continues to solidify his game - he's starting to become a decent piece on that back-end.

Overall, it wasn't a bad game, imo. Jets have been doing alright lately, and they definitely have some talent on their team. The good thing from this win was that the Jets actually showed up to play, and we still won. Last year I would not have been as confident in our team to pull that one out.

Yeo so far has done a surprisingly good job this season. I hope it continues.

We were a little sloppy in the offensive zone which I hope gets taken care of. Against the Hawks or the Blues we'd be hurting right now.

Defense was pretty good tonight.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
By the way how we're 'peggers taunting Harding? I missed the whole thing, dunno if it got through the stream or more likely I just wasn't paying attention at the moment (cursed multi tabbing HFBoards on the 2nd screen).

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
By the way how we're 'peggers taunting Harding? I missed the whole thing, dunno if it got through the stream or more likely I just wasn't paying attention at the moment (cursed multi tabbing HFBoards on the 2nd screen).

Chanting him. They picked him for their player to ride like they do at home.

Really hope Wild fans cram them out of our building in coming years, because it's more or less impossible to go up there and do the same thing in their barn.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Really hope Wild fans cram them out of our building in coming years, because it's more or less impossible to go up there and do the same thing in their barn.

The Jets fans presence at the X will probably die off in a few years when the novelty of getting a team back wears off.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

I'll be there on Saturday :) I'll make sure to be louder than the 15,003 Jets fans that'll be there :yo:

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
The Jets fans presence at the X will probably die off in a few years when the novelty of getting a team back wears off.

Yeah and losing consistently in the West should take it's toll on them. Unless they take a page out of the Oilers fan book and show up regardless of how bad they are.

Rivalry engaged.

CG5

Jan 18, 2011
Waukesha, WI

I hope they continue to show up and challenge the MN crowd to actually get involved in the game. Probably the loudest MN crowd I've heard on TV in forever.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Didnt get to watch it, just saw the highlights.

OMG that play by Coyle on the 2nd goal was good! Just like we like him!

nice to see Koivu slam a couple of netters.

Some extremely good saves på Harding.

Glad we got the W..

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Really liked Koivu's game again. He's so much more aggressive in shooting the puck than he was a couple weeks ago and it's paying off. Harding is brilliant. Brodin looked a little better. Granlund looks great. Dumba looks like he needs to go to Red Deer.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Also, random thing I saw last night:

Heatley is famous for only taping a few strips on his blade:

heatley.jpg

Looked a little funny last night, and saw he changed his tape job:

BZVEeIXCEAANoDI.jpg

Then later in the game he went back to the old one:

BZVMP0JCEAA-W_M.jpg

Any time a hockey player changes his tape job, color, etc he's trying to break out of a slump.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yeah and losing consistently in the West should take it's toll on them. Unless they take a page out of the Oilers fan book and show up regardless of how bad they are.

Rivalry engaged.

Aw, we love Minny ;) so win or lose, we'll still keep showing up. :p: Plus we make your home games more enjoyable for you - the Wild fans actually wake up out of their winter slumber.

Future reference for taunting the goalie: Pav Leck.

yeah, I know, it's not "Minny". Rivalry engaged. :nod:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'll be there on Saturday :) I'll make sure to be louder than the 15,003 Jets fans that'll be there :yo:

Very cool! :)

It freaked me out hearing the Harding taunting. I probably don't have thick enough skin or something but I didn't like it and simply couldn't believe it went on in OUR house. I have heard the Rangers fans chant "Fatso" or "Marrrrrrrrty" to Brodeur lol but it's only at MSG, I think? Or maybe it is at The Rock. Either way that seems a little less weird because The Devils, Rangers, Islanders, and even throw in Philly since they aren't that far away basically live on top of each other.

This just seemed weird hearing the taunting in our house. I guess I better stop being shocked over it. lol

I strongly believe in what I said last night... Wild fans are not not passionate, it's just the intelligence about hockey that comes into play. It's like Calgary, sometimes you can hear a pin drop in their own arena. It's because those hockey fans really, really enjoy watching hockey in general so it's almost like watching such a good film you can't even move, you are so absorbed watching it. I think that's how our fans are in our house, they are absorbed while watching it so sometimes the being annoyed with visitors or being super, super loud with chants nonstop doesn't happen that much. Passion is there though, it's just you're dealing with both passion for your team and passion for hockey in general so both sort of balance each other out where the fans are pretty chill while tuning in.

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Some players don't really care what color they use on they sticks but it's true that players don't usually change the way how they tape it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
^ I thought the taping post was pretty interesting. Didn't even think about that.

I liked the Jets fans in our building! It woke up our crowd and got them more involved in the game, which imo, was great to hear. Players tend to become more involved when the fans become more involved, so I don't see how anything bad can come from a little friendly competition in our own barn.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Its almost too bad we cant have them stick around for a normal Wild home game and masquerade as Wild fans and have them teach the crowd how to wake the **** up.

Cause we all know our crowd is going right back to sleep after shouting down the noisy neighbors.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Its almost too bad we cant have them stick around for a normal Wild home game and masquerade as Wild fans and have them teach the crowd how to wake the **** up.

Cause we all know our crowd is going right back to sleep after shouting down the noisy neighbors.

:laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I hope they continue to show up and challenge the MN crowd to actually get involved in the game. Probably the loudest MN crowd I've heard on TV in forever.

It was certainly a great atmosphere last night. People were actually into the game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Sadly yes :biglaugh: there was a huge group of them over by sections 122-126 this time around. Weekend game probably helped with travel. Eagle Street played "Blame Canada" before the game too :yo:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Not sure what can be done about the Wild crowd. I don't think they're quiet because they're not paying attention. I think they watch the game in person like the way they watch the game from their couch. Anxiously and nervously watching, while sipping a beer and trading pessimistic remarks with people sitting around them.

Maybe the crowd is TOO on edge, as evidenced by the cries of "SHOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!" during the PPs. It's like they're watching between slits in their fingers waiting for something bad to happen. With all the sports debacles in town, historically speaking, we've been conditioned to brace for the worst at all times.

We're afraid of getting all emotional and then having our still beating hearts ripped from our chest once again. We can't take any more.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Not sure what can be done about the Wild crowd. I don't think they're quiet because they're not paying attention. I think they watch the game in person like the way they watch the game from their couch. Anxiously and nervously watching, while sipping a beer and trading pessimistic remarks with people sitting around them.

They are spectating instead of believing they can impact the game I think. Why college nights rock because its a lot more rowdy in there.

Maybe the crowd is TOO on edge, as evidenced by the cries of "SHOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!" during the PPs. It's like they're watching between slits in their fingers waiting for something bad to happen. With all the sports debacles in town, historically speaking, we've been conditioned to brace for the worst at all times.

I hate hearing that "SHOOOOOOT!!!!" crap. It is typically by casual fans who have no idea what is going on and just want to see shots. The PP extensive passing was very annoying last night, but there was never a solid shooting lane when they would have wound up for a one-timer.

We're afraid of getting all emotional and then having our still beating hearts ripped from our chest once again. We can't take any more.

As I said in the upgrade the Xcel thread a couple days ago, it is becoming more and more corporate at the games. I always look around to see what sections are thin on people and its either up top on the ends or on the lower corner sections. The only reason it concerns me if it is getting corporate is that is why the JLA looks damn empty when the Wings are TV. So many of the tickets are owned by companies that just never use them.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I don't know how to take this :laugh:

haha no worries - I meant it positively.

Jets fans love Wild fans, trust me. Its sort of like...we're that bratty little loud brother who tries to get on your nerves, but at the end of the day its family. We're loud and proud. But we love opponents who have strong hockey fanbases like yourselves. I can't wait for the Jets to come to Calgary and be part of the same to the Flames.

Its very different from what the other western Canadian team fanbases are like towards who they feel are their rivals...for them its more like (batman reference) penguin, black mask and two face...they all hate each other, always mocking each other and trying to prove who has the biggest territory in Gotham (in this case Gotham is Pacific division specifically Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver :laugh:)

And personally, I was a fan of the french anthem :) wish they did that in more cities than Ottawa and Montreal sometimes.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
As I said in the upgrade the Xcel thread a couple days ago, it is becoming more and more corporate at the games. I always look around to see what sections are thin on people and its either up top on the ends or on the lower corner sections. The only reason it concerns me if it is getting corporate is that is why the JLA looks damn empty when the Wings are TV. So many of the tickets are owned by companies that just never use them.

One thing I think teams might want to look at is which season tickets get used and which ones dont, and then if a particular set of tickets are unused more than say...40% of the time, the team can offer them to the highest guy on the season ticket waiting list.

Is there still a season ticket waiting list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad