GDT: 11/17/13 - JETS @ WILD - 7pm CST - FS-N - SUNDAY FUNDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Not sure what can be done about the Wild crowd. I don't think they're quiet because they're not paying attention. I think they watch the game in person like the way they watch the game from their couch. Anxiously and nervously watching, while sipping a beer and trading pessimistic remarks with people sitting around them.

Maybe the crowd is TOO on edge, as evidenced by the cries of "SHOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!" during the PPs. It's like they're watching between slits in their fingers waiting for something bad to happen. With all the sports debacles in town, historically speaking, we've been conditioned to brace for the worst at all times.

We're afraid of getting all emotional and then having our still beating hearts ripped from our chest once again. We can't take any more.

So basically the whole crowd is suffering from a post traumatic stress syndrome?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
One thing I think teams might want to look at is which season tickets get used and which ones dont, and then if a particular set of tickets are unused more than say...40% of the time, the team can offer them to the highest guy on the season ticket waiting list.

Is there still a season ticket waiting list?

To my knowledge there are people who only pay in a certain amount to keep their "tenure" going and get dibs on playoff tickets before they go on sale to the public. And like I said, the seats next to me are STH's and there have only been 2 games where someone has sat in the seats. Same thing with the seats last year. IDK, maybe I smell or something.....:amazed:

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Not sure what can be done about the Wild crowd. I don't think they're quiet because they're not paying attention. I think they watch the game in person like the way they watch the game from their couch. Anxiously and nervously watching, while sipping a beer and trading pessimistic remarks with people sitting around them.

Maybe the crowd is TOO on edge, as evidenced by the cries of "SHOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!" during the PPs. It's like they're watching between slits in their fingers waiting for something bad to happen. With all the sports debacles in town, historically speaking, we've been conditioned to brace for the worst at all times.

We're afraid of getting all emotional and then having our still beating hearts ripped from our chest once again. We can't take any more.

I think that is 100% spot on and true with every single word!

Still though, Wild crowd did get as into it as a regular season crowd can get thanks to the Jets fans, was a lively fun crowd and man was that a sweet way to win it el' Capitan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad