GDT: 11/17/13 - JETS @ WILD - 7pm CST - FS-N - SUNDAY FUNDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Great GDT!

Also, it was already sunday in Finland. So I guess it wasn't early? ;)

Wild 3-2.

Granblom, Koivu, Parise

Jokinen, Kane

Billy Mays Here*

Excited to go see this game. Haven't been able to get to one since the Carolina game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think you are just a person waiting for the Anvil to fall...

This team has already shown it can bounce back... if it did before, why can't it again? As I said, I'll be concerned when the team starts to make a habit of these bad performances. Until then, no worries here.

The problem I see is that this year is still early. Do we know how this team will respond to having to bounce back repeatedly if they get a string of bad games going? That's why every bad game worries me. This franchise has shown in the past that a single bad game can turn in to 7 or 20. I find it a lot less likely with this team, but I am still going to wait to see more until I consider those demons exorcized.

We have all the tools. We have the talent. We know how to have puck possession and completely dominate the game. We finally have some scoring. I'll be more convinced when we get a string of really good games going like this team should be capable of.

And I do not care that several of our wins are one goal or shootout wins. I care that several of them have been damn sloppy and damn negligent. You seem to think everyone is over reacting. This franchise and Minnesota sports in general have taught us that by way of decades of teases and outright abuse.

I think you are under-reacting and are irrationally optimistic at this point. Sure, there's room for a good deal of optimism, but I think you are blind if you think absolutely everything is peachy keen hunky dory just yet. There are problems yet to be ironed out. Consistency is still not there. We have not seen the puck possession that we saw in those first few games where we could not score anytime lately.

There are a lot of good things to say about this team. But like it or not, history has taught me to monitor the negatives very closely. I think it has taught the same thing to a lot of other people. So I think you should stop considering us loonies.

You can either do that or find a way to bottle that endless well of optimism you seem to have. You could make a god damned fortune off sports fans in this state. Ownership would probably thank you too, as suddenly the fans wouldn't be demanding improvement.

Good day, sir.

Well here's something interesting.....look at the time this was started. What does this mean? :sarcasm:

Slightly less jinxed than us based on time of posting.

Then again who knows if the same jinxes apply over there. How did the jinxes work with the Thrashers?

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Wild win 8-2. :yo:

Nino x2
Grönflö x2
Pominville
Mitchell
Suter
Coyle

-

DB
Jokinen

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Top line to Scandy
Granny to Pommer
Brodin and Fontaine to Brodz + EN

Also, nice GDT!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Avder, when did I say everything is peachy keen hunky dory? I've called this a flawed team. Every team is flawed. Every team has things to improve.

The difference between you and I, isn't the fact that you see problems I don't see, it's that you see any little problem and act like the sky is falling. I see the same problem, wait to see how the team reacts to said problem before I am willing to be worried about it.

I see a team that dominated possession and lost due to poor pk play, concerning pk play to be exact, yet now that pk is starting to get really good.

I see a team that started out poorly on the pp, yet now has one of the most effective pp's in the league.

I see a team that has been inconsistent at times on defense mostly due to Ballard's injuries, this is clearly a better team with him on the ice.

I see a team that on most nights can roll 4 lines with all of then being effective.

I see a team that has dominated puck possession on most nights, but still has an off night on occasion due to getting complacent, or even being lazy, but I also see that the team has not allowed these bad outings become anything more than a bad outing. They have responded as needed each time to prevent them from being habitual.

Is everything perfect? Absolutely not...the simple fact that Prosser is playing is proof enough of that...but nothing is so bad that it should be anything to really worry about at this point. This team has earned it's franchise best points through 20 games. They deserve the credit.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava

I see a team that has been inconsistent at times on defense mostly due to Ballard's injuries, this is clearly a better team with him on the ice.

I never thought he'd be such a big part for the defense. It's great to have him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm feeling a goal from the D, and see the third line scoring. 4-2 Peg.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
3-2 wild. You heard it here first boys. The Winnipeg fans are loud and proud but I really think they're cheering just to cheer. Wild games a year or two after we got a damn hockey team back were rockin. Let them rejoice but I do envy their fans enthusiasm.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Good luck tonight, guys. I'm expecting a lot of Jets fans there today. Everyone I've talked to so far seems to know multiple people that have gone down for the game.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
3-2 wild. You heard it here first boys. The Winnipeg fans are loud and proud but I really think they're cheering just to cheer. Wild games a year or two after we got a damn hockey team back were rockin. Let them rejoice but I do envy their fans enthusiasm.

Holy mother of vCash!

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Awesome GDT!!! Looking forward to a great game with our best rivals, and my favourite arena outside of Winnipeg!

Good luck! Although I hope my Jets winn.

BurnabyJo

Jul 9, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets fan here. Just needed to stop in and say..... Brilliant GDT :yo:

I think our early GDT's cancel each other out so no jinx on either team. Looking forward to a great game with some great fans!

tomthestone*

Jets fan here. Just needed to stop in and say..... Brilliant GDT :yo:

I think our early GDT's cancel each other out so no jinx on either team. Looking forward to a great game with some great fans!

If what's happening in my fantasy pool is any indication, it looks like Pavelec has been playing better of late. Definitely hurts the Wild's chances tonight if Pavelec the Spidermonkey shows up. I'd prefer to see Swiss Cheese Ondrej myself, but that's just me.

Hoping this game has a frantic pace like that crazy one up in the 'Peg a couple years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad