GDT: 11/17/13 - JETS @ WILD - 7pm CST - FS-N - SUNDAY FUNDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Is Kane playing or is he still getting scratched? Anyone know why he was getting scratched?
I'm expecting a physical game. At least from Winnipeg.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Is Kane playing or is he still getting scratched? Anyone know why he was getting scratched?
I'm expecting a physical game. At least from Winnipeg.
He's playing. Scratched recently there were rumours of injury. No one is sure if coach was sending a message or there was an injury. Sure didn't look injured in his first game back or since.

Last edited:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
He's playing. Scratched recently there were rumours of injury. No one is sure if coach was sending a message or there was an injury. Sure didn't look injured in his first game back or since.

He was injured and not cleared to play. He said he thought he was good enough to play but the coach disagreed. The next game he was at 100% and back in.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Something tells me it might be easier for Peggers to get tickets to see the Jets play in St. Paul than it is to see them in Winnipeg.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Is it fairly difficult to get tickets to Wild games?

In the first 10 years or so the X sold out every Pre-season, regular season, and playoff game in franchise history. But then after a few years of subpar season tickets were easier to get. Now that the team is good again tickets are a little harder to get. I assume a lot of the Jets fans bought their tickets on resale sights if I had to guess.

Puckschmuck*

Not anymore, no.

In the first 10 years or so the X sold out every Pre-season, regular season, and playoff game in franchise history. But then after a few years of subpar season tickets were easier to get. Now that the team is good again tickets are a little harder to get. I assume a lot of the Jets fans bought their tickets on resale sights if I had to guess.

So I guess based on these responses it's not mission impossible. Thanks guys. Really want to make it to St. Paul for a Jets-Wild game one of these days. It's so bloody hard to get anything other than single tickets for games in Winnipeg, ugh.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So I guess based on these responses it's not mission impossible. Thanks guys. Really want to make it to St. Paul for a Jets-Wild game one of these days. It's so bloody hard to get anything other than single tickets for games in Winnipeg, ugh.

That is one long boring ass drive from Winnipeg to St Paul. Cheers to Jets fans willing to make the journey.

Puckschmuck*

That is one long boring ass drive from Winnipeg to St Paul. Cheers to Jets fans willing to make the journey.

It's not the most exciting drive, but I don't mind it. And it's nowhere near as boring as driving through Saskatchewan :laugh:

And not only is St. Paul our closest NHL city by a long shot, but I'd rather see a game there than in Calgary or Edmonton any day!

Last edited by a moderator:

Puckschmuck*

Is Alberta that bad?

I lived there for 12 years, and just moved back to Winnipeg last month. The people there have a real holier-than-thou attitude problem. Alberta has one of the largest and richest economies in the world due to the Oilsands, so because of it, it has become a very materialistic place. It's all about money there, and I'm just not that materialistic in nature. I'm so happy to be back home!

I didn't think it would be wrong to speak my mind on Albertans here because I know how you guys feel about the Oilers and Flames fanbases because I feel the same way about them too.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I lived there for 12 years, and just moved back to Winnipeg last month. The people there have a real holier-than-thou attitude problem. Alberta has one of the largest and richest economies in the world due to the Oilsands, so because of it, it has become a very materialistic place. It's all about money there, and I'm just not that materialistic in nature. I'm so happy to be back home!

I didn't think it would be wrong to speak my mind on Albertans here because I know how you guys feel about the Oilers and Flames fanbases because I feel the same way about them too.

Yeah, that seems about right to me. Especially with how a bunch of the Oilers fans here constantly bashed the Wild and felt they were a better team than us for the last couple years.

Puckschmuck*

Yeah, that seems about right to me. Especially with how a bunch of the Oilers fans here constantly bashed the Wild and felt they were a better team than us for the last couple years.

I hear ya. Plenty of Oilers and Flames fans bashed Winnipeg when we were pursuing another team, telling us how much we suck and didn't deserve to get another team back, let alone be in the same league as them. I have tons of animosity towards them, so we definitely have something in common there :)

And sorry to say for Oilers fans..............but both the Jets and Wild have proven themselves to be much better teams.......and fanbases too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I hear ya. Plenty of Oilers and Flames fans bashed Winnipeg when we were pursuing another team, telling us how much we suck and didn't deserve to be in the same league as them. I have tons of animosity towards them, so we definitely have something in common there :)

And I am sure those same fans would complain about Maple Leafs about how obnoxious they think they are. We certainly have that in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->