GDT: 11/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This was exactly my observation. Maybe the most dominant we've had all year, and yes, Price was phenomenal, but you have to think with Stammer in this game, we score 4 goals and maybe the ref lets us keep 2. :p

dont agree price was crazy good it happens.

Luck is involved in hockey. Seeing eye pucks etc.. we had our chances price stood on head at times i mean unreal saves for sure bishop was ok they didnt have the kind of shots we had honestly so is days those go in days they dont it balances out is how I feel about it overall over a long season.

We are fine we shoulda scored 4-5 goals.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Stammer probably watched this and was proud as hell. Glad they won it. Set the tone for the rest of the year while playing Stamkosless.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was really an incredible team effort. Was there a bad performance tonight? Connolly was a little on the invisible side, but I wouldn't call his performance bad. Flip was great shift after shift. Good karma that he gets the SO winner.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
JT Brown: 2 shots, 14:37 TOI, even rating in his 2013 Lightning debut/6th career NHL game.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
It's hard as hell to win in MTL. Playing against Le Bleu, Blanc, Rouge and the 4 officials + Toronto is very tough. Habs got a point when they didn't deserve it.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I can't recall a single puck battle St.louis has won since that blocked shot in Minny.

Not to mention he's reverting to bad habits from early last season, drop passes and 0 movement on the PP, another thing that bugs me has been his zone entry, his crosses the blueline does a spinorama and drops the puck down the boards to nobody.

Just curious how you missed St Louis blow up Subban off the puck and win the puck battle and take it off the boards?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Just a great game overall by the Bolts tonight. The Flip, Teddy, and Brown line was great tonight. Just what we needed. Way to make a statement boys. Over 40 shots.

Shame the refs called the game ******, but it happens. I'm a little more disappointed we couldn't capitalize on our 3 PPs at the end of the game though.

Gotta work on the PP. Played a great overall game tonight though. There was a couple points where the Bolts got hemmed in, but Bish bailed them out. So good to have a good tendy at your back.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Just a great game overall by the Bolts tonight. Flip, Teddy, and Brown were great tonight. Just what we needed. Way to make a statement boys. Over 40 shots.

Shame the refs called the game ******, but it happens. I'm a little more disappointed we couldn't capitalize on our 3 PPs at the end of the game though.

Gotta work on the PP. Played a great overall game tonight though. There was a couple points where the Bolts got hemmed in, but Bish bailed them out. So good to have a good tendy at your back.

Speed and transition in the 1st was probably the best it's been in a loooong time.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just a great game overall by the Bolts tonight. Flip, Teddy, and Brown were great tonight. Just what we needed. Way to make a statement boys. Over 40 shots.

We had our chances we are like 1 for last 20 on power play we had some very good looks shots etc..

I aint worried I think like said earlier stuff like that balances out.

To see them pick up the shooting is HUGE. Just keep firing the puck it will work out:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Didn't St. Louis have 3 points the game after the foot injury? I don't think it's the foot. It's something though. At least he had a couple of flashes of his old self in this game, but for the most part, he's off.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
I think PP will be a work in progress too. Brown looked awesome out there. Came out flying all game.

the thing is with the PP is that it revolved around getting stamkos the puck. you can adjust your 5 on 5 game without too much adjustment losing someone like stamkos but your PP will be a mess until a new plan of attack is figured out. tonight it just seemed like we tried to insert purcell into stamkos' spot and it just wasn't working at all.

the hurt of losing stammer will be felt the most on the PP.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
So we have 6 road wins. The same amount of road wins from last season.

Also still haven't lost 2 games in a row.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We had our chances we are like 1 for last 20 on power play we had some very good looks shots etc..

I aint worried I think like said earlier stuff like that balances out.

To see them pick up the shooting is HUGE. Just keep firing the puck it will work out:)

Yeah, over all, I actually thought the PP looked better. We might be a little bit too dependent on Stamkos on the PP, so maybe it will be good to get guys used to figuring out other ways to score PP goals.

Let's not forget, we slogged through a tough game in Boston last night. This is a huge 2 points (and 1 point up on MTL).

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
6th road win of the season, which matches the road win total from ALL of last season (3 in Carolina, 2 in Sunrise, 1 in NJ). Tonight's win also ensured the Lightning have not lost back-to-back games this season. It appears Days is listening to Mishkin tonight as well :D

More than anything...love to get the win for Stammer tonight.

I won't say Montreal "didn't earn a point," but if there is anyone on the Habs responsible for the OTL point, it was Price. Great game, and he came up big multiple times.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
the thing is with the PP is that it revolved around getting stamkos the puck. you can adjust your 5 on 5 game without too much adjustment losing someone like stamkos but your PP will be a mess until a new plan of attack is figured out. tonight it just seemed like we tried to insert purcell into stamkos' spot and it just wasn't working at all.

the hurt of losing stammer will be felt the most on the PP.

Lightning were easily able to have a contingency plan in 2011 when teams started zoning in on Stamkos, Lecavalier and St.louis were equally dangerous. Time to get that going again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The extra point was big. Detroit picked up one point vs. Winnipeg, and Ottawa lost to Philly. Throw in Montreal, and we extended our lead over every Atlantic team that matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad