GDT: 11/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Glad we got the win and looked good doing it.

Still do not see how they can call back Gudas' goal and award Brieres there is just as much "contact" (next to none at all) in both of those. If Johnson prevented Price from stopping Gudas' shot then Brieire stopped Bishop from getting his glove on the puck by being in the crease. Montreal got an undeserved point in the standings.

We need work on the Powerplay as well. Yes Price was steller (no doubt trying to look good for SFY) but that game never should have gone to the OT or shootout with how much Powerplay time they had at the end of the thrird/OT.

Overall I liked what I saw in the first game of the Win It For Stamkos Era, Bring on the west coast teams.

what I dont get is one guy was in blue other wasnt. So goalie interference stopping his glove hand can see but im ok that was a goal. I am not ok with the other call cause when puck was shot he never touched goalie and was not in crease so was highway robbery plain and simple and a very crap call.

I am not so sure on power play we were getting shots even some good shots we need to shoot more still from all over 2-3 shots per power play is not good enough. I would like to see us start peppering from all over crash the net to death. Anyone gets in way knock them down etc.. like mad dogs lol.

I saw that a couple of shifts:) Part of the issue with that is learning to trust the d guys etc.. So time will fix that also think we are having a lot of bad luck on power play.

So more shots is good. The goals will come I truly believe that. Every teams has slumps on power play we are in first one this year:) Pick up the shot pace and will get out of it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
As far as I've ever known, video replay can't point out incidental contact. That has to be the referee at the time of the play. So why bother even reviewing the goal? Was it just for clock purposes? And if so, why wasn't that explained?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys.. Once again was unable to watch this game except for the last 2 minutes and on in regulation.

Can someone give me a quick recap of how we played?

I saw the drama from the Gudas goal on the main boards.

Carey Price looked like a god from the little I saw..

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Hey guys.. Once again was unable to watch this game except for the last 2 minutes and on in regulation.

Can someone give me a quick recap of how we played?

I saw the drama from the Gudas goal on the main boards.

Carey Price looked like a god from the little I saw..

First period we gave them three power plays two could have been no calls imo first and third just whatever but 6 minutes str8 of power plays primarily shut them down actually out shot them 10-8.

After that second and third period besides little bits here and there we were dominate. We outshot controlled the puck kept the puck etc.. We had our chances the best ones were third period for sure but by than price was playing out of his mind:)

Everyone played well and will say that about EVERYONE. Really good team chemistry.

Our power play got its looks and chances but still in a huge slump. We gave up some in third ourselves was pretty equal honestly gionto had a couple was a couple others not great saves or unreal saves by bishop but solid. Price had some unreal saves.

I see no negatives in this game we played well didnt get calls or bounces or a whole lotta luck but earned it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
There is a reason why Brown is my favorite "prospect" player. The kid came to play.

Speaking of favorite players, Filppula is just awesome. Those hands, his skating, I love it.

Price was unreal. The team put 45 shots on net and the Canadiens blocked 25 more (70 attempts in total). Bishop was great too. Our PP has to become better though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There is a reason why Brown is my favorite "prospect" player. The kid came to play.

Speaking of favorite players, Filppula is just awesome. Those hands, his skating, I love it.

Price was unreal. The team put 45 shots on net and the Canadiens blocked 25 more (70 attempts in total). Bishop was great too. Our PP has to become better though.

In the long-run, I think our PP will benefit from working without Stamkos for a while. Our first unit is almost TOO Stamkos oriented. So I think we'll be all the better if we learn to function as a unit that's not always either using Stamkos as a target or a decoy.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Glad we got the win and looked good doing it.

Still do not see how they can call back Gudas' goal and award Brieres there is just as much "contact" (next to none at all) in both of those. If Johnson prevented Price from stopping Gudas' shot then Brieire stopped Bishop from getting his glove on the puck by being in the crease. Montreal got an undeserved point in the standings.

We need work on the Powerplay as well. Yes Price was steller (no doubt trying to look good for SFY) but that game never should have gone to the OT or shootout with how much Powerplay time they had at the end of the thrird/OT.

Overall I liked what I saw in the first game of the Win It For Stamkos Era, Bring on the west coast teams.

What really gets me is that, assuming there was minor contact in both cases, Johnson was "interfering" on the right side of Price when the puck went in on Price's left. Briere, on the other hand, was "interfering" with Bishop on the same side the puck went in. To me, Briere's "interference" was worse than Johnson's.

I really feel both should have been good goals, I am just baffled how one is incidental contact and one isn't when the one that was ruled a good goal was the case that had more interference on the goaltender.

Refs pretty much handed them a loser point when I really don't think they deserved it. We played the night before in Boston and still dominated them in every facet of the game for most of the game without Stamkos and a top 4 defenseman. The only reason we didn't have 4 goals was Carey Price and the only reason we didn't have 2 goals is because the ref blew the call.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What really gets me is that, assuming there was minor contact in both cases, Johnson was "interfering" on the right side of Price when the puck went in on Price's left. Briere, on the other hand, was "interfering" with Bishop on the same side the puck went in. To me, Briere's "interference" was worse than Johnson's.

I really feel both should have been good goals, I am just baffled how one is incidental contact and one isn't when the one that was ruled a good goal was the case that had more interference on the goaltender.

Refs pretty much handed them a loser point when I really don't think they deserved it. We played the night before in Boston and still dominated them in every facet of the game for most of the game without Stamkos and a top 4 defenseman. The only reason we didn't have 4 goals was Carey Price and the only reason we didn't have 2 goals is because the ref blew the call.

So much this. I'd be embarrassed if I were a Habs fan at that game or just in general. The refs handed them that game. You would think Canadian hockey fans would rather win a fair called game than have the refs do them favors like that.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Impressive bounce back game by the guys. Great work ethic, especially for the 3rd game in 4 nights. JT Brown looked really good in all three zones.

If Cooper wants them to be a, shoot the puck on net whenever possible, kind of team, then they are going to have to get better at screens, deflections, and rebounds. I'd ask Andreychuk for some pointers about that play style.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
In the long-run, I think our PP will benefit from working without Stamkos for a while. Our first unit is almost TOO Stamkos oriented. So I think we'll be all the better if we learn to function as a unit that's not always either using Stamkos as a target or a decoy.

It was very noticeable that they rely on Stammer on the first line, I'm sure Marty can adjust it somehow to utilize Connolly's shot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad