GDT: 11/12/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
not gonna lie guys,

i miss Stammer already

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

on another note, anyone have a video of that call? i wasn't watching then.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You guys should hear the MTL post-game show. It's obvious they have no idea who any Lightning players are, and they're baffled by how they could give up 45 shots to a team full of guys they've never heard of.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
what was the call? im not French

You guys should hear the MTL post-game show. It's obvious they have no idea who any Lightning players are, and they're baffled by how they could give up 45 shots to a team full of guys they've never heard of.

Sounds just like every other GDT from every other game this year. lol

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Outplayed the **** out of them. Glad they could rally and put up a great effort for Stammer.

And Sky04 is bang on about MSL. Something's not right with him.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
So clearly we need to start figuring out how to not have to play Boston in the playoffs. I mean when 60% of our loses are from one team, we should do anything we can to avoid them lol.

1. Make playoffs
2. Tank to not matchup with Bruins
3. ???
4. Profit with victories

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Yeah I got that a week ago when they offered a trade and said gallegher and eller would be in our top nine.

I was like ok so who we gonna ship out who are they replacing? I explained the timing deals etc.. and means eller wouldnt have been up unless could play line four and gallegher is no way his stats he starts over anyone on gun line he would have been second on ahl line and not even close to connolly numbers.

Kinda funny we still aint paid attention to at all. But is league wide is not just montreal most people on this board do not know the worth of other teams prospects or nhl vets.

Either over rated or under rated still think we have people who dont know our own worth lol of our players and prospects:) These are our fans.

So goes back to die hard fans etc.. I am fan of the game first and foremost and lightning and red wings. I love the game and is no comparison to any other sport.

So I study it learn a little each day on players contracts etc.. prospects cant blame others for not doing that.

Will say you should know if people are in decline is easy to look at last three years. You should know if some kid is hitting 0.5 in his first couple years or higher. You should have some type of value system if offering trades.

I think a lot of trades on here are guys just trying to get some justification of their own guys worth more so than being serious offers.

The buffalo offers to me were really bad. Ennis or ott for erne and a second.

Erne might never be a great player even a 0.5 but he is worth more than an undersized one dimensional center or another guy in decline it seems who is ufa.

So a second plus to me is laughable but people over value their own guys.

I do it you all tell me not to but the thing is if a guys shows talent let him play out the string if he proves he cant cut it ship him at that time.

If he is not a good fit but proves to be an nhl player ship him.

I dont like doing deals which affect the future unless you got a legit proven guy in prime years. Those deals are out there and those deals are going to cost you. I would rather just be patient and let things work out:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
sorry, i was talking about the video above on that no goal call, i was wondering why it didn't count, the video is in French.

Incidental contact with the goalie.

Weird, weird play. I have no idea why they even reviewed it if the ref had already decided there was enough contact to call the goal off.

Also: if you watch it at real time, there's nowhere near enough contact to call off the goal anyway.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's not forget Salo was out too.

Barberio played 17:39 and was +1 and had 2 shots on goal. Yeah, he took a fairly bad penalty, but still, this was his best performance of the season. Very poised with the puck. He's going to start producing offense soon.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Let's not forget Salo was out too.

Barberio played 17:39 and was +1 and had 2 shots on goal. Yeah, he took a fairly bad penalty, but still, this was his best performance of the season. Very poised with the puck. He's going to start producing offense soon.

2:15 of that was during the PP. In the 6 games he's played this season before tonight he's only had 9 seconds of pp time. I guess we'll see more of him now With Stamkos out.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Ryan Malone tip in goal 1-0

Full OT

Full Shootout

No Goal in 2nd, Incidental contact.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really like Ryan Malone as a role player. I don't like the contract, mind you, but our fourth line looks great when he's on there. It doesn't hurt that Nate Thompson has looked great lately.

I know Malone had a lot of problems on the scoring lines, but maybe one of them was simply that he couldn't handle the minutes. When he's in the 10-12 range, he looks very good.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

What did they think of Tjhomson?

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA

I ****ing love that we are in "guerrilla warfare" mode and our "no names" are beating these teams.

The frowny-faced side in me then remembers how Boucher took the league by storm in his first NHL coaching season....and what followed....

But Coop is way different....

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Glad we got the win and looked good doing it.

Still do not see how they can call back Gudas' goal and award Brieres there is just as much "contact" (next to none at all) in both of those. If Johnson prevented Price from stopping Gudas' shot then Brieire stopped Bishop from getting his glove on the puck by being in the crease. Montreal got an undeserved point in the standings.

We need work on the Powerplay as well. Yes Price was steller (no doubt trying to look good for SFY) but that game never should have gone to the OT or shootout with how much Powerplay time they had at the end of the thrird/OT.

Overall I liked what I saw in the first game of the Win It For Stamkos Era, Bring on the west coast teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad