GDT: 11/1/2019 | Detroit Red Wings @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:30pm EST | FSD, FSCR

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Missed the game, but by reading the comments; I believe that staying at the bar and having a few extra drinks was the right decision.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Didn’t watch the game how was Perlini ?

I didn’t notice much about him besides one play where he pissed getting a touch on the puck to pocket an easy empty netter. I think a Canes player got to the puck first and had a body between him and goal anyways so take that for what it is.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I didn’t notice much about him besides one play where he pissed getting a touch on the puck to pocket an easy empty netter. I think a Canes player got to the puck first and had a body between him and goal anyways so take that for what it is.
Does he look like he has tools to be a solid scorer for us?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Very evident they need another defenseman in this draft.

I'm going to be perfectly, brutally, intoxicatedly honest right now:

f*** the draft.

SFY needs to sort out the clusterf*** that is the goatlending situation first, then address the top-six. The middle-to-bottom six is fine, and the defense is, well... we have Apples* and Roni* and some other guys.

Larsson may sort out the goalie situation, but f*** me stupid, I hope a solid veteran is brought in at some point to stabilize the position, then let someone -- ANYONE -- take over. If it's Larsson, awesome. If it's someone else, awesome. You can't win games without goatlending.

And yeah, I'm still tooting the short-term 2C** horn. I don't want to throw JV in this early in his career, and there is literally nobody else to play 2C. Ras might be a go middle of the season, buttf***, we only need ONE of Flip and Weird Flip, and I know which one I'm keeping. Even if it costs some cap space and a decent draft pick.

Because, and to bring it full circle, f*** the draft.

* - Those are the nicknames I'm using, and I don't give a flying shit if you like them.

** - I'd prefer Kyle Turris above all else. I don't know if Nashville would be willing to part, but per my Trade Board thread, I'd be willing to give up a decent amount to get someone like that. Also, he was great with Mantha, and that would be a dope foundation for a second line.

**** - These are swear words. Some of the worst, most likely. I hope they don't offend you, and if they did, I'm sorry and there's a reason they're filtered.

Last edited:

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
This has to start coming down on Blash, Shit players or not. His whole time here he can not ice a team that will compete for a full game. He needs to go.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
We tanking, good year to do it. Kids are playing good, good year to do it. Only like 65 games to go? Enjoy the ride folks, this is what we wanted.

I have already decided this season is a success purely on the development of Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Cholo, and Hronek.. Anything else is icing on the cake. The kids in Grand Rapids are going to.. For the most part... Be left to slow cook in the minors. It's all good. Really, this is not a bad game plan...

As for Blash, yah he could go? I don't defend him much, a fresh voice may be needed.. But in reality it's not doing much in the sense of us going anywhere, if it's effecting player development then I'm all for the move. Which it may be.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I'm going to be perfectly, brutally, intoxicatedly honest right now:

**** the draft.

SFY needs to sort out the cluster**** that is the goatlending situation first, then address the top-six. The middle-to-bottom six is fine, and the defense is, well... we have Apples* and Roni* and some other guys.

Larsson may sort out the goalie situation, but **** me stupid, I hope a solid veteran is brought in at some point to stabilize the position, then let someone -- ANYONE -- take over. If it's Larsson, awesome. If it's someone else, awesome. You can't win games without goatlending.

And yeah, I'm still tooting the short-term 2C** horn. I don't want to throw JV in this early in his career, and there is literally nobody else to play 2C. Ras might be a go middle of the season, butt****, we only need ONE of Flip and Weird Flip, and I know which one I'm keeping. Even if it costs some cap space and a decent draft pick.

Because, and to bring it full circle, **** the draft.

* - Those are the nicknames I'm using, and I don't give a flying **** if you like them.

** - I'd prefer Kyle Turris above all else. I don't know if Nashville would be willing to part, but per my Trade Board thread, I'd be willing to give up a decent amount to get someone like that. Also, he was great with Mantha, and that would be a dope foundation for a second line.

**** - These are swear words. Some of the worst, most likely. I hope they don't offend you, and if they did, I'm sorry and there's a reason they're filtered.
Goaltending is probably the least of our concerns right now. It's been overall as solid as can be expected on a team that gives up a crapton of shots and high quality scoring chances against. Defense and secondary scoring are the two most glaring offenders and have been for a while. No goalie will look consistently good on this team.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Very evident they need another defenseman in this draft.
I envy your optimism if you think one d-man is the missing piece here.

For what it's worth, it "kinda" shows that we're missing our best defensive d-man (Dekyser), scratching someone who really deserves to play (Cholowski) and being patient with Seider even though he would clearly be more helpful to us than Hicketts or Bowey.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I envy your optimism if you think one d-man is the missing piece here.

For what it's worth, it "kinda" shows that we're missing our best defensive d-man (Dekyser), scratching someone who really deserves to play (Cholowski) and being patient with Seider even though he would clearly be more helpful to us than Hicketts or Bowey.

These are the things that a team that is trying to lose without ruining players does. Play the really young guys to win in a lower league, stack the top team with enough bad players that they can't win. I am sure the young guys are smart enough to know that the team is playing for draft position but that they are also playing for contracts.

I still believe that the league should institute a short tournament to determine who gets the top three picks. Take the bottom four teams and run a single elimination two round tourney for the top four picks. It would generate a good bit of revenue for the league and mitigate the RNG we see in the draft lottery.

Reactions: lomekian

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
I honestly think they're trying to "showcase" Bowey at this point. However much one can do that.

Mantha out for blood tonight.
Bowey showcased? He definitely got more ice time than usual....but looked like one of our stronger defensemen...coaches recognized and rewarded with ice time.

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
Goaltending is probably the least of our concerns right now. It's been overall as solid as can be expected on a team that gives up a crapton of shots and high quality scoring chances against. Defense and secondary scoring are the two most glaring offenders and have been for a while. No goalie will look consistently good on this team.
Goaltending been average at best....this team needs GREAT goaltending...someone to make timely saves...keep us in the game. Early in third....shorthanded goal against ended it for us.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This team doesn't need great goaltending right now. To be honest the last thing we need to be doing right now is winning games we don't deserve to. Just have to acquire more talent and wait until it culminates into something better. Everyone knew this team was basically guaranteed a bottom 5 finish, all of our top picks since 2015 (outside of Hronek/Cholo) are being kept away from the team, on purpose. The team is bad, the results will continue to be bad.

Reactions: Red Stanley

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
These are the things that a team that is trying to lose without ruining players does. Play the really young guys to win in a lower league, stack the top team with enough bad players that they can't win. I am sure the young guys are smart enough to know that the team is playing for draft position but that they are also playing for contracts.

I still believe that the league should institute a short tournament to determine who gets the top three picks. Take the bottom four teams and run a single elimination two round tourney for the top four picks. It would generate a good bit of revenue for the league and mitigate the RNG we see in the draft lottery.
I'm assuming you mean the winner of the mini tournament gets #1, the runner up #2, etc. It's an interesting idea, but I don't see them doing that as it will defeat the purpose of rewarding middling teams that compete for playoff spots and make it even harder for the the genuinely worst team each year to get a top 3 prospect. Call me a cynic, but it sounds even more exploitable than the current system.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006

We give up the 8th most shots against, yet the 2nd most goals against.

The games that give up more shots per game?
Rangers (5-5-1)
Senators (3-7-1)
Lightning (6-5-2)
Blackhawks (3-6-2)
Jets (7-7-0)
Avalanche (8-3-2)
Sabres (9-3-2)

And literally just on the other side?
Maple Leafs (6-5-3)
Ducks (9-6-0)
Vegas (8-5-1)
Islanders (9-3-0)

Notice anything about the "worse" teams (with a couple of notable exceptions), as well as the slightly better teams?

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
We give up the 8th most shots against, yet the 2nd most goals against.

The games that give up more shots per game?
Rangers (5-5-1)
Senators (3-7-1)
Lightning (6-5-2)
Blackhawks (3-6-2)
Jets (7-7-0)
Avalanche (8-3-2)
Sabres (9-3-2)

And literally just on the other side?
Maple Leafs (6-5-3)
Ducks (9-6-0)
Vegas (8-5-1)
Islanders (9-3-0)

Notice anything about the "worse" teams (with a couple of notable exceptions), as well as the slightly better teams?
It's the combination of shots against and high quality chances against that makes us a bad defensive team. You can't possibly expect goaltending to bail you out all the time. That's not to say ours has been stellar or even good, but it hasn't been as bad as you claim, all things considered. I've seen way worse or way better teams. And even if everything you say were 100% spot on, I'd still be of the opinion that goaltending is a lower priority on the to-fix list than defense and scoring.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
It's the combination of shots against and high quality chances against that makes us a bad defensive team. You can't possibly expect goaltending to bail you out all the time. That's not to say ours has been stellar or even good, but it hasn't been as bad as you claim, all things considered. I've seen way worse or way better teams. And even if everything you say were 100% spot on, I'd still be of the opinion that goaltending is a lower priority on the to-fix list than defense and scoring.

No, obviously it's only part of the equation, but in my opinion a game-stealing goalie can do more for a team than many people seem to think. Stabilize, arguably, the most important position on the team first, then build from the back-end out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad