GDT: 11/1/2019 | Detroit Red Wings @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:30pm EST | FSD, FSCR

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Hope Svech junior tears it up against us tonight for his brother lol.
5-1 Canes

Bert with a greaser to open the scoring

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Was finally hoping to see the two Svechs play each other but Wings management had other plans.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Upset tonight? Not likely but I'm going on the limb and it will be 4-3 Detroit. Perlini will get his first goal with the Wings. AA will get his first of the year.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Would really like to have Cholowski in this game... won last game because Bert-Larks-Helm and Nemeth-Hronek were out vs the McDavid line every shift because of last change, but the 3rd/4th lines as well as Hicketts-Green got pretty wrecked by RNH-Khaira and Howard stood tall.

Canes have three lines that drive play well, the Staal line which Brind'Amour is going to aggressively use against the Larkin line (play Aho against Larkin, you coward!) while the Aho line is going to be against Filp/Mantha/AA and the Haula-Necas line will probably feast on Nielsen-Hirose-Perlini. Their fourth line is pretty bad though, especially considering the first three, so probably against the Staal line/fourth line is where the Wings will have their success, if any.

Mrazek has been hot at home, but I hope we can beat him a few times tonight. Really need a full effort and the same forecheck and play-driving we saw from the top two lines to come out with a win tonight, and if Howard plays well of course. Not very optimistic though. Detroit has had a lot of success at PNC though, something like 8-1-0 last 9 games there? It's a building we've had lots of success in, like Bridgestone.

LGRW. Hopefully it's a fun game and we don't get obliterated with possession and scoring chances like we usually do when we play Carolina.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Nothing like dragging down two great job blashill. Helm on the top line and perlini gets stuck with neilsen and hirose.....my god.

If everything else wasnt enough to fire blashill. Separating larkin and mantha when we cant score should be grounds for being fired mid game, on ice, public execution.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If everything else wasnt enough to fire blashill. Separating larkin and mantha when we cant score should be grounds for being fired mid game, on ice, public execution.
Didn't we lost a bazillion games in a row, a lot with them together, and then finally win one with them apart?

We have a crap roster. There are 82 games. He can use a few to see if he can find a more winning combo

Reactions: NickH8

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I wonder if we see Svech Sr vs OV this year?

Bad idea for Svech. Ovechkin is tough as nails, the guys is built like a brick ****house. And he really doesn't care much about being hit, especially in the face. I don't have the link, but I remember a few years back a stray puck hit him directly in the face while on the bench and he had the most Russian mafia look afterwards.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Is something wrong with Kenny Daniels? He never sits on that side of Mickey and the left side of his face/mouth looks "off," it sounds like a lisp.

Maybe it's just me lol

Reactions: NervousPerson

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Didn't we lost a bazillion games in a row, a lot with them together, and then finally win one with them apart?

We have a crap roster. There are 82 games. He can use a few to see if he can find a more winning combo

I mean when you put helm in your top 6 you're not gunna score. When you play musical chairs, youre going to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad