GDT: 11/1/2019 | Detroit Red Wings @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:30pm EST | FSD, FSCR

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Steve Yzerman right now:
giphy.gif

This is the most I’ve ever had in common with Steve Yzerman.

I feel like he’s the brother/father/uncle/bro I never had. And I’ve only never had a brother.

5c8936d026c84b24b711d224

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Green is such a lazy hockey player. The one thing you can control at any point in time is your effort level, and he chooses to keep his below 50%

Look, the dude had a virus. In his liver. As of less than 12 months ago.

I'm not defending his play, I'm defending him as a person. Someone obviously said "Hey, Greener, you think you can still play hockey," and he was like, "I mean, yeah, I guess," and they were like, "Bro, you have this contract, and you're a veteran presence, and you need to mentor..." and he was like,"I mean, I guess..."

People on this board shit on Datsyuk for leaving because reasons... Green is still playing in spite of VERY GOOD reasons...

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
And see, I'm not -- nor have I ever been -- mad at Ken Holland, but this season is basically SFY picking up the pieces and saying, "Okay, wtf happened here?"

Other than Erne, Flipper, Nemeth, and now Perlini, everything else is left over from the Holland regime, and all Yzermeth can do is survive the season.

Remember that. Because people don't score on the Wings' defense -- but on Nemeth they do.

*drops mic*

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
well at least we can rid ourselves of the notion that Cholowski is responsible for the majority of our defensive woes.

At the same time Helm is still seeing time on the first line sooooo I dunno

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Look, the dude had a virus. In his liver. As of less than 12 months ago.

I'm not defending his play, I'm defending him as a person. Someone obviously said "Hey, Greener, you think you can still play hockey," and he was like, "I mean, yeah, I guess," and they were like, "Bro, you have this contract, and you're a veteran presence, and you need to mentor..." and he was like,"I mean, I guess..."

People on this board **** on Datsyuk for leaving because reasons... Green is still playing in spite of VERY GOOD reasons...
Pavel Datsyuk was never dumb and he sure as hell saw which way this was headed when he got the f*** out of Dodge. I have no problem with Green FWIW. I'd be fine with him collecting the rest of his salary as a LTIR all star. If he wants to play I'm not expecting much. The only way I judge this season is how good are our odds at the end of the year to get the #1 pick.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Pavel Datsyuk was never dumb and he sure as hell saw which way this was headed when he got the **** out of Dodge. I have no problem with Green FWIW. I'd be fine with him collecting the rest of his salary as a LTIR all star. If he wants to play I'm not expecting much. The only way I judge this season is how good are our odds at the end of the year to get the #1 pick.

At the absolute best it's less than 1 in 5, so not that good.

Reactions: RedMenace

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
That game was butt ugly. So much for the one game winning streak. Played a great first period but forget the other 40 minutes. You cannot keep giving up five plus goals a game. I had the game on the internet radio from Victoria and probably should have shut it off. AA a minus 4 and now -16 for the year. WOW. Well Jeff do you feel the noose tightening.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I'm impressed with how negative some people are on here. Probably their best offensive game all season... unfortunately, also their worst defensively. Carolina is a very, very good team.

Hicketts won't be playing 2nd pairing again anytime soon if Blashill has any shred of sanity and he was easily to blame for a lot of the damage tonight. Replace Cholowski and we're a much better team and probably could've won that game. Onto Florida.

Reactions: RedMenace

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Pavel Datsyuk was never dumb and he sure as hell saw which way this was headed when he got the **** out of Dodge. I have no problem with Green FWIW. I'd be fine with him collecting the rest of his salary as a LTIR all star. If he wants to play I'm not expecting much. The only way I judge this season is how good are our odds at the end of the year to get the #1 pick.

I agree with every bit of your post -- except for...

At the absolute best it's less than 1 in 5, so not that good.

This. Banking on a 1st overall is like playing the lottery with a "you're not completely f***ed" set of odds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad