GDT: 11/1/2019 | Detroit Red Wings @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:30pm EST | FSD, FSCR

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Green is such a lazy hockey player. The one thing you can control at any point in time is your effort level, and he chooses to keep his below 50%

It was always so crazy for Blashill to be calling out Mantha and AA for "effort" on a team that brought back Green and Vanek, two guys who never got singled out for their bullshit.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It was always so crazy for Blashill to be calling out Mantha and AA for "effort" on a team that brought back Green and Vanek, two guys who never got singled out for their bull****.

I went over this with the Cholowski benching. I do understand the logic in being harder on the your prospects coming up because you’re trying to establish good habits and self awareness. I don’t take issue with Blashill for being hard on the kids, but there’s a difference between putting someone in the doghouse and helping them become more aware of their level of play. One game in the press box should have gotten the point across. To go with another game tonight and have that performance displayed, it doesn’t help anyone.

This particular situation with Green was me speaking from a perspective as a former athlete. I can’t imagine being okay with operating at half speed like that. I can’t imagine being in the locker room with teammates if my effort level just looked so much lower than everyone else’s.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Thank goodness the NHL changed the odds at the perfect time to solve a problem that didn't exist in the first place...

I'm having a really hard time not just dropping more pessimism on this. :laugh: When you word it like that, though, and I consider all of the changes of the NHL has made to itself over the past 25 years...yeah, this seems pretty much in line with how they operate.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
A lot of guys should feel pretty embarrassed by that effort.

That group in Carolina has put it on us a few times over the last few years, I know we don't see them a ton but get a little more pride and compete level going... You know and don't make plays and reads that kids get ripped on for doing in peewee. That was pretty disgraceful.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's a long season these guys should take a long look at how miserable they want this to be. We honestly look like that Colorado team from not so long ago and that was a really tough season to watch. I know it doesn't completely feel this way but we are on the edge of something pretty awful here, the Lions fan in me sort of is saying these are familiar signs. This thing can actually get worse if these guys start really quitting in the effort department and other things. They are a bad team, a bad team that doesn't try while not executing... Look out.

We will see, I will watch every game, but man this looks like a really really tough year right now. We knew that going in, but it is still hard to watch at times.

Reactions: RedMenace

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Thank goodness the NHL changed the odds at the perfect time to solve a problem that didn't exist in the first place...

The NHL is like any other major sports entertainment corporation, they do whatever drives capital. Sort of leaves the door wide open for speculation on the motivation. Revenue sharing can make all the owners winners.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Some earned.
But lots of bad puck luck. Lots of bad goaltending. Lots of bad defensemen getting owned.
Last game, Dylan Larkin made an uncharacteristic giveaway to Drai, and AA just happened to be coming on the ice and takes the minus.
Plus a ton of EN goals.

Still, it's pretty remarkable really.

I think it’s more attributable to the lack of offense than it is defense. We know who he is on D, but he is generally a very strong 5 on 5 producer. If he isn’t scoring, it’s gonna get rough quickly. Hope to see a regression to the norm soon

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really glad I got to watch Hicketts play a bunch on the PP depsite that pairings showing all game but Svechnikov couldnt get a look in the top 6 at all.

Cholowski will be playing next game for sure. This was one of AAs better games at least and all the right guys got points plus a tank loss. Hard to watch though, I wish someone would go throw a body check and look like they care at all out there though

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Very evident they need whatever the f*ck they can get from the draft

Just one unquestionable top line/pair guy and the makeup of this team becomes a lot different. Bring in another 1C, and suddenly Veleno and/or Rasmussen can move comfortably to wing. Zadina wouldn't have to be the principle driver on a line. Hronek/Cholowski/Seider no longer have to hit it out of the park developmentally, and other guys like McIsaac don't have to slot in so high for the blueline to be good again (in other words, imagine if we'd have gotten Dahlin).

Some lotto luck wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for this club.

Reactions: RedMenace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad