GDT: #11 – Bruins at Sabres – Thu Oct 30, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
What? I was just saying that ted should play him a normal amount, not like the 1 and a half minutes he played him in the first.

Like 14-15. But I also think he should be on the pp. I really don't care about his specific amount. If he was on par with his linemates I wouldnt have even said anything.

I see. Hey, not arguing. Just wanted you to nail down what you're thinking. I think 14-15 is a little high personally. But 9-12 mins is reasonable with a look or two on the PP and even PK just to expose him to it.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Just answer a consistent five shifts per period isn't too much to ask, but six or seven with PP TOI would be better. Two's a waste.

Yep. Total waste. And more, it sets up players to do poorly when they do get on the ice.

2 shifts a period = sitting for 17+minutes = getting on the ice cold, not into the flow. Any player at any level will tell you it's useless for the team and hard on the player to do well in that set-up.

I'm gonna hope/expect that Nolan doesn't go fruity and put Reinhart's line on the ice for the last min of a period after sitting for 15, 17 mins, lol

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I see. Hey, not arguing. Just wanted you to nail down what you're thinking. I think 14-15 is a little high personally. But 9-12 mins is reasonable with a look or two on the PP and even PK just to expose him to it.

Yeah, if you're giving him pp and pk time, 10-12 is fine with me. But you would probably end up givin him a little more than that if you're giving him that extra time away from even strength.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
Anyone else notice the the Bruins Dmen kinda suck? I know they're missing Chara and Krug, but if this is what the future holds... :yo: Reinforces my belief that Tampa is now the top dog in this division.

On an unrelated note, how can Rayzor find "Georges" so difficult to pronounce? Blows my mind.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
With the Stafford-Ennis duet reunited and both having a quality game, is it politically correct and socially acceptable yet to see Moulson unlocked from Ennis' hip, maybe even booted down a line (or two or three)?

It's not like it's been a terribly bad game for Moulson, but there for sure isn't any actual chemistry (natural or acquired/learned) between him and Ennis, and he's not exactly very noticeable out there in his own right either... "surfer" continues to come to mind.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
We are getting the NESN feed on center ice...

Showing the Bruins goal multiple times, if Enroth is anywhere around 6' his leg is is just two inches longer and stops that deflection. He was in perfect butterfly position but his butterfly will never cover the bottom of the net.

Shame because he's really got great reflexes and position.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
With the Stafford-Ennis duet reunited and both having a quality game, is it politically correct and socially acceptable yet to see Moulson unlocked from Ennis' hip, maybe even booted down a line (or two or three)?

It's not like it's been a terribly bad game for Moulson, but there for sure isn't any actual chemistry (natural or acquired/learned) between him and Ennis, and he's not exactly very noticeable out there in his own right either... "surfer" continues to come to mind.

Moulson is the reincarnation of Dave Andreychuk and Ray Sheppard, they are relatively slow, don't really get physical and will consistently give you 20-30 goals if you get them the puck in front of the net. Where are you going to put him that will get him pucks in front of the net?

edit : if anything Moulson needs to be a little farther back from the net, just seems to be a little too close on a lot of rebounds/shots..

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
That was a really nice shift from Reinhart, a couple nice passes to easily get out of the zone

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

Ennis and Moulson played pretty well together last year...there's something there.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Moulson is the reincarnation of Dave Andreychuk and Ray Sheppard, they are relatively slow, don't really get physical and will consistently give you 20-30 goals if you get them the puck in front of the net. Where are you going to put him that will get him pucks in front of the net?

edit : if anything Moulson needs to be a little farther back from the net, just seems to be a little too close on a lot of rebounds/shots..

:dunno: How 'bout give him the Hodgson treatment?

Using your description, don't see how they're any different? Well except for Hodgson being younger and regularly reliable to take face-offs.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Ennis and Moulson played pretty well together last year...there's something there.

Moulson-Hodgson played just as well together, until they hit a cool streak. The Moulson-Ennis cool streak has lasted longer. Maybe time for a change-up.

GerbeSonOfGloin

May 27, 2011
Regarding our goalie situation going forward, I said we should just throw **** at the wall and see what sticks. Right now, it looks like **** is sticking.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 30s31 seconds ago

McDavid has 13 goals and 38 points in 13 games. In related news, BUF leads BOSZ 2-1 in 3rd period.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
:dunno: How 'bout give him the Hodgson treatment?

Using your description, don't see how they're any different? Well except for Hodgson being younger and regularly reliable to take face-offs.

Moulson isn't a kid playing down from what he could be. He's a known quantity that the coaches obviously feel they know what he can provide. Moulson also isn't playing center ever.

Hodgson and Moulson both need better players around them, but Hodgson is also underperforming from what I think most people would be expecting from him.

I think the much of hubbub of people complaining about the makeup of lines or which line whomever is currently on is overwrought, it's a terrible team, and there's no way Nolan or pretty much any other coach is going to be putting less veteran players on the "top" lines, because they trust them to make better decisions (whether they do or not).

Clock

May 13, 2006
Ha - what was that with Marchand just before the commercial break there?

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013

Hodgson is the only regular face-off guy who is actually above 50%. Has 100% tonight, but only two draws of course. Came into tonight's game at 53.5%.

For reference, coming into this game:

Girgensons - 43.3% (sad, he was doin' well before put under the pressure to take so many)
Ennis - 39.4%
Reinhart - 24.4%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad