GDT: #11 – Bruins at Sabres – Thu Oct 30, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I guess this is okay to say in the 3rd period. Don't ever say something like this in the 1st period!

It's pretty pointless to say based on one random play on a horrible team desperate not to lose late in the 3rd period. And no, I don't think he'll ever be a stud #1 defenseman, but there's also only maybe 10 or so players I'd call that even in the game right now so....

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
We'll win the shootout because it's the one thing the team is good at. Outshot 3:1 and we are going to end up getting 2 pts as a result. Good for Jhonas I guess but pathetic.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Hoping Reinhart gets a shift here....but I expect alot of Mitchell/Giontas and McCormick/Foligno's. Play for that tie Teddy

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's pretty pointless to say based on one random play on a horrible team desperate not to lose late in the 3rd period. And no, I don't think he'll ever be a stud #1 defenseman, but there's also only maybe 10 or so players I'd call that even in the game right now so....
It's not a useless comment to make because I have watched him with my eyes every game he's been in this league and probably half of his games in Kelowna. He simply can't be a top 2 defensemen on a team that has aspirations to win it all. He's just so wildly inconsistent mentally that he would probably give me a stroke in a game 6 or game 7 situation.

With that said I can't wait for the day that Myers is our 4th best defensemen because that will be a treat to watch.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Hodgson has never been a reliable faceoff man with a regular faceoff workload. Man do you really reach to praise your boy.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
Hah! Marchand standing in the slot untouched for a good three-count awaiting that feed.

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
Anyone else notice Ennis gesture towards his linemate, "Hey! You take the point man while I take nobody!"

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Now we get to hear what a great effort it was. BS. Same crap 15 shots. I feel sorry for Myers. He's playing well. Caught on ice way too long on OT winner but everybody out there was out of gas.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
It's not a useless comment to make because I have watched him with my eyes every game he's been in this league and probably half of his games in Kelowna. He simply can't be a top 2 defensemen on a team that has aspirations to win it all. He's just so wildly inconsistent mentally that he would probably give me a stroke in a game 6 or game 7 situation.

With that said I can't wait for the day that Myers is our 4th best defensemen because that will be a treat to watch.

It is useless cause the comment is off one random play which is always silly and pointless. I think he's inconsistent and constantly put in over his head (like most people on the team), and it would be nice to see if he could produce/develop on a real team but his opportunity here is clearly running on a short fuse.

Now if he had scored on the slap shot 30 secs earlier would he now be a top 2 defenseman? Hey look a silly judgement comment base on one play, hence my point.

My bigger concern with him is simply his commitment level, he never seems to have the stamina to hold up on longer shifts. Whether that's a training level thing or just as good as he can get at his size, who knows.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Hodgson has never been a reliable faceoff man with a regular faceoff workload. Man do you really reach to praise your boy.

Sigh.

Do you realize the kid is 24 years old? In theory at least that means it's still possible for him to work on something and actually improve results.

Where it goes to face-offs, Hodgson has been working on it and thus far this season has seen improvement.

Not saying he came into this season some sorta face-off expert, or even solid. Not saying there won't/wouldn't be diminishing returns over a season. Not saying anything more than what the numbers say -

Thus far this season, Hodgson is the only regular face-off guy over 50%. 53.5% coming into this game. Good for ~10% more than the next guy (Girgensons).

Sheesh, is it possible to point out a single positive about a player without getting leaped on? :shakehead

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Thus far this season, Hodgson is the only regular face-off guy over 50%. 53.5% coming into this game. Good for ~10% more than the next guy (Girgensons).

Sheesh, is it possible to point out a single positive about a player without getting leaped on? :shakehead

You only get leaped upon when your stat is a little disingenuous.

Sam Reinhart -- he of the 10 shifts per game -- has more faceoffs taken than Hodsgon.

Girgensons has nearly double Hodgson's number and Ennis has just about 50% more than Hodsgon.

Hodgson isn't a "regular" faceoff guy anymore.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So Reinhart is probably one of the top 6 forwards this year in effort and good performances and he gets jack **** for ice time and no chance to succeed. Send him back so Teddy can play scrubs like McCormack over our future :shakehead

Nolan has to go. I know the goal is 30th and a guarantee of McDavid or Eichel but there are ways to make it more entertaining/more beneficial for the young guys. If we are going to be in last anyway why the **** isn't Reinhart given more chances? Why is Zadorov not in?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
It is useless cause the comment is off one random play which is always silly and pointless. I think he's inconsistent and constantly put in over his head (like most people on the team), and it would be nice to see if he could produce/develop on a real team but his opportunity here is clearly running on a short fuse.

Now if he had scored on the slap shot 30 secs earlier would he now be a top 2 defenseman? Hey look a silly judgement comment base on one play, hence my point.

My bigger concern with him is simply his commitment level, he never seems to have the stamina to hold up on longer shifts. Whether that's a training level thing or just as good as he can get at his size, who knows.

The conditioning thing with him is definitely a problem. Him dying at the end of shifts happens to often. To me that is a combination of stamina and taking to much on. He has to rush the puck to often and when he does he frequently has to sprint to get back, either because of his own overly aggressive play or a turnover by his crappy forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad