Prospect Info: #102 G Tyler Brennan, Prince George WHL

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the first round, 21st overall, in the 2018 WHL Draft, the depth chart and the COVID pandemic have prevented Tyler Brennan from becoming a starting goalie in the WHL until December of this year. Brennan is just a few days too young to have been eligible for the 2021 NHL Draft. He played for a rebuilding Prince George Cougars team, appearing in 39 regular-season games. Brennan went 11-25-2 with a 3.58 goals-against-average and .899 save percentage. He also appeared in four playoff games. Brennan went 0-3-0 as the Cougars were swept in the first round by the Portland Winter Hawks. It certainly wasn’t Brennan’s fault as he had a 1.86 goals-against-average and a .954 save percentage. Brennan played for Team White at the CHL Top Prospects Game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not ideal stats but goalies almost never do have ideal stats, especially with the pandemic taking away a year of development

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

https://thehockeywriters.com/tyler-brennan-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Strengths​

• Excellent size
  • Reflexes and positional instincts
  • Good flexibility for his size
  • Calm and collected
  • Excellent mental game for his age

Under Construction (Improvements to Make)​

• Squeezing arms tight for shots under his arms
  • Puck handling could use some work
  • Allows a few too many rebounds

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Looking at the video presentation, Brennan showed no emotion whatsover. No smile. Nothing. Makes me question the pick when you have the personality of a rock.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
I live in PG and try to get out to as many games as I can. They were a very young team last season with their best players not draft eligible until next season . Take his numbers with a grain of salt, I feel like he got better as the season went on and was pretty good in the playoffs where the cougars were way overmatched . The team should hopefully be better next year.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Looking at the video presentation, Brennan showed no emotion whatsover. No smile. Nothing. Makes me question the pick when you have the personality of a rock.
Also, when they selected him NHL Network they showed him shaking hands with everyone at the table. He didn't show much emotion. Once of the first hands he shook was Brodeur and I was hoping he knows that Brodeur was one of the greatest of all-time. Some of these athletes are not students of the game.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad