GDT: #10|New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins|October 25 |Horrible Bosses| F/W 4-3

eastonhockey22*

Hey, so, Ive been super busy with work and school lately. Is there any where I can watch tonight's game on Sunday or Monday in its entirety?

I haven't missed a game at the coliseum so far and tonight was the first away game that I didn't get a chance to see live. I'd like to watch the whole thing from start to finish as if it was live... Anyone know any legit resources I could use?

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009
Hey, so, Ive been super busy with work and school lately. Is there any where I can watch tonight's game on Sunday or Monday in its entirety?

I haven't missed a game at the coliseum so far and tonight was the first away game that I didn't get a chance to see live. I'd like to watch the whole thing from start to finish as if it was live... Anyone know any legit resources I could use?

They usually play it in the morning at I think 10 on the weekends.

By the way everyone it was 2 1 with 9 minutes left when I left ot went out. I thought we lost. But of course everytime I turn the game off our team turns it on.

Really a great win. Will definitely be one of the best wins of the year for us no matter what happens.

Our team has some special talent on offense. We are deep with offensive forwards. Some lack defensive responsibility but you know what. With our offense we will always be in games and being down a goal wont feel like an impossible obstacle like it has in the past.

Without grabner these last 2 games too.

Slow starts every year. Decent start this year. Lets hope we build on this and become the team we were before the playoffs last year.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think Donovan might get scratched next game. He was given time off before to study the game and improve, but he made some bad defensive errors. I think he needs to sit for a game or two in order to get his defensive game better.

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
I think Donovan might get scratched next game. He was given time off before to study the game and improve, but he made some bad defensive errors. I think he needs to sit for a game or two in order to get his defensive game better.

I'm not quite sure this will happen, unless Strait is ready to play. Even then, I'd rather have Donovan out there than Carkner

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Teams game plan for Tavares, that's his greatest value to the team. Teams focus on him and he has to do the heavy lifting, it helps out the rest of the lines for a team that rolls 4.
Tavares is an elite player in this league. He gets game planned just like Toews, Datsuyk, Crosby etc. We should not make excuses for him, he has to find a way to play up to his status. If he was Yashin he would be getting killed on this board "best players have to be your best players" etc.. Johnny is playing below his abilities, not getting shots on net, bad defense. He has to step it up himself, lead this teams offense. He is my favorite Islander but I am not cutting him any break.

burana800

Dec 5, 2010
Finland
I really liked the couple of shifts where JT was on the ice with Bailey and Clutterback. Immediately you can see that there was more space for John. And Bailey is skill wise the only player who comes close in this team. More of this, please

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
yes Tavares is elite, but by no means, can he or anyone else, dictate the entire game. nor should we expect him to.

if 3 opposing players key on him, and we score, i know he will be happy. he's here to win. sure, he has personal goals, but i think they are secondary.

he's the kind of guy that checks his ego at the door. i doubt very much that he was awarded the C, because he is the most skilled. he is a team player, and a leader.

i don't think we've seen the best of him, by any means. but i'm not going to **** on him because he made a mistake, or didn't have a career game every game.

the team won. priority #1.

i agree. Donovan over Carkner. he made mistakes, but everyone did. he needs to learn, which means to play. i hate seeing rookies crucified for mistakes, while the vets are forgiven. HATE it! rookies obviously have the most fragile confidence, and can be destroyed by dumbass coaching. on the Engelland goal, i think it was a matter of timing. things just happen faster at the top level. do we see Carkner getting reamed for the half dozen mistakes that he makes a game?

Last edited:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Donovan had a bad game, but if you bench him now, whatever confidence he has will be lost. Rookie mistakes, they have to roll with it. Hickey is growing on me, he's a battler out there. Also, we always seem to play better defensively when Martinek is out there, PLUS he had 2 assists. Only ONE bad goal on Nabby tonight, played great, 39 saves !

I agree. And besides, who can they bench him for? The team only has 6 healthy defensemen right now. Unless Strait is available to play tomorrow, they're not going to bring up deHaan from Bridgeport so they can scratch Donovan.

Yitz

May 9, 2009
Tavares is an elite player in this league. He gets game planned just like Toews, Datsuyk, Crosby etc. We should not make excuses for him, he has to find a way to play up to his status. If he was Yashin he would be getting killed on this board "best players have to be your best players" etc.. Johnny is playing below his abilities, not getting shots on net, bad defense. He has to step it up himself, lead this teams offense. He is my favorite Islander but I am not cutting him any break.

tavares has 12 points in 10 games, just because frans nielsen is on a hell of a tear right now does not mean tavares hasn't been playing up to his ability.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If Im not mistaken, doing something like that is a penalty. I seem to remember the Islanders going on a powerplay because of it last year.

I'm not sure, but my guess would be that it's legal. It's a penalty if you intentionally move the other team's stick (to keep it away from them).

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
It's insane how much AMac has regressed.

Carkner has no business being in the NHL

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island

Amac is just not good enough playing against the other teams top lines and logging over 26 games per minutes. He's more suited for the second pairing and logging about 20 minutes per game. Isles need a dman desperately to play with Hamonic. You can obviously tell Amac is being outmatched out there against the top lines.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
He was this way last year too. That is what you get when a guy plays above his comfort level.

Agreed, he is a decent second pairing defenseman, stuck playing top minutes. Hamonic is the only defenseman we have capable of playing top minutes.

Hamonic played 30 minutes last night, that is impressive, but we really need Viz healthy, so the second pairing can eat up some of those minutes.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I'm not sure he has regressed. He's much more exposed than before maybe.

Yeah. AMac is the same guy, he just plays way too much.

Why he's on the PP when Cap ALSO expects him to shut-down opposing top lines makes zero sense. He is terrible on the PP. Save his minutes and have someone out there who is better suited. They have Bouchard, Nielsen and Donovan who can all play the point. I'd put Hickey out there before AMac as well.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Facts from tonight's game:

Pittsburgh didn't really show up and were complacent for large stretches. They overlooked this club, and their goaltender was awful.

The Isles got every last inch out of this game that they could have. Call this win luck for the way the match went down, but they did manage to win it in reg time, so they deserve some praise there.

As a few have already noted Carkner is one of the worst defensemen in the league and every game I see him he proves it all over again.

PMB did not celebrate like he won the cup, more like if he got the phone number of the tall hot chick at the bar.

Martinek came back and had a better game than most could have predicted. I hope he stays healthy, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Hickey can do more. It is nice to see the Hickey love coming out. Yes, break him and Vis up and let him loose.

Martin is searching for his groove. I don't know what is up with him but he doesn't look 100%. I hope there is a shadow injury that heals in a while that explains it.

Nabokov... so mediocre.

I realize Bailey go the gwg, but the feed from Nielsen was a really poor choice because someone was on Bailey and Nielsen had the better shooting position. They got extremely lucky that Josh could poke that thing in, and extremely lucky that the goaltender misplayed it.

You can chalk this one up to dumb luck. The good news is Cappy juggled up some good lines in the last part of the game. I hope he keeps them. Bailey and Tavares should be given a long look.

The first bolded point; that's the Pens problem and less ours. If they took us lightly that's there fault and apparently didn't learn anything about playing the Isles from last years playoffs. Their goalie was good till the 3rd and then collapsed.

2nd bolded item; I agree with you about Martin. Something is off. Hopefully whatever it is he can work past it.

that was the post of the year lol

Thanks!

The Isles are now ranked #1 on the PP and #5 on the PK. They had a similar ranking last season to start the year as well.

Nice to see our special teams doing well.

I hope its not regression, but rather just a slow start. Hopefully he can turn it around because we need him at his best.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Agreed, he is a decent second pairing defenseman, stuck playing top minutes. Hamonic is the only defenseman we have capable of playing top minutes.

Hamonic played 30 minutes last night, that is impressive, but we really need Viz healthy, so the second pairing can eat up some of those minutes.
But when Amac plays 30 mins no one is impressed. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3