I got a little black book with Hak's lines in. It's blank

"I've got a blank page babe - I'll write your name."

biy7DMt.jpg

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
No, just finishing this one.
When this team is competitive in 2020-21, Voracek will be 31, Simmonds should be long gone, Ghost and Weal will be 28.
None have done squat in the last two playoff series, and injuries were not an issue. So why expect anything from them going forward?
I don't see them as essential elements to a championship team.
I'm not saying dump anyone, but I'm listening to all offers.

Giroux and Couts are the two veterans with leadership qualities, which is why I'd keep them on the 2nd line.
They don't have the speed to keep up with the top #1 lines in today's NHL, but could be a top veteran #2 line.
We're not winning unless we can build a 1st line around Patrick and a top 3rd line around Frost.
We need more young, fast forwards and trades are the best way of getting players to bridge the gap between this team and the "next generation," Farabee, O'Brien, Ratcliffe, Lycksell, etc. Players who are 22-24 and can fill out the current roster along with Rubtsov, NAK, Kase, Vorobyev and Twarynski.
Get a new coach first. Simmonds should have been traded in the offseason. Never a great 5v5 player. Vorecek is fine.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The core players are here to stay based on their contracts.

JVR hasn’t played.
TK is one a short leash
Coots regressed severely
G and V are stat padding
Patrick not making any leaps. Not seeing the passing or finishing we need from him
Simmer is streaky
Ghost and Provy are still trying to find their game. I feel like they are trying to do too much. Maybe feeling the pressure.
Amac is still sliding past the goalie into the corner as I’m typing this.
Gudas might be the best player at the moment. Good beard
Role players have no roles because the PK is awful
Hak - self explanatory. A very simple task of challenging goals still not something he can do.
Hextall - brought in a waiver tendy that can’t tend. All the goalie moves he made were wrong.
This too... human behavior/psychology.

We tend to overrate good occurrences and overrate bad occurrences even more!

It’s just a really bad streak. No one has shown signs of regressing. If they play the year that way... it can be an argument.

10 games. Yes 1/8 of the year, but hold the breaks. It’s really all systematic. Change the system, you’ll change the team.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
No, just finishing this one.
When this team is competitive in 2020-21, Voracek will be 31, Simmonds should be long gone, Ghost and Weal will be 28.
None have done squat in the last two playoff series, and injuries were not an issue. So why expect anything from them going forward?
I don't see them as essential elements to a championship team.
I'm not saying dump anyone, but I'm listening to all offers.

Giroux and Couts are the two veterans with leadership qualities, which is why I'd keep them on the 2nd line.
They don't have the speed to keep up with the top #1 lines in today's NHL, but could be a top veteran #2 line.
We're not winning unless we can build a 1st line around Patrick and a top 3rd line around Frost.
We need more young, fast forwards and trades are the best way of getting players to bridge the gap between this team and the "next generation," Farabee, O'Brien, Ratcliffe, Lycksell, etc. Players who are 22-24 and can fill out the current roster along with Rubtsov, NAK, Kase, Vorobyev and Twarynski.
No, that's not finishing this rebuild.

This rebuild was wrapped up this summer when he signed a 30-year old winger to a huge contract so he could play with the rest of our core vets.

Hextall would unironically be fired if he went to his bosses and suggested he's trading Jake or G for futures.

They'd tell him "Ron... you said we would be better, make the playoffs, and even win a round. And now, 5-years after you got the job, you want to blow it up by trading G & Jake IE players who, if you would have traded 5-years ago, could have gotten huge returns that could be helping us int he NHL right now?... instead of waiting for another ___ years?"

Ron would be fired & Dean would be named GM within the hour.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
G isn't going anywhere. Neither is Couts.

Jake would get you a big return, cost controlled top scoring forward that would fit on some teams.
And you wouldn't have to figure out where to play him anymore.

Simmonds would have got a good return 4 years ago, but not the last couple years, he's been damaged goods for a while, the reason to move him is addition by subtraction, if you're going to play Vorobyev at 3C he needs wings who can help him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why? Ron Hextall is just dollar store Dean Lombardi without having a keen eye for evaluating pro talent and what pieces to acquire so his team can get over the hunt.

He’s terrible. Every bad quality Hextall has, he does too & he’s terrible at managing assets/cap which is the only real good things Hextall does.

I don’t even care about Hextall at this point. If he eventually losses his job whatever but for the love of god could this organization move on & get with the times for once. Probably wishful thinking though for an organization that still parades around a team from the 70’s any chance they get even though a good chunk of the fan base is getting further removed from it.

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
players don't believe in what they are being coached to do. even when you try to make something work, and you know it sucks you don't have confidence and it shows in how you play. the coach drags this team and it's players down instead of getting them to buy in and giving them confidence to play their best.what he is coaching them to do isn't working and this team looks the same year in and year out. even though some of the players have changed, the same problems still exist.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
He’s terrible. Every bad quality Hextall has, he does too & he’s terrible at managing assets/cap the only real good things Hextall does.
He has 1 redeeming quality: he's 100x better at evaluating pro personel as to improve his team.

Also, idk to be sure which contracts he gave out were his and which weren't (I know they are all tech his, but ownership played a big role in some of his moves). I know it's long, but this is an excellent interview with great incite.

go to 39:00

He basically says he nearly got fired because his owner in LA insisted on wanting Kovalchuk and he was 100% against it. Makes you wonder what else was ownership's doing and it makes sense that he was under heat and was doing the best he could to try and win while the window was open.

Don't forget: he largely built that LA team to 2 cups. I don't have any confidence in our current GM to even win a round, let alone a Cup.

Reactions: Wellwood

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Jesus this season is so unforgettable I completely forgot there was a game tonight. Did anyone look good?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He won two cups & got fired not long after it because he totally mismanaged his assets & cap space on top of not moving away from a style that the league was trending away from. It’s pretty hard to do that in professional sports but he f***ed up so bad even the ownership couldn’t even deny it. It’s a short tournament in all but he made a mockery out of USA Hockey at the World Cup around that time too with his rosters decisions which just further showed how out of touch he was getting. No salary cap or assets even involved in that one either & arguably the second most talent roster pool to select from.

I’ve seen enough of Lombardi’s work to know I don’t want him here.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Hard no on Lombardi from me.
oh, I don't want Lombardi, either.

Just pointing out Ron Hextall is a bootleg Dean Lombardi. He's a Dean Lombardi without the success and without the eye to pull off moves that improve his team on the ice.

If I had to pick a new GM, I'd try for Laurence Gilman or Don Maloney (tbh I'd like to see what he could do with an actual payroll)

Last edited:

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
howdy doo.jpg
Our new first line , I like ClaraBelle as a center, Bob on left wing and Howdy shooting a bomb hopefully the marinette strings don't get in the way.

captain kangaroo.jpg
Captain can really clear the crease and Mr Greenjeans.......if can dig the puck out of the corner as well as he can dig potatoes out of the ground, he will be just fine......

chief halftown.jpg
Chief Halftown......goalie par excellent. If gets scored on, sitting on top of crossbar is a tomahawk, Magua's weapon of choice as well. Go in the crease, get your head chopped off.....

sally starr.jpg

My beloved Sally Starr........as Head Coach........hey MacDonald......what am I holding in my hand?
Make one more mistake and you'll get a bullet up your ass.....

dick clark.jpg

Our new GM.....Dick Clark....I give it an 8, boy, you can really dance to Chuck Berry's new hit at No.3.
Sweet Little Sixteen.........

this is the end.gif

Good night everyone........

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I heard Jack Edwards get excited about Gostisbehere’s physical play tonight. Not sure why he can’t stick to the narrative.

Also thought it was fishy when a Bruin fell to the ice after a baby ghost punch landed on his chest

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad