Canada
Keep on
Keep on tanking

thumb.aspx

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lehtera and Weise were among our better forwards against the Avs.
Weise almost scored, which is more than you could say for our top line, and had fine possession stats and hit people.
Of course, he was doing his best Raffl imitation since Raffl was injured.

The alternatives right now are Vorobyev and Knight, though won't surprise me if Vorobyev plays for Weal.

Put TK on the top line where he obviously beings and give him the ice time he obviously deserves and it'll get going.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Boston could easily dummy us. NYI is a tossup due to the talent disparity but they are better coached and Trotz prepares well so we could easily lose to a worse team that is better managed.

boston could dummy us or we could win. WE are schizophrenic in that sense. If the islanders beat us 4-1 or 5-1 i think that will be a tell tale sign that Hak has lost the players attention. I hate to say it but i am actively rooting for blowouts this week.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
boston could dummy us or we could win. WE are schizophrenic in that sense. If the islanders beat us 4-1 or 5-1 i think that will be a tell tale sign that Hak has lost the players attention. I hate to say it but i am actively rooting for blowouts this week.
Wouldnt mind if they beat us by at least a touchdown, and in the reports it says "OWNERSHIP HAS HAKSTOL ON THE HOT SEAT" which tells me hextall doesnt have the balls to man the f*** up and admit he made a mistake

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Talent is pretty far off.

They don't work harder. They work inside of a better system so they are working towards something that works better.
Go watch the for check the hustle. Flyers are slow and really don't care right now. That game last night was terrible and that players dude but you love them and that's ok. Coach is gonna go but it's still the same boring players

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
I think it is safe to say that the clock is ticking and two coaches could be gone within a week or so.

It's also safe to say that if that happens we will know within a short timespan if coaching was the problem or not.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Go watch the for check the hustle. Flyers are slow and really don't care right now. That game last night was terrible and that players dude but you love them and that's ok. Coach is gonna go but it's still the same boring players

The same thing was said in 2009. Then we got a competent coach and the exact same players ran to the Finals without a goalie.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The same thing was said in 2009. Then we got a competent coach and the exact same players ran to the Finals without a goalie.
Way better players two way and skating wise. Way better team period and Stevens still took them to the ecf and if kimmo and coburn play who knows. This team has as nothing on it like that team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Actually, Leighton had his one good season that year, and it wasn't the coach or system since he went downhill after that - as Mason has shown us - goalies are strange creatures - or look at Murray in Pittsburgh, world beater to world beaten in two years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Actually, Leighton had his one good season that year, and it wasn't the coach or system since he went downhill after that - as Mason has shown us - goalies are strange creatures - or look at Murray in Pittsburgh, world beater to world beaten in two years.

He lost several good defensive players that covered for him.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
You're really going to sit here and act like Leighton was an asset in the 2010 cup run? First, he only played in 14 of the 22 playoff games. And aside from an abysmal third pairing, he was arguably the reason they lost in the finals. I've seen you make some bizarre arguments on here, but this has to take the cake.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
No because that was a more short term thing, this has been 5 years of the most boring and unispired hockey that i can remember

The past sometimes appears brighter than the present. But I wouldn't want to argue about it because obviously it depends upon the perspective

Beginning of the 90s also were depressing for a Flyer fan. Heroes of the past leaving, missing the playoffs for several years in a row...

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad