GDT: #10: FLYERS at Bruins, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Funny, I was told the stars "carried" this team last year, this year they're getting beat against top competition, "crickets."
When I said they were exposed in the playoffs, no no no, but it's becoming pretty obvious.
Sure, they can score, but just don't have the legs to match up against top, fast young talent.

A new coach won't change that, only enough new talent. And it's coming.

They are a disorganized mess right now. That's coaching. I am going to assume you agree with me and end this discussion right now.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hextall fires Hakstol, be prepared for a couple major trades as well, if he's going to blow up the season he'll probably want to take advantage of the grace period to dump a couple fan favorites.

Reactions: hatcher

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tenor.gif

Ddhg.gif

gif]

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Win or lose I don’t think it does much to hakstols chances. He’s got a ticking clock for sure. Win a couple and it buys him time lose a couple and it’s so long!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd almost want to see Holmgren as the interim coach, it would sure shake things up.
But it might lower the trade value on some people.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The only things less fun than the Hakstok brand of hockey are usual suspects:

a) the usual suspect who never acknowledges any mistake by a coaching staff, yet exaggaretes any negative impact a top end player may have
b) the usual suspect who was hell bent on calling Couturier a **** 3C player every year until he myssteriously disappeared for Couturiers career year
c) the usual suspect who just keeps strolling in with 1970s mentality, disliking everyone on the roster until they leave, then they are okay

These 3 repeating their one shtick over and over again are next level moaning tirade

To be fair, he didn't miss the entire year.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/playoff-couturier.2476817/

Reactions: Tripod and kudymen

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I would love to see Vorobyev get back in.
And I think a guy like Twarinsky would be a perfect call up. Especially if Raffl is hurt.

Giroux—Couturier—Konecny
Laughton—Patrick—Voracek
Lindblom—Vorobyev—Simmonds
Twarinsky—Weal—Weise

That 4th line has 2 physical wingers + a skilled center. I think as of right now, this would be our best 5 on 5 line up.

I also think our PK unit should be

Laughton — Couturier
Provorov — Hagg

Giroux — Simmonds
Sanheim — Gudas

Change It up. Let the big boys play. Be more aggressive. It feels like we just let the other teams score

Reactions: Crescent Street

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hextall knows its the players now and I love the commment we'll see whats out there if this team keeps sucking.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Laughton, Sanheim, TK, Hagg, are all improved.
See a trend here?

Time to clean house.

Adios Voracek! If the right trade presented its self I'd be down. Perhaps Simmonds will get traded though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad