Post-Game Talk: #10 | FLYERS 4 at Senators 5 | Thu. Oct. 26, 7:30 pm ET

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Is the Gudas hit posted anywhere? I've searched online, but I'm bad with the internet.
Apologies if it was posted previously in this thread.

For some reason the site is extremely laggy right now and I'm having difficulty getting through single page threads, let alone multi-page PGTs.

Thanks.
I'm guessing that if it was that bad, there already would be a six-page thread on the main board calling Gudas a dirty goon and demanding a big suspension like there is every time he makes a hit.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I'm not the ardent Hakstol hater that some are, but I'm looking forward to Knoblach taking over the team. I like his energy behind the bench. Seems like he knows what he's doing, and I think he probably processes the game in-the-moment better than Hakstol does.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
On top of all the other issues, Hakstol really needs to get over his budding love of Lehtera. There's really no excuse for him to be playing unless there's a ton of injuries and they're unable to call anyone up. The guy looks like Jagr out there, skating-wise, and his brain seems to be about the same speed.

I mean really, Weise is awful, but Lehtera makes him look like a great player by comparison. Same with Read.

The only time Lehtera should touch ice is during practice and when making himself a drink in the pressbox.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At least Weise can skate. Lehtera can't and is just as useless all across the ice.

Weise has made one good play this year, his steal and pass to Patrick for his first goal. Which is one more good play than I'd expect out of Lehtera all year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I did not see the game last night but I watched it this morning. Those two disallowed goals were garbage. The Weal one I still don't understand and the second one (Simmonds?) where they just blew the play dead after he scored was even worse.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Read, Lehtera and Weise are all "dead men walking"
Read is almost as slow as Lehtera these days and a lot smaller.
Weise got his shot, now he'll be phased out.

They're all just here filling out the roster until Hextall is ready to bring up a couple forwards from LHV.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
First time in his life he ever showed emotion, i bet his wife didnt get that much emotion out of him on their wedding day, i bet he gave her the infamous haktard stare, but good for him for growing a pair

When I saw the post about Hakstol showing emotion, I was expecting more than his bland "I don't understand" comment about the non-goal at the end of the game. I suppose anything less than the thousand-yard stare constitutes emotion. And, yes, his blood pressure increased into double digits when Boruk pushed him on how much he didn't like the last call; however, I thought it was somewhat appropriate given his even-tempered initial statement. It is in these (brief) instances – and only then – that I would want someone with Tortorella's passion to call out the refs.

Something else that I didn't see mentioned as being a major depressant was that this game was played against a depleted and flu-riddled Senators group: no Turris, no Ryan, and 2 AHL meh call-ups. Someone commented on the continued lack of fire starting a game; that has been a trademark of the Flyers since before Laviolette.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
this season will go as expected. Its a very young team, thats needs to gel. We will end up probably around the last wild card spot. We need more consistent goaltending and some more composure. Again... Macdonald missing is a huge blow, as much as we all hate him.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Lehtera is the worst player on the team. He may be the worst player in the NHL, period.

There's no way he should see the ice. No excuse for it.

Reactions: Striiker

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I did not see the game last night but I watched it this morning. Those two disallowed goals were garbage. The Weal one I still don't understand and the second one (Simmonds?) where they just blew the play dead after he scored was even worse.
the goalie interference one doesnt bother me as much as the the no goal with Anderson's glove over the goal line. Flyers should of at the very least sent the game into OT.
The first one waived off was a judgement call. it was very weak goalie interference even if Anderson initiated the contact. but they have been waiving goals like that all year. as someone once said. it is what it is.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Something else that I didn't see mentioned as being a major depressant was that this game was played against a depleted and flu-riddled Senators group: no Turris, no Ryan, and 2 AHL meh call-ups. Someone commented on the continued lack of fire starting a game; that has been a trademark of the Flyers since before Laviolette.

exactly. to come out like that after getting their asses handed to them on home ice was really disappointing. sure they came back with some effort, but how many times have we seen it. I have lost count.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And until then Lehtera is clearly the worst of the three so there's no excuse for Hakstol to have him in.

Except he is a center, which the other two are not.
So unless you break up the first line (don't even think about it), you live with Lehtera until Patrick returns (hopefully tomorrow).

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Except he is a center, which the other two are not.
So unless you break up the first line (don't even think about it), you live with Lehtera until Patrick returns (hopefully tomorrow).
I'd rather watch Elliott play center. :laugh:

If Patrick is back tomorrow and Lehtera is still in then there's no excuse.

And by watching them play, as horrible as Read and Weise are, there's no way they'd be worse than Lehtera at C. I get they don't play the position, but Lehtera doesn't look like he plays the sport, period.

Reactions: kelmitchell

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Read, Lehtera and Weise are all "dead men walking"
Read is almost as slow as Lehtera these days and a lot smaller.
Weise got his shot, now he'll be phased out.

They're all just here filling out the roster until Hextall is ready to bring up a couple forwards from LHV.
Then why do you defend weise so much? This is the contradicting that we all talk about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad