GDT: [#10] Dallas Stars @ Philadelphia Flyers, 6:00PM CT (FS-SW, ESPN+)

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Remember when McDonnell said they had Hintz as a top 15 player in that draft? The blind squirrel finds a nut.
I don't remember him making such a statement about Hintz, I remember him saying Gurianov had top 5 or 7 skill or some such, which couldn't have been more wrong

And here it is
“[NHL teams] had him in their top 15 or so, but most of the teams are afraid to take him,” said McDonnell. “He’s got top-five skill out of this draft. No question.”

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't remember him making such a statement about Hintz, I remember him saying Gurianov had top 5 or 7 skill or some such, which couldn't have been more wrong

Nah the skill is defintely there he just never had the toolbox to put it together.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm saying it. Jamie Benn doesn't suck tonight . Radulov , Seguin and Pavelski or the other hand...

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nah the skill is defintely there he just never had the toolbox to put it together.
Yes the draft with
McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanafin, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Meier, Barzal, Chabot, Aho, and Connor.
And Denis is so much more skilled than most of the above that he's "TOP 5 skill no question" :rolleyes:

And that's the players that i remember from that draft, i'm sure i'm forgetting others

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes the draft with
McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanafin, Werenski, Provorov, Rantanen, Meier, Barzal, Chabot, Aho, and Connor.
And Denis is so much more skilled than most of the above that he's "TOP 5 no question" :rolleyes:

And that's the players that i remember from that draft, i'm sure i'm forgetting others

Raw skill and actual skill in games is something entirely different. On raw skill Gurianov has almost everything you want from a forward. Speed, a very good shot , good passing ability .

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

And here it is
“[NHL teams] had him in their top 15 or so, but most of the teams are afraid to take him,” said McDonnell. “He’s got top-five skill out of this draft. No question.”

He's correct. McDonnell said it in an interview after the draft that Roope was top 15 on their board.

Reactions: Satan

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Raw skill and actual skill in games is something entirely different. On raw skill Gurianov has almost everything you want from a forward. Speed, a very good shot , good passing ability .
sure if you say so.

Couldn't trade 10 Gurianovs for 1 of those guys, but he's right there with them in raw skill, just not where it matters i guess

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia

And here it is

He 100% said it about Hintz, I believe it was in the post draft interview with the Stars official website. I remember the Gurianov stuff too. He made it sound like we got a top 5 and top 15 player with our first two picks.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He 100% said it about Hintz, I believe it was in the post draft interview with the Stars official website. I remember the Gurianov stuff too. He made it sound like we got a top 5 and top 15 player with our first two picks.
He may have, i don't remember I tuned out that draft when they took a 2nd/3rd round talent in the first round.
I remember the statement about Gurianov because of how out of touch with reality it was.

Reactions: Henderson33

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I said it a game or two ago. Everyone loves to pile on Benn (myself included) and he has been bad this season but Seguin and Radulov are equally bad. I'll actually go a step further and say Seguin and Radulov have looked worse than Benn this season and underachieved more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad