GDT: [#10] Dallas Stars @ Philadelphia Flyers, 6:00PM CT (FS-SW, ESPN+)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why is that happening?? They can add mising assist later

I don't know. The opposing team for a second slightly touched the puck both times before Perry and Heiskanen scored so my guess is thatswhy the assists had been taken away. Of course that Perry goal was generated mostly by Hintz but for a second the Flyers player touched the puck before it went to Perry so no assist for you.

On the goal against the Blues the pass Hintz made bounced off a Blues player to Heiskanen. So he didn't intend to pass it to Miro but it ended up there.

joshik

In Duchene we believe
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I don't know. The opposing team for a second slightly touched the puck both times before Perry and Heiskanen scored so my guess is thatswhy the assists had been taken away. Of course that Perry goal was generated mostly by Hintz but for a second the Flyers player touched the puck before it went to Perry so no assist for you.

On the goal against the Blues the pass Hintz made bounced off a Blues player to Heiskanen. So he didn't intend to pass it to Miro but it ended up there.
Thats sucks. He don't need the assist that much but for some players it can decreased their confidence.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I thought the other team needed to possess the puck to negate an assist. Pretty sure I’ve seen players awarded an assist when it deflected off an opposing players stick. Hopefully they give it back to him, he sure as hell deserves it.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I just watched the replay and the Flyers' defenseman did whack the puck out of midair and along the boards which I'm guessing counts as possession. Hintz touches the puck before that happens but not again after. Perry grabs it off the boards and scores it from there, so I can agree with no assist to Hintz.

7:21 of this video has the play and a replay from the opposite angle.

Reactions: joshik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad