Robin Lehner
Jake Allen
Jhonas Enroth
Matt Hackett
Leland Irving
Mark Visentin
Alex Stalock
Kevin Poulin

I left out Holtby because IMO he has established himself in the NHL even though he'll probably be spending the season in the AHL this year.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
10 best goalie prospects that have not yet established themselves in the NHL?

I'm assuming from your username that you might be asking this with more of a fantasy context. It is tough to project goalies since they need an opportunity to start. Cory Schneider has been a great prospect for years but he's been stuck behind Luongo.

Jacob Markstrom is probably the best bet in terms of potential+opportunity. Jack Campbell and Mark Visentin will have the oppotunity to compete for NHL jobs possibly as early as 2012-13. Until he injured his knee, Kevin Poulin was looking like a nice potential sleeper for the Islanders.

Things get murky after that. You might see "older" prospects from Europe/NCAA get chances in the NHL before 2009-2011 drafted goalies. Somebody like Martin Jones has looked pretty good, but he's stuck behind Quick/Bernier.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
In no order,

Jacob Markstrom
Anders Lindback
Robin Lehner
Jake Allen
Jhonas Enroth
Matt Hackett
Leland Irving
Mark Visentin
Alex Stalock
Kevin Poulin

I left out Holtby because IMO he has established himself in the NHL even though he'll probably be spending the season in the AHL this year.

this list is pretty good, more so Because you got Irving in their :yo:

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
In no order,

Jacob Markstrom
Anders Lindback
Robin Lehner
Jake Allen
Jhonas Enroth
Matt Hackett
Leland Irving
Mark Visentin
Alex Stalock
Kevin Poulin

this list is pretty good, more so Because you got Irving in their :yo:

this is a terrible list because he doesn't have Campbell in there!

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Ben Scrivens is one to keep an eye on, especially if Gustavsson and or (god forbid) Reimer struggles. He isn't top 10 but he's definitely on the rise.

madpooh

May 30, 2007
Not sure I agree with the list completely

Long term- Riku Helenius #74 (who couldn't make it in the AHL, and is a backup in the SEL) is better than Hellberg #86, Josh Gibson #90, McCollum #92, and C. Gibson #93.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not sure I agree with the list completely

Long term- Riku Helenius #74 (who couldn't make it in the AHL, and is a backup in the SEL) is better than Hellberg #86, Josh Gibson #90, McCollum #92, and C. Gibson #93.

That's how Justin does it. A prospect new on the scene has to work his way up the chart. Last year he had Pickard in like the 70's, now he's in the top 30 or something.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I know from a Canes perspective Murphy is rising fast and after the 2013 season he has a good shot at being the backup. Frederik Andersen is going to be a good one to watch next year in the SEL. He reportedly dominated in the Danish league and has looked good in World Championship play the last 2 years.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Anders Nilsson at 64? After being top 3 in SEL Last year? He was Voted #5 Prospect in the system on the Islander Boards a couple weeks back

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Here's my top 10. Not including, Bernier or Reimer.
1. Jacob Markstrom
2. Jack Campbell
3. Robin Lehner
4. Braden Holtby
5. Andres Lindback
6. Calvin Pickard
7. Alex Stalock
8. Dustin Tokarski
9. Jack Allen
10. Richard Bachman

HM
Mike Murphy
Alex Salak
Joni Ortio

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
Jake Allen
Jack Campbell
Jacob Markstrom
Robin Lehner
Mark Visentin
Braden Holtby
John Gibson
Calvin Pickard
Kevin Poulin
Christopher Gibson

In no particular order

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
He's a good goalie prospect, but not top 10, this was his 1st year of pro hockey and he played in the echl. No matter how good he played in the ahl, one year just isn't good enough to be top 10. Also he's friggin old:laugh:

He's aging well like a good wine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad