GDT: 10/8/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Nashville Predators - 7:00 PM - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
My personal feelings about the Clune hit on Harding would be it was a penalty but if Hornqvist is called for embelishment then Harding should have been called for the same. If you watch the replay closely you will see that Harding puts his glove hand out and stears Clune to his left a bit and their skates touch. Harding went down like he was hit by a mack truck. The contact was minimal but I agree that it should be a penalty because Clune could have done a little more to be out of the way. Solid acting job by Harding though. There is no way he is even slightly hurt by that contact.

Looking forward to our next match-up with the Wild. They are always good games to watch.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
My personal feelings about the Clune hit on Harding would be it was a penalty but if Hornqvist is called for embelishment then Harding should have been called for the same. If you watch the replay closely you will see that Harding puts his glove hand out and stears Clune to his left a bit and their skates touch. Harding went down like he was hit by a mack truck. The contact was minimal but I agree that it should be a penalty because Clune could have done a little more to be out of the way. Solid acting job by Harding though. There is no way he is even slightly hurt by that contact.

Looking forward to our next match-up with the Wild. They are always good games to watch.

Not so sure you'd be seeing it that way if Cooke did the same thing to Rinne.

THEALLKNOWING*

I wish Trotz were the Wild's coach. He gets an awful lot out of the players he has been given over the years.

OpRedDawn*

Not sure what it is with the wild / vikes / twins where they think that coaching is a place to go cheap on.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Can we clone Parise?

If they're not going to blow the lines up, I'd put Fontaine on the third line RW and Mitchell on the fourth line RW.

Nino - Granlund - Fontaine would be interesting. Pominville needs a body guard or something.
I want Nino on the top line. I think with his size and finesse him and Parise can do some serious damage around the net.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
There is nothing wrong with being a garbage goal scorer. In fact its great. But it also requires a lot of effort being done by others, to get the goal. People complain about Mikko all the time, yet two of Parise's goals this year were great passes by Koivu.

Some posts on here make Parise sound like he's a Stamkos or Ovechkin. He's not.
Before Koivu or anyone else gets the puck to make a pass Parise has already done a **** ton of work to get the puck to Koivu or whoever is going to make the pass back to him.

Seriously, you are sounding just plain silly trying to imply that Parise just stands there and gets goals without putting forth effort or working for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad