GDT: 10/8/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Nashville Predators - 7:00 PM - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEALLKNOWING*

Same as Dino Ciccarelli and he's a HOFer.

There is nothing wrong with being a garbage goal scorer. In fact its great. But it also requires a lot of effort being done by others, to get the goal. People complain about Mikko all the time, yet two of Parise's goals this year were great passes by Koivu.

Some posts on here make Parise sound like he's a Stamkos or Ovechkin. He's not.

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
A part of me (a very big part of me, actually) wants to see Granny and Parise in the same line. Somehow that sounds like a great match.

It's too bad Coyle went out, I wouldn't mind seeing a Parise-Koivu-Granlund, with a 2nd line of Nino-Coyle-Pominville. That would be interesting.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So because he isn't doing all the work, it isn't as good as an Ovechkin goal or Stamkos goal? Please. No one is making him sound like those two, but we are praising his work ethic, which is what gets him in position to score those goals, but I guess that means nothing.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
My take on this game. I am going to be brutally honest with this so watch out.

This team is a bunch of *******. When Backstrom was hurt it's one thing to let it go, because it was accidental contact. It's another thing to let it go when Harding got hit. When **** like that happens you don't ask questions you just jump the Clown who did it. It is unacceptable that Clown wasn't pounded down to the ground for what happened. WTF would have happened if Harding would have been hurt? Who would have gone in? In a situation like that there has to be a beatdown without any excuse. If the players can't stand up for each other there is something wrong with the team. If these guys don't toughen up they won't be able to compete against central division teams at all.

The refs were awful. The game was decided by a penalty shot that should have never happened. You have to be in clean and there is no way Nystrom was in clean on a breakaway. If you want to nit pick Koivu was very upset about a soft call that put the Wild down 5 on 3 for the 2nd goal, but whatever (Yeo mentioned this in the presser). There were some other garbage calls benefiting the home team later in the game, but the penalty shot is the big one because it was the game winning goal.

Backstrom did not look that good tonight before he got hurt. He moves laterally like a 50 year old man. Harding IMO did all he could and made some good saves. Hopefully Backstrom is not hurt seriously, but it sounds like one of those dreaded lower body injuries again. :shakehead

The defense did not look good. The talent looks like it's there, but it hasn't gelled yet. Even Suter and Brodin don't look that good yet. Ballard looked like crap, I don't think anyone would disagree with that assessment and I won't say anything more about it. The defense should come around somewhat, but they need to be better and more physical.

Yeo looks like he is very frustrated with the team right now, not for lack of effort, but for lack of victories. I'm kind of disappointed, this looks like a team that hasn't worked the kinks out yet and can't roll their system the way they want to. This should have been taken care of during training camp IMO. I think if this team keeps losing like this he's gone after about 1/4 to 1/2 of the season. I think he's a decent coach, but he has to start seeing results with the players that are on this roster.

Anyway, welcome to the bottom of the central division everyone. :shakehead

You dominated one period (2nd) and that was because Nashville played safe and conservative with a two goal lead. Not sure what game you were watching but the Wild did not dominate.

Bad calls are part of the game. overcome them. You should see the calls against the Preds nightly.

Harding clearly left the blue ice in an attempt to make contact with Clune. Explain what business Harding had playing the puck other than to attempt to get a call?
They did jump on Clune after it happened. Clune busted dude in the face about 3 times and your guy settled down anr eventually both were held back.

It was a fun game to be at. {Mod Edit}

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You dominated one period (2nd) and that was because Nashville played safe and conservative with a two goal lead. Not sure what game you were watching but the Wild did not dominate.

Bad calls are part of the game. overcome them. You should see the calls against the Preds nightly.

Harding clearly left the blue ice in an attempt to make contact with Clune. Explain what business Harding had playing the puck other than to attempt to get a call?
They did jump on Clune after it happened. Clune busted dude in the face about 3 times and your guy settled down anr eventually both were held back.

It was a fun game to be at. {Mod Edit}

Cheers!

You mean other than a goalie going behind the net to stop the puck for his defensemen like every other goalie does? I don't know, he's clearly out of his mind.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
You mean other than a goalie going behind the net to stop the puck for his defensemen like every other goalie does? I don't know, he's clearly out of his mind.

Sure when they have time and it's a smart move. When a forward is screaming down just feet away is not the best or smart thing to do. He was looking for contact and he got it. No way Clune could stop from making contact with him. It is what it is though. Lucky Harding wasn't hurt doing it.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Sure when they have time and it's a smart move. When a forward is screaming down just feet away is not the best or smart thing to do. He was looking for contact and he got it. No way Clune could stop from making contact with him. It is what it is though. Lucky Harding wasn't hurt doing it.

Yeah, it's really difficult to move 2 feet to his left while skating. Or stop.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
{Mod Edit}

The fact that you said that you weren't dominated is just laughable.

The goalie interference wasn't Harding's fault at all, your announcers are maybe the only people in the world who think otherwise.

I'll give credit where it's due though. You have an awesome goalie and a good defense.

Your post just was pretty stupid. You won, congratulations, but no need to act like an ******* about it. Like I said.. Take off your homer glasses and go back to Preds board.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
The fact that you said that you weren't dominated is just laughable.

The goalie interference wasn't Harding's fault at all, your announcers are maybe the only people in the world who think otherwise.

I'll give credit where it's due though. You have an awesome goalie and a good defense.

Your post just was pretty stupid considering you came to post it in the Wild GDT thread.

I didn't mean any harm just reading and saw some questionable comments. Thought i would shed some light from a person who waa actually at the game in the lower bowl.

You can think what you want but the Wild did not dominate anything but the 2nd period. The Preds are well known for sitting back and playing conservative after a lead and that is exactly what happened. Just because you have more shots than the other team does mean you're going to win or that you dominated.

As for the Harding play i watched it in person and about 5 times on the jumbotron. Harding was trying to be a Mike Smith. Like i said you guys are lucky he wasn't hurt.

You guys are tenacious on the forecheck and awesome at breaking out. You guys will get in the W column soon.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
Yeah because players have super human powers while trying to play the puck behind the net. Superman......STOP.....

Ok, I really don't care to get into this because both sides are going to see things with their own teams best interest in mind, aka homer glasses but Harding did not actively try to cause a penalty. He was playing the puck. Forwards know better than to clip the goalie. I'm not going to go back thru footage to find it but shortly after Rinne was out from the net & I can't even remember what Wild skater it was but he actively & at the last minute twisted is whole body to not hit Rinne. My point is, the Nashville forward is not blameless so please don't try to make it sound that way.

But again, it doesn't matter, you won. We're a frustrated fan base right now & the point is that you came over to our GDT & picked one venting fans post to respond to & stir up controversy. Just because he's a Wild fan doesn't mean we all agree 100% with what he said. Basically we just know are team is better than our results so far & expect better so we'll be frustrated until we see it.

Congrats on the Win, our 2 teams have always played each other well. It's a long season still ahead of us & we look forward to the next match-up.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
New top 2 lines today at practice. Like the look of them as it hopefully gets the second line going a little bit.

Parise-Koivu-Nino
Heatley-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Vielleux-Konopka-Mitchell

Also new D pairings
Suter-Brodin
Ballard-Spurgeon
Stoner-Dumba

Scandella out

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I didn't mean any harm just reading and saw some questionable comments. Thought i would shed some light from a person who waa actually at the game in the lower bowl.

You can think what you want but the Wild did not dominate anything but the 2nd period. The Preds are well known for sitting back and playing conservative after a lead and that is exactly what happened. Just because you have more shots than the other team does mean you're going to win or that you dominated.

As for the Harding play i watched it in person and about 5 times on the jumbotron. Harding was trying to be a Mike Smith. Like i said you guys are lucky he wasn't hurt.

You guys are tenacious on the forecheck and awesome at breaking out. You guys will get in the W column soon.

You posted while I was posting, thanks for this for the most part. Like I said, we just have a frustrated fan base right now and so many people are a little on edge.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I thought the call was fine. Harding was kind of in net and it was clear he was trying to force Clune to go around, but the guy didn't. It's still a penalty. Clune and Stoner (?) drop the gloves and that's five each. Wild two minute PP.

GoldMedal10*

I wasn't watching the game very closely because I was studying but Zucker was completely invisible. Overall it's been a very frustrating season so far.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Fair enough. Just sounded like you were here to brag about you winning.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I will never think that Harding would do something like that. Fact is, Clune hit Harding and he would have been able to avoid hitting Harding. Saying otherwise just doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyways, lets just agree to disagree. Here's to a good rivalry ;)

Last edited:

GoldMedal10*

Oh and that penalty shot was ********. Nystrom never had a clean scoring chance, he was off balance the whole time. Plus he fell over on his own.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
No i definitely wasn't coming into the board to brag. I didn't mean to come across that way. Things look a lot different on t.v. than they do in person. No way Clune who was after the puck could have avoided some type of contact with Harding. In full speed it was obvious. It was odd the ref just threw his arm up but never blew the whistle and let the play continue until Clune scored then it was a penalty.

Being a Nashville fan you come to accept good and bad penalties. It went both ways lastnight.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think the penalty is called on goalie interference only if there's a goal scored. Not sure though, just a hunch.

OpRedDawn*

I thought the call was fine. Harding was kind of in net and it was clear he was trying to force Clune to go around, but the guy didn't. It's still a penalty. Clune and Stoner (?) drop the gloves and that's five each. Wild two minute PP.

Then klune throws a few punches when stoner is tied up by another pred. I liked that a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad