GDT: 10/8/2013 - Minnesota Wild vs Nashville Predators - 7:00 PM - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think we should keep these lines for now to improve chemistry. If things don't work out in the next few games, then feel free to juggle the lines.

I'd roll Harding-Kuemper while Bäcks is gone. I feel like both of them are a bit underrated, even by us Wild fans.

As for the game, I liked Koivu, Scandella, Stoner, Granlund, Brodziak, Konopka, Nino, Parise and Spurgeon in last game. I'm not worried at all, but I do hope Yeo spends some time working on PK. It didn't look good at all.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'd roll Harding-Kuemper while Bäcks is gone. I feel like both of them are a bit underrated, even by us Wild fans.

As long as Harding is feeling well enough to do this, I might actually warm up to this idea. I've always liked the idea of rolling with goalie tandems and I'd like to see how Kuemper reacts to getting that nod.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Can someone please help me out with something... :help:

Did Ryan Suter do anything particularly egregious to Nashville that I don't know about? Or did he just exercise his rights as a free agent to sign somewhere else? I get that booing a guy doesn't really do anything but it just makes me kind of sad for this fan base.

Preds fan here to answer.. and if this was a rhetorical question then please have your mods delete..

But yes, Suter led everyone, including, apparently David Poile, to believe that if the Preds would pay him what he wanted and show that they were committed to winning by bringing in good players and keeping Rinne and Weber, that he would stay

Poile signed Rinne long term, and offered to match both Suter and Parise's deals, and obviously was willing to do whatever it took to sign Weber, and yet he still left, and gave the appearance, afterwards, that he never actually considered staying because of his wife... so Preds fans feel that he cheated us out of at least being able to trade his rights before July 1 to get something for him.

Is it fair? probably not, but thats a fan base for you... I suspect long time Ducks fans felt the same about Kariya

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Preds fan here to answer.. and if this was a rhetorical question then please have your mods delete..

But yes, Suter led everyone, including, apparently David Poile, to believe that if the Preds would pay him what he wanted and show that they were committed to winning by bringing in good players and keeping Rinne and Weber, that he would stay

Poile signed Rinne long term, and offered to match both Suter and Parise's deals, and obviously was willing to do whatever it took to sign Weber, and yet he still left, and gave the appearance, afterwards, that he never actually considered staying because of his wife... so Preds fans feel that he cheated us out of at least being able to trade his rights before July 1 to get something for him.

Is it fair? probably not, but thats a fan base for you... I suspect long time Ducks fans felt the same about Kariya

Just out of curiosity, are you guys sour at all on Weber for signing an offer sheet in Philly last year?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just out of curiosity, are you guys sour at all on Weber for signing an offer sheet in Philly last year?

Most of us understood that he was doing this to maximize his compensation, not necessarily that he wanted to leave. If he had told Poile he wanted out, poile would have traded him. However, we were pissed that he would say he wanted us to get more good players on one hand while financially hamstringing the team on the other.

but his actions on and off the ice since then have shown that he's glad to be here and so things are mostly back to normal with him.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I really like the way Koivu and Parise have played together, especially last night. Thus far I really haven't been too impressed with Scandella's play. I would think if he doesn't turn it around soon he could be moved. I also would suggest moving Pomminville to the second line while Coyle is out in order to give some balance. Heatley has been awful so far and Pomms might be able to spark that second line and Parise-Koivu might spark heater.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Niederrieter/Zucker-Granlund-Pomminville
Cooke-Brodziak-Niederrieter/Zucker
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

Rupp

On defense I think they need to break up Sprugeon-Scandella. Scandella looks nervous to make a mistake and having Ballard behind him might help him ease up a bit and play his game.

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Ballard
Spurgeon-Stoner/Dumba

Last edited:

Puckschmuck*

Hey Wild Fans,

Just curious to see if there is a Wild/Jets pregame discussion thread, or do you do those around here?

Thanks!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I really like the way Koivu and Parise have played together, especially last night. Thus far I really haven't been too impressed with Scandella's play. I would think if he doesn't turn it around soon he could be moved. I also would suggest moving Pomminville to the second line while Coyle is out in order to give some balance. Heatley has been awful so far and Pomms might be able to spark that second line and Parise-Koivu might spark heater.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Niederrieter/Zucker-Granlund-Pomminville
Cooke-Brodziak-Niederrieter/Zucker
Fontaine-Konopka-Rupp

On defense I think they need to break up Sprugeon-Scandella. Scandella looks nervous to make a mistake and having Ballard behind him might help him ease up a bit and play his game.

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Ballard
Spurgeon-Stoner/Dumba

Mitchell?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Most of us understood that he was doing this to maximize his compensation, not necessarily that he wanted to leave. If he had told Poile he wanted out, poile would have traded him. However, we were pissed that he would say he wanted us to get more good players on one hand while financially hamstringing the team on the other.

but his actions on and off the ice since then have shown that he's glad to be here and so things are mostly back to normal with him.

Kind of seems like a "glass half full" perspective, but it makes sense. I'd probably be reacting the same way.

I guess as far as Suter goes, I get it, but this kind of thing happens to every team at some point. Gaborik was saying similar things back in 2009 before he bolted to New York for a huge payday (and his wife/girlfriend wasn't even from NY ;)). We booed him too the next time he came to town but I think we're all pretty much over it.

At least you guys have somewhat of a reason to give him grief. He gets booed the same way in Detroit but that's for having the nerve to pass on their UFA offer that summer.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I like that Suter is getting this treatment. Adds more energy to games. And he's a good player - if he sucked, no one would care. Better to be hated than ignored. The Wild have been in the don't-give-a-**** category with the rest of the leagues fan bases for too long.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Brief thoughts:

- Parise is the engine on the top line. Pominville has flashes of good play and flashes of nothing. He misses the net way too much. Koivu looked better.

- Granlund looks better again, but still not a dynamic guy. He needs to keep moving his feet. Move move move. Nino had some really good moments out there. Heatley needs to sit.

- Third line looked okay, not as good as before, Cooke is still impressive to me.

- Fourth line was fine, Fontaine looks like he's more comfortable out there and made some plays.

- Brodin is making some mistakes that are out of character for him...Suter looked great.

- Ballard made some real dumb ass plays out there. Fumble the puck at the blue line and then help Nystrom injure Backstrom...he had a giveaway where he basically passed to the Preds forward in the slot for a one timer. Awful stuff. He had a couple nice plays too but needs to fix the mistakes.

- Scandella and Stoner looked okay, a little lost. Spurgeon's clearly the third best defenseman on this roster now.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Brief thoughts:

- Parise is the engine on the top line. Pominville has flashes of good play and flashes of nothing. He misses the net way too much. Koivu looked better.

- Granlund looks better again, but still not a dynamic guy. He needs to keep moving his feet. Move move move. Nino had some really good moments out there. Heatley needs to sit.

- Third line looked okay, not as good as before, Cooke is still impressive to me.

- Fourth line was fine, Fontaine looks like he's more comfortable out there and made some plays.

- Brodin is making some mistakes that are out of character for him...Suter looked great.

- Ballard made some real dumb ass plays out there. Fumble the puck at the blue line and then help Nystrom injure Backstrom...he had a giveaway where he basically passed to the Preds forward in the slot for a one timer. Awful stuff. He had a couple nice plays too but needs to fix the mistakes.

- Scandella and Stoner looked okay, a little lost. Spurgeon's clearly the third best defenseman on this roster now.

You are pretty spot on my friend.

Honestly, if my voice actually mattered:

Parise-Koivu-Pomer
Nino-Granlund-Zucker
Cooke-Brodziak-Mitchell
Fontaine-Konopka-Heater

Suter-Brodin
Ballard-Dumba
Spurgeon-Stoner

Harding
DK

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Can we clone Parise?

If they're not going to blow the lines up, I'd put Fontaine on the third line RW and Mitchell on the fourth line RW.

Nino - Granlund - Fontaine would be interesting. Pominville needs a body guard or something.

THEALLKNOWING*

Can we clone Parise?

If they're not going to blow the lines up, I'd put Fontaine on the third line RW and Mitchell on the fourth line RW.

Nino - Granlund - Fontaine would be interesting. Pominville needs a body guard or something.

Gee, now I know why you always warn me, you are the Parise fan-club president. BTW, Parise only does anything within about 1-2 feet from in front of the net. Garbage goal-scorer.

THEALLKNOWING*

If the Wild lose against the Jets, Yeo should go. Why? Since April 1 of last year, the Wild's record is 1 win, 8 losses at home. That is not acceptable.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Gee, now I know why you always warn me, you are the Parise fan-club president. BTW, Parise only does anything within about 1-2 feet from in front of the net. Garbage goal-scorer.

He's also a tenacious worker on both ends of the ice, doesn't take a shift off, forechecks like a mofo. Only person on that 1st line with any speed.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
A part of me (a very big part of me, actually) wants to see Granny and Parise in the same line. Somehow that sounds like a great match.

Billy Mays Here*

Oh boy, yet another Debbie downer. Welcome to my block list, hope you enjoy your stay.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Same as Dino Ciccarelli and he's a HOFer.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
When did garbage goals start meaning less than other goals? As long as the puck is in the net, who gives a crap how it got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad