GDT: 10/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
What an unbelievable penalty kill. Holy crap. I don't think the Blackhawks got a single shot on net or even got a shot attempt off. Wow.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Refs don’t wanna give the Leafs too many power plays. You can already see it in the last 2 games.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, and then the response to that is usually full of sarcasm and hyperbole, which Leaf fans take as "hate," and then it just spins out of control with one side trying to find numbers to prove Matthews IS OBVIOUSLY better than Gretzky, and the other side claiming he's a fringe NHLer on a hot streak.
Stupid breeds stupid.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Boy, I'm kind of impressed with the Leafs penalty kill. It's been super aggressive, and yet very disruptive and controlled.

Hawks have the worst PP in the league already. Hell, our special teams have sucked for quite a bit now under Quenneville (either PP or PK or both).

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
In theory, a player like Marner and Tavares should work magic together. And in practice, it's really starting to shine now. They've been doing some really incredible things on the ice in the last couple of games.

Matthews couldn't corral that bouncing puck. Almost scored his second of the game.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Wow, Gardiner. You actually waited so long, it looked like you were trying to give it to the Chicago player.

Reactions: hockeeyyy

Mar 26, 2010
So he's better than McDavid? Got it.

Not surprised you'd think that
1 player team bud. Enjoy missing the playoffs again.

And yes, Matthews will score more goals then McDavid in a full healthy season.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
8 periods, 8 goals.

leafs arent gonna have any trouble scoring goals

Babcock needs to optimize the D pairings to make sure goals don't end up in our zone at the same rate though.

No idea how Hainsey is playing with Rielly this year. Anyone else would be better.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Leafa could always score goals. It blows my mind how Dubas thought adding another scorer like Tavares was smarter than addressing a team weakness (which every Leafs manager seems to overlook).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hawks have the worst PP in the league already. Hell, our special teams have sucked for quite a bit now under Quenneville (either PP or PK or both).
Is Keith still on PP1? There's no threat from the point on that PP - Keith has never been a good goalscorer. Just cover Kane and you're good.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
That second period is why I feel the Leafs defense is much better than people are giving them credit for. The forwards were much more controlled in their own end and providing outlets for the defensemen.

I didn't like the goal against Sparks in the second period, but I'm not too sure Dermott realized he was a bit out of position until Hayden got in front of the net. I don't feel like Dermott has been playing that poorly anyway.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs PK looks better than their defense.

That's because they're not focused on offence.

Their even strength issue is that the forwards are so overzealous to get attacking that they leave the defensive zone too early and leave the defencemen out to dry.

Reactions: hockeeyyy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad