GDT: 10/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Only because he's often rated as a combination of Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr.

yet on the flip side, leafs fans have to put up with the argument matthews isnt even a top 10 at his position

kid scores the most ES goals since entering the league, and helps turns the worst team in the league into a cup contender yet fans have to defend pretty much any ranking that has em up there with other elite players

Mar 26, 2010
:laugh: apparently I hit a nerve. Again, show me where I have said anything ridiculous about the Leafs. You've yet to prove anything.

Also, I guess you're one of the Leafs fans on here that thinks Matthews is much better than McDavid.
You don’t have a single player on your team that is in the same stratosphere as Matthews.

AINEFC

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
yet on the flip side, leafs fans have to put up with the argument matthews isnt even a top 10 at his position

kid scores the most ES goals since entering the league, and helps turns the worst team in the league into a cup contender yet fans have to defend pretty much any ranking that has em up there with other elite players

A cup contender? Easy there pal. They arent going anywhere with this goaltending and defense.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Two teams with a lot of skill on offense that don’t do the whole defense thing very well. Always makes for entertaining hockey.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I think most people consider him a top-tier center. Most of the hate he gets is more sarcasm as a response to people claiming he's, for instance, the most dangerous scorer in the league.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think most people consider him a top-tier center. Most of the hate he gets is more sarcasm as a response to people claiming he's, for instance, the most dangerous scorer in the league.

The “TOP” scorer.

In a league where Alexander Ovechkin just won his 7th Rocket Richard, and McDavid just put up his second 100-point season in a row to win his second Art Ross in a row.

He’s a great player, but some of it gets over the top.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The “TOP” scorer.

In a league where Alexander Ovechkin just won his 7th Rocket Richard, and McDavid just put up his second 100-point season in a row to win his second Art Ross in a row.

He’s a great player, but some of it gets over the top.

Yeah, and then the response to that is usually full of sarcasm and hyperbole, which Leaf fans take as "hate," and then it just spins out of control with one side trying to find numbers to prove Matthews IS OBVIOUSLY better than Gretzky, and the other side claiming he's a fringe NHLer on a hot streak.

Reactions: Sojourn

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Paying 3 mil to Cam Ward in 2018.. What were they thinking..
Canes fans told me he was only bad because of the Canes though.

Now here we are, different team, same pathetic, washed up goaltender.

They need to waive Cam Ward after Crawford gets back. I think Crawford/Forsberg is probably a better tandem than Crawford/Ward.

This is assuming Crawford hasn't dropped off after injury.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, and then the response to that is usually full of sarcasm and hyperbole, which Leaf fans take as "hate," and then it just spins out of control with one side trying to find numbers to prove Matthews IS OBVIOUSLY better than Gretzky, and the other side claiming he's a fringe NHLer on a hot streak.

There is a nice middle ground there, where he’s a pretty great young player, and we’ll see where he ends up fitting. I think he’ll be a fixture among the very best in the league. It’s just hard to narrow down exactly where just yet.

Reactions: DFC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad