GDT: 10/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
yeah and matthews was on the 2nd unit. now he is on the first unit.

goals/60 count too, and matthews dominates that because he scores his goals in 18 mins while others get 20+

you still didnt answer the question though. who is a more dangerous scorer 5 on 5?

The answer is McDavid.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I checked the replay -- he was elbowed in the head about five seconds before that goal. It should have been called.
So, elbowed, pushed a guy into a great position to screen Sparks, then doubled-down to make sure nobody was seeing that puck behind him. Got it.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Morgan Rielly quietly moves into a tie for 3rd in league scoring, tops among d-men

The Leafs have played 3 games while most of the league has played 2...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
18 minutes vs. 20+ can be a bit overstated. That's all.

yeah add in that matthews missed 20 games last year too. 18 mins/night in 62 games vs 20mins+/night in 82 games and AM34 is still 1st

looking at 525 extra mins or so. kinda significant no?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

goals/60 count too, and matthews dominates that because he scores his goals in 18 mins while others get 20+

you still didnt answer the question though. who is a more dangerous scorer 5 on 5?

If you need to add a number of conditions in order to make the player you are supporting the correct choice, then he’s probably not the correct choice.

There are many ways to show how dominant Matthews is without needing to stretch the goalposts in order to favour him against McDavid

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
If you need to add a number of conditions in order to make the player you are supporting the correct choice, then he’s probably not the correct choice.

There are many ways to show how dominant Matthews is without needing to stretch the goalposts in order to favour him against McDavid
Impressed, this.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
How was I supposed to know Toronto's defense was this bad? I have been told the opposite all summer long. Or is this just a normal defensive effort from the Leafs?

To be fair, it’s early in the season. Things will start to tighten up. A lot of teams can look sloppy defensively early on, and it gets cleaned up.

It’s too early to really draw conclusions.

Reactions: MoreMogilny

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

this wasnt a direct comparison with mcdavid

it was a comment to a guy who commented leafs fans are basically ridiculous to think matthews is the most dangerous scorer at ES despite the numbers backing it up

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'd say McDavid for sure. Probably Kucherov. Almost certainly Kane. There are a few.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
To be fair, it’s early in the season. Things will start to tighten up. A lot of teams can look sloppy defensively early on, and it gets cleaned up.

Yea. It's a known trend that scoring is much higher at the start of a season than at the end. Significantly too. I think by a full goal per game.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
this wasnt a direct comparison with mcdavid

it was a comment to a guy who commented leafs fans are basically ridiculous to think matthews is the most dangerous scorer at ES despite the numbers backing it up

The numbers don’t back it up, though.

I think you’re not recognizing that.

Matthews is an extremely effective ES scorer, but he’s not McDavid.

Reactions: Sojourn and Kismet

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa

It’s early. I’m still worried. Team defense needs a lot of work and it’s evident how weak Toronto is on the right side.

Reactions: Sojourn

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
To give some context to McDavid’s scoring last season, he averaged more than a point per game just in even strength points.

If you took Matthews pace in 62 games, Matthews would have had 83 points. McDavid finished with 84 even strength points.

Reactions: DFC and MoreMogilny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad