GDT: 10/6/19 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Luckily we can still wait for Point to come in and see if there's any major change in play. But man does this team look bad right now, unmotiveated or not playing at this level you don't deserve redemption for last year.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Luckily we can still wait for Point to come in and see if there's any major change in play. But man does this team look bad right now, unmotiveated or not playing at this level you don't deserve redemption for last year.
I'd like to see them have a players only meeting. Its been a while since the last one. Time will tell if they can figure it out.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I think another thing worth mentioning is apart from how meaningless these games seem, imagine the players and how they feel? Imagine getting trounced in four games last playoffs and your coach that led you into 6 straight playoffs losses is still behind the bench for another go at it. Then, imagine sucking the first three games and seeing the same shades of garbage and inability to adjust taking place already.

Cooper is not the coach for this team amymore. The quicker Brisebois realizes this is a business with regards to firing a friend, the better. If we stumble along around thanksgiving, he should be gone.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Can't get shots on goal. Can't play defense for shit. Star players not hustling.

This team can't correct the same shit that got them embarrassingly swept in the first round last season (which have been issues for multiple seasons to boot). I thought this crap might come to a head around mid-season. It's been 3 freaking games.

Get Cooper the hell out of this locker room already.

Or extend him 10 more years. Whatever.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think another thing worth mentioning is apart from how meaningless these games seem, imagine the players and how they feel? Imagine getting trounced in four games last playoffs and your coach that led you into 6 straight playoffs losses is still behind the bench for another go at it. Then, imagine sucking the first three games and seeing the same shades of garbage and inability to adjust taking place already.

Cooper is not the coach for this team amymore. The quicker Brisebois realizes this is a business with regards to firing a friend, the better. If we stumble along around thanksgiving, he should be gone.

Our management and Ownership are too Stubborn to flat out see this I don't get it!

In November give the Job to Jeff Halpren dude is pretty fresh out of the game I think the players would respect him. Or Todd Richards get cooper out of here already if this keeps going on.

Reactions: Kusic

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Okay, so on paper all is fine. A point on the road out of the 2nd game in two days isn't the worst. But if you dig deeper... 13 total SOG, just two in the final two periods. WTF is that?

I get it, it's a B2B, you're tired. But it's the freaking 3rd game in the season, fatigue shouldn't really be an excuse. Carolina was playing its second game in two days as well. What we see here is the same complacency and arrogance that was our downfall in last season's playoffs. If they continue like that, it wouldn't shock me of we were to repeat 2016-17 when we missed the playoffs by a hair (read: a single point) because the team didn't give a shit in an early game like this.

Kuch was hot garbage. And after the first period, most of the team wasn't much better either. I can't shake the feeling that Hedman is still hurting. He does not look good at all IMO. Cirelli trying to do to much. Keep it simple kid. We're not expecting you to become Point II.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

Well JBB better realize it sooner rather than later, because if he doesn't I'll be perfectly happy to see his ass booted out of town along with Cooper.

It's glaringly obvious Cooper has lost the team, which IMO happened after the Washington series.

Reactions: Todd1a and Kusic

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Thankfully I feel asleep during the 2nd period. By the sounds of it I done the right thing. Seems to be the same occurring issues that we have.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It's very obvious the team is not motivated and lost the hunger to win, at least, in regular season.

That needs to change, because I don't trust them to flip the switch in post season

Reactions: DMB06

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Let us not panic yet, alright? :)

Yes they obviously need to play better than lastt night, but we want them to be at their best in the playoffs, not in October.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Out of the '04 legends Marty is the only one with a propensity for coaching since he's been helping out Torts. He still has a ways to go to be seriously considered, though.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well JBB better realize it sooner rather than later, because if he doesn't I'll be perfectly happy to see his ass booted out of town along with Cooper.

It's glaringly obvious Cooper has lost the team, which IMO happened after the Washington series.

I’d be down for al Murray as the new GM !

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Meh... whatever. Played as bad as we can possibly play in those last 2 periods and still came out with a point. There just isnt any cohesion yet.. relax my brothers and sisters... it will come.. every little thing.. is gonna be alright..

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Meh... whatever. Played as bad as we can possibly play in those last 2 periods and still came out with a point. There just isnt any cohesion yet.. relax my brothers and sisters... it will come.. every little thing.. is gonna be alright..

Get Daryl Sutter off the farm to come coach this team I want a cup before the window is fully closed!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Okay, so on paper all is fine. A point on the road out of the 2nd game in two days isn't the worst. But if you dig deeper... 13 total SOG, just two in the final two periods. WTF is that?

I get it, it's a B2B, you're tired. But it's the freaking 3rd game in the season, fatigue shouldn't really be an excuse. Carolina was playing its second game in two days as well. What we see here is the same complacency and arrogance that was our downfall in last season's playoffs. If they continue like that, it wouldn't shock me of we were to repeat 2016-17 when we missed the playoffs by a hair (read: a single point) because the team didn't give a **** in an early game like this.

Kuch was hot garbage. And after the first period, most of the team wasn't much better either. I can't shake the feeling that Hedman is still hurting. He does not look good at all IMO. Cirelli trying to do to much. Keep it simple kid. We're not expecting you to become Point II.

Heddy is definitely not right. He was the Worst D man on the ice. (both teams)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think people need to calm down a bit. There is only a real problem if this play continues. Hell for all we know they could come back and win 10 straight.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I think people need to calm down a bit. There is only a real problem if this play continues. Hell for all we know they could come back and win 10 straight.

But it literally doesn't matter. They can win 20 straight. The issue is that this is still an issue. We're still seeing games like this. A bad game happens to everyone. I'm not oblivious to that, but our bad games are the same. Every. Time. It's the same problems. Every. Time.

The following from Stamkos sums it up about as well as it can be summed up:

- "We continue to be the free-wheeling team that thinks we can just come into games and win because we're skilled. I don't know how many times we can continue to do the same things... we saw the results in the playoffs and we keep falling into the same old bad habits."
- "It's not even the... we're doing it to ourselves, we turn the puck over, over and over and over..."
- "Unless we change things, it's going to be a really really really long year."
- "I don't wanna get too down, but it's just frustrating knowing the group that we have and we continue to keep doing the same things and expect different results."

"We saw the results in the playoffs"

We sure did, bucko.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
But it literally doesn't matter. They can win 20 straight. The issue is that this is still an issue. We're still seeing games like this. A bad game happens to everyone. I'm no oblivious to that, but our bad games are the same. Every. Time. It's the same problems. Every. Time.

The following from Stamkos sums it up about as well as it can be summed up:

"We saw the results in the playoffs"

We sure did, bucko.
I know, I want cooper gone to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad