GDT: 10/4: Bye Preseason! Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings 5:30PM ET NESN,NHLN,98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
I wonder if they will give Pasty the 9-game look-see, and also if that might be what's holding up the offer of a contract for Gagne.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Alright. Still thinking about the trade and what they might do, but I'd really like to see this to start the year;

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak/Eriksson/Smith
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith/Pastrnak
Spooner - Soderberg - Fraser/Pastrnak/Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Robins/Fraser

Give Pasta his 9 games...can even scratch him and just let him watch. Stay with team healthy as long as possible then leave and come back next year ready to rock

If they're going to do this bs with moving Boychuk and looking ahead then they need to give our youth that's ready to inject some speed into the gameplan...

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Spooner possesses the quickness and creativeness you are not used to seeing on this team. It may take awhile to readjust that old familiar channel, but stay tuned. Unless, of course, you want Campbell back in a hurry.

Grabovski too, with more snarl of course ...
Can't believe Grabovski would be much loved by the fans here and he is a A+ version of Spooner. So why all the love for Spooner?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Exhibit a why you give Soderberg finishers...the man has amazing skills.

That was a great pass to Bergeron. Soderberg will excel this year. It's hard to believe he is centering the third line.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Yeah, I see no issue with Spooner being on the third line. It's not the same make-up of a line that we used to have with Kelly-Peverley, where grit or better two-way play was basically required. Soderberg is one of the most creative players on the team, and he's be better off with more creative players around him.

That being said, Clode would never let this happen.

If he can find a creative AND reliable player, of course he will gladly let it happen.

daleand

Aug 2, 2005
Trail,BC
Why does Rask get a free ride? He's playing like he did in the playoffs last year, like crap. If we expect to have another great year we are going to need better goaltending than what he has provided his last games in the playoffs and how he played tonight.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Why does Rask get a free ride? He's playing like he did in the playoffs last year, like crap. If we expect to have another great year we are going to need better goaltending than what he has provided his last games in the playoffs and how he played tonight.

Yeah, I know, it's like these games don't count or something.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

:facepalm:

Our goaltending is the one issue we do not have to worry about right now

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

He didn't play at his best....in a preseason game....where the majority of the team wasn't playing so hot....

Please.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
I don't think Eriksson is the answer for the top line. I think they moved Boychuk to allow another trade to happen. I still think that Kelly or maybe Eriksson are going to be moved yet

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pastrnak has great hands but legs like Bambi. He needs to mature a bit.

He sure is fun to watch out there. I was talking to one of the guys who work for the B's and he REALLY likes Pastrnak. ...said " he is a good kid...a really good kid". He has some great moves and pays attention to the coaches.

Bergy...WOW ...:handclap:

Spooner has some nice moves.

Kelly needs to be more careful and stay out of the box. He earned those calls.

The coach was pissed off at the refs. He doesn't get that angry often.

Poor Smith...handed a tooth to Matty to hold on to for him.

I hope DK will be OK.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Because on the list of things to be concerned with goaltending is lower than whale ****.

A Healthy Kelly*

I don't think Eriksson is the answer for the top line. I think they moved Boychuk to allow another trade to happen. I still think that Kelly or maybe Eriksson are going to be moved yet

the thing that you "think" is the the thing that i hope. except, i like eriksson, and would like to give him another season here.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There was a lady who was celebrating her 100th birthday at the game.

She was cute. They showed her a couple of times.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Pasternak made a bad pass in the third I think and after the play went to the bench and chara talked to him for maybe 5 min. Nice to see Z taking to the kid

Any word on dk?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Amalie Benjamin @AmalieBenjamin
David Krejci had something "very, very minor," Claude Julien said. Will go on the trip.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Eriksson has to move his ****ing feet. Too often he's caught coasting and leaning. I know he's still defensively smart and reliable, but that makes me question the kind of shape he's in. He's 28 years old. The same as Bergeron, Krejci, Soderberg. Doesn't come close to resembling an athlete in his prime. Looks more like a cross between a mid-30's Glen Murray and PJ Axelsson.

Hamilton was great again. So smooth.

Bergeron, Marchand, Smith is the top line IMO. That trio will score 80+.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Alright. Still thinking about the trade and what they might do, but I'd really like to see this to start the year;

Lucic - Krejci - Pastrnak/Eriksson/Smith
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith/Pastrnak
Spooner - Soderberg - Fraser/Pastrnak/Eriksson
Paille - Kelly - Robins/Fraser

Give Pasta his 9 games...can even scratch him and just let him watch. Stay with team healthy as long as possible then leave and come back next year ready to rock

If they're going to do this bs with moving Boychuk and looking ahead then they need to give our youth that's ready to inject some speed into the gameplan...

Agreed. Either let the youth in or stop ****ing around Chia.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was at the game and watched a bit of the B's in 2 once I got home...Where was Jack Edwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad