GDT: 10/4: Bye Preseason! Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings 5:30PM ET NESN,NHLN,98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
He was injured against Chicago.

He hasn't played in almost a year. He has a lot of rust. He will get better but I would like to see him with Dougie again (I liked Seids and Dougie together) but who does Chara get to babysit?

He might not. Being in your 30s and off an ACL when you had already started declining isn't a recipe for a huge recovery.

Just so it's out there when someone says no one could have seen Seids not returning to form.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Lil bit...

Your line up is almost nailed on, though you know which guy I'm removing and with the way 44 is skating 43 needs to play with him or we're looking at 09 Carolina

Loved the way Pastrnak and Spooner played tonight. Watching Gagne and Campbell is gonna suck.

Will be funny if Chia goes against his stance on the D with the forwards. Seems willing to be patient back there...if he takes Spooner and Pastrnak out of the equation for Stone Clode by demoting them I'm gonna be pissed. As we saw last year, October hockey is useless.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
He might not. Being in your 30s and off an ACL when you had already started declining isn't a recipe for a huge recovery.

Just so it's out there when someone says no one could have seen Seids not returning to form.

Well two things are in Seids' favor when it comes to shaking the rust off:

1 how quickly he recovered from the surgery-he was ahead of schedule and had the Bruins made it he the ECF he was going to play.

2 his fitness commitment-he is a work horse and doesn't slack.

I think his age is what will catch up not so much the knee-well his age combined with how he plays.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm glad some people are seeing what I have so far. When it is NHL calibre players, Pastrnak has been better than Spooner. His play away from the puck and along the boards has been stronger and I also hope he gets his 9 games.

Spooner does not excel in these "grind out" type games. These are 70 percent of the games that are played in the regular season and like 90 percent of the games you play in the playoffs.

You need win battles along the boards or at least come out with the puck (50/50). Spooner will go back to Providence and unless he will ever embrace this part of the game and excel in it, will be playing next in europe. He would be a much better player in the bigger european ice

Pastrnak is "sneaky". He understands how to play in detail. Those little chip passes (were all perfect), along the boards he knows how to escape or clog your stick (vet moves) etc. He needs to get the monkey off his back and score that first goal though

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
17-46-88
63-37-18
51-34-21
20-23-64

33-27
44-54
47-86

40-72

That's my opening night lineup

Ps I know 43 will be in there.

I'd like to try:

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Spooner-Soderberg-Pastrnak
Paille-Kelly-Fraser
Robins

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Then, once everything settles down, I'm expecting:

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Fraser
Paille-Campbell-Robins
Not sure who to make the 13th forward

Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seidenberg
Krug-Miller
McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg

Pastrnak making the team full-time at 18 seems like a pipe dream. I just don't see the point in putting him up with Krejci. Julien would never allow it. We really need to try to force chemistry between Lucic/Krejci and Eriksson, because there really aren't any other realistic options.

I'd really like to see Miller take a top 4 spot and run with it, so I'd try him out there, but I'm expecting it to fall to Bart eventually. I still like Miller more than McQuaid though.

I don't believe Campbell is cooked like some do. I think Claude will settle in with the same make-up of a 4th line that he's had for ages.

As much as I'd love to see Spooner make it, I've seen this too many times to know what's coming.

I really like Fraser to take that final spot in the top 9.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Spooner does not excel in these "grind out" type games. These are 70 percent of the games that are played in the regular season and like 90 percent of the games you play in the playoffs.

You need win battles along the boards or at least come out with the puck (50/50). Spooner will go back to Providence and unless he will ever embrace this part of the game and excel in it, will be playing next in europe. He would be a much better player in the bigger european ice

Pastrnak is "sneaky". He understands how to play in detail. Those little chip passes (were all perfect), along the boards he knows how to escape or clog your stick (vet moves) etc. He needs to get the monkey off his back and score that first goal though

There was nothing about tonight's game that led me to believe Spooner isn't ready to play I these kinds of games on the wing. Literally did all of the things you're saying.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Like the guy a lot, but 21 with another pretty unimpressive night. Think those picks might be put to use sooner than later.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
There was nothing about tonight's game that led me to believe Spooner isn't ready to play I these kinds of games on the wing. Literally did all of the things you're saying.

Yeah thought Spooner played real well in these last 2 games, thought Pastrnak looked pretty overmatched at times.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Spooner does not excel in these "grind out" type games. These are 70 percent of the games that are played in the regular season and like 90 percent of the games you play in the playoffs. You need win battles along the boards or at least come out with the puck (50/50). Spooner will go back to Providence and unless he will ever embrace this part of the game and excel in it, will be playing next in europe. He would be a much better player in the bigger european ice. Pastrnak is "sneaky". He understands how to play in detail. Those little chip passes (were all perfect), along the boards he knows how to escape or clog your stick (vet moves) etc. He needs to get the monkey off his back and score that first goal though

Spooner possesses the quickness and creativeness you are not used to seeing on this team. It may take awhile to readjust that old familiar channel, but stay tuned. Unless, of course, you want Campbell back in a hurry.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I see no issue with Spooner being on the third line. It's not the same make-up of a line that we used to have with Kelly-Peverley, where grit or better two-way play was basically required. Soderberg is one of the most creative players on the team, and he's be better off with more creative players around him.

That being said, Clode would never let this happen.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Eriksson won't go to the 3rd line. We didn't trade a future superstar for the main piece to be only a decent 3rd liner. Chiarelli knows this. Me thinks he's going to go down with Eriksson on the 1st line.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Eriksson won't go to the 3rd line. We didn't trade a future superstar for the main piece to be only a decent 3rd liner. Chiarelli knows this. Me thinks he's going to go down with Eriksson on the 1st line.

At some point Julien simply may have to change it, but I still think he's going to get a very long look on that line. Seems more realistic than Julien going with an 18 year old or Fraser (there really are no other options than those 2).

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Would be mcQuaid or Miller prob...

MHN9pZ7.gif

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

how many quality scoring chances did Spooner produce tonight?

If he is not scoring and not really winning alot of battles along the boards, then what?

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
how many quality scoring chances did Spooner produce tonight?

If he is not scoring and not really winning alot of battles along the boards, then what?

Nice play along the boards to keep the PP goal chance alive.

Nice give and go with Pastrnak behind the net.

Found Bart wide open just outside the circle with a clear lane.

Off the top of my head.

And if course ...it was one flipping game.

He created and drew the penalty for our only two goals against the Habs...a playoff team in a grindy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad