GDT: 10/30 7:30 PM Game 9 - Bruins @ Florida Panthers - NESN, FOX-FLORIDA, WBZ-FM 98.5

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
In fairness, that's less than 5 minutes into the game. Boston doesn't look too different at that point these days.

What was the announced attendance?

I know Florida has stopped counting the bull**** tickets in their numbers so the attendance figures took a huge hit.

Honestly despite what their new ownership says I think they just want it as a reason to eventually move. That franchise needs to relocate.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

I know Florida has stopped counting the bull**** tickets in their numbers so the attendance figures took a huge hit.

Honestly despite what their new ownership says I think they just want it as a reason to eventually move. That franchise needs to relocate.

I will say any franchise that loses year after year after year does poorly in sales. Florida would do better if the team ever did alright. Tampa has really gotten into hockey but without winning teams and a real commitment from ownership that probably wouldn't have happened.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is a must win game,
playing against a potential playoff team in our own division who is missing their top2 players.

OutspokenMinority*

i expect a letdown tonight. i imagine the team was up late last night drinking and watching the patriots game and even though they will put forth a good effort, it's hard to play through a hangover and i think you'll see it in missed passes and sluggish skating. i would shorten the shifts if i was coach claude julien. i'd also have them drinking lots of gator aid throughout the day in order for to stay hydrated and with the things the plants crave.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
i expect a letdown tonight. i imagine the team was up late last night drinking and watching the patriots game and even though they will put forth a good effort, it's hard to play through a hangover and i think you'll see it in missed passes and sluggish skating. i would shorten the shifts if i was coach claude julien. i'd also have them drinking lots of gator aid throughout the day in order for to stay hydrated and with the things the plants crave.

I have a couple good friends played on arguably best Calder Cup winner in history.They were hammered drunk every nite on that playoff run .Bill MacDougall had 52 pts in 16 games.They lost 1 game entire run.Booze must of helped them haha :hhal:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
B"s Twitter:

Defense:

Chara—K. Miller
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—C. Miller

Is Clode not capable of simple logic? Why on earth would you put two of your most physical and slowest D together on one pair, and then arguably the two most mobile together on another?

I'm at a loss why he thinks this is a good idea.

Also, I know they are on a roll, but why not give Trotman a look on the 3rd pair with Morrow if Miller was just ailing?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
In fairness, that's less than 5 minutes into the game. Boston doesn't look too different at that point these days.

That's also our Club Lexus seating(right behind the benches) which usually doesn't draw much of a crowd.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

From what I recall reading before last season, Florida used to paper the house tremendously, which they stopped doing. There was apparently some resentment from actual ticket buyers that they were sitting next to people that paid either a fraction of what they paid, or nothing.

So in previous years you might have seen a fuller house, but many of those were discounted tickets or giveaways.

The new ownership was saying they were changing the local culture, and everyone in the building paid to get in the building. They also said they were committed to the area, but we know how that sometimes goes.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
The Panthers are about to agree on a deal that keeps them in Florida 100% the next 8 years, so they aren't moving

That's also our Club Lexus seating(right behind the benches) which usually doesn't draw much of a crowd.

True

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
My bad, I was just going by his W/L record.

Oh okay yea misread your post

Hopefully tuukka does what he has in the past....if he can give us a 2.00-2.30 GAA and a .923-.933 SV % which is his career highs and lows from Nov-April....we will make the playoffs

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Is this theory because you yourself were **** faced drunk when you wrote it?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
B"s Twitter:

Defense:

Chara—K. Miller
Krug—McQuaid
Morrow—C. Miller

Is Clode not capable of simple logic? Why on earth would you put two of your most physical and slowest D together on one pair, and then arguably the two most mobile together on another?

I'm at a loss why he thinks this is a good idea.

Also, I know they are on a roll, but why not give Trotman a look on the 3rd pair with Morrow if Miller was just ailing?

Don't think he's locked into these pairing.

Recall before the Islanders game half the board wanted the coach fired before they even played because of the practice lines & D pairings.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have a couple good friends played on arguably best Calder Cup winner in history.They were hammered drunk every nite on that playoff run .Bill MacDougall had 52 pts in 16 games.They lost 1 game entire run.Booze must of helped them haha :hhal:

Yeah, get the feeling night before games drinking isn't a big issue for NHL players.

Though there have been a few Bruins players in the past that seemed very shaky during Saturday matinees at home.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
12194642_10207175001626095_8426157998904182011_o.jpg

indy

Oct 18, 2015
When Rask plays with that chip on his shoulder he is great. When he plays fat and happy, he is below average.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Yes, I'm sure they were up late drinking and are going to be playing hungover :laugh:

Are you for real?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad