GDT: 10/30/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Sorry guys....but I've not understood one thing.

Witko is scratched tonight....but they'll play with Schenn.
Why? It seems a no-sense choice...

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Less grinders and more skill players seems to be the plan. Explains why Verhaeghe stays in the lineup while we also add Volkov. Stylistically and with Maroon out injured, Witko doesn't really fit with any of the remaining forwards except Paquette.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Experience I guess? Schenn has logged a lot more nhl games. Or maybe they don't him going back and forth between positions as he's still trying to learn forward

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
No Heddy or Cernak....

83206ae67da70662c246b9cca0b92d2da77cae199a14e8d23e102739d5192b2e.jpg

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Experience I guess? Schenn has logged a lot more nhl games. Or maybe they don't him going back and forth between positions as he's still trying to learn forward
Less grinders and more skill players seems to be the plan. Explains why Verhaeghe stays in the lineup while we also add Volkov. Witko doesn't really fit with any of the remaining forwards except Paquette.
Imho Schenn is not better than Witko. Probably the experience is the right answer. Btw I don't like this choice.
In this period, when it seems that everything is going into the bad directions, maybe the easiest things are the best.
(And for this reason, a line with TJ,Point and Kuch could be a valid idea...).

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We're all bracing ourselves for a monumental azz kicking that might finally spell Coach Hynes' doom.

So in that context, tonight might be a success for the Devils.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Maybe, but it's also plausible that Witkowski is day-to-day as well. Syracuse to NJ isn't that long of a trip (if that's where the Crunch are), so they could get a bit more call up happy.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Imho Schenn is not better than Witko. Probably the experience is the right answer. Btw I don't like this choice.
In this period, when it seems that everything is going into the bad directions, maybe the easiest things are the best.
(And for this reason, a line with TJ,Point and Kuch could be a valid idea...).
It could be that Witko is banged up too. That said, I prefer Schenn over Witko on defense. Doesn't hurt to see what Schenn has got left in the tank either.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Around this time of year and into November is when the flu bug really starts, so they may be dealing with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad