Pre-Game Talk: 10/3: Game 1: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals: 7:30 pm ET: NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM, WJFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
2017 18th overall pick Urho Vaakanainen makes the team while 2015 13th overall pick Jakub Zboril sits in Providence.
Win Some/Lose some ....
looking forward to the start of the real season. Will be nice to see U Vak get some playing time in to see exactly what we have in him.
Ultimately I think he'll earn a top 6 spot. The kid is composed,confident and can skate like the wind.

McAvoy Chara
Carlo Krug
Miller Vaak

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Especially when Zboril is 21? 22?

He wasn't the best pick and I whole hearted agree with you that the Bruins messed up not taking Barzal Conner Konecy etc ....

It could have been franchise defining!!!

But all thing considered in a normal draft year Zboril has progressed just fine. If he hasn't made the jump sometime next year (doesn't have to be out of training camp) and isn't a solid 2 way 16-18 mins a night defender within 3 years its a problem. But I still think Zboril will be just fine weather it's contributing for the Bruins or not is another story ....

You guys are being spoilt having 18/19/20 year olds jump into the line up and produce like they have if you expect that to define players as a bust. Yes the game has changed and kids are getting more opportunity to jump right away but others still need to develop.

Aren't you the clown that listed Wheeler as a guy that got away in another post? News flash - he was 23 before he came to the NHL and 26 before he did anything remotely good?

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
I get and agree with your point but iirc Barzal played a season in junior after being drafted so he would of had no bearing on us getting McAvoy or not.

His development with the Bruins organization could’ve been different. Just because he’s great now doesn’t mean it wouldn’t been the same person with the Bruins. I was big on Barzal, Konecny and Connor too. Doesn’t mean the development would be the same outcome.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Win Some/Lose some ....

Ultimately I think he'll earn a top 6 spot. The kid is composed,confident and can skate like the wind.

McAvoy Chara
Carlo Krug
Miller Vaak

That top 6 isn't mentioned often enough in the "best D in the league threads". 1 through 6, I think it's up there with any d core outside of SJ and Nashville. Should be another top end Corsi year for Boston.

Reactions: HustleB and TCB

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Disappointed Bjork is sitting. If you aren't going to play him, send him to Providence so he can shake the rust off and get top 6 playing time there.
They have until 4 to cut the roster so lets see what they announce soon

Reactions: eightspokedb

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
His development with the Bruins organization could’ve been different. Just because he’s great now doesn’t mean it wouldn’t been the same person with the Bruins. I was big on Barzal, Konecny and Connor too. Doesn’t mean the development would be the same outcome.

I disagree. The talent is there, regardless of which team he plays for. Barzal would be just as dynamic in Boston as he is in Brooklyn (and, man, he would have negated any worries about Boston's center depth).

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad