Pre-Game Talk: 10/3: Game 1: Boston Bruins @ Washington Capitals: 7:30 pm ET: NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 FM, WJFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
His development with the Bruins organization could’ve been different. Just because he’s great now doesn’t mean it wouldn’t been the same person with the Bruins. I was big on Barzal, Konecny and Connor too. Doesn’t mean the development would be the same outcome.
Stop being so rational! You know that's not allowed here! ;)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've heard he's garnered some interest from other NHL teams. Just trying to figure out if the Bruins are going to sign him before moving on one of them. Just what I've heard, and please note I do not have a source on this.

I read that an hour or so ago, he's ruled out Europe (could simply be a case of not wanting to move the family), and he's talking to some other NHL teams.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Considering he only played one preseason game with BOS...I have no problem with him getting ramped up and gaining confidence in Providence. Practices this week with BOS prior to meaningful games will not be as intense as the practices in Providence. Also, while I liked what I saw in his one preseason game, who is he going to bump here in Boston? Donato? So he gets benched too? All of these kids need reps. Putting Bjork in Providence means all these young guns are skating at high RPM rather than sitting in the press box.

Bjork is capable of being broken in on 4th like Marchand.

Reactions: Strafer

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Reminds me of a South Park episode where all people, places, and things are called Marklar. Just replace that word with Barzal and you have this forum:

"I went to the Barzal the other day to pick up some Barzals, and upon noticing Barzal, I couldn't Barzal believe what I saw! Barzal, Barzal, Barzizzle, Barzal!"

"Greetings, Barzal. I am Barzal... I come in Barzal."

Reactions: Max Powers

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If your season hinges on a high scoring fourth line, you have much bigger problems than who is on that fourth line. I think if all the kids in the top 9 (JDB, Heinen, Donato) can continue to improve, any scoring from our fourth line would be a bonus, not a necessity.

It's actually a very legitimate concern.
Too much of the goal scoring rests upon pastr and march
Will Berg have another great season?
How Will krejci do?
Will the youngsters improve?
Fact is we really don't know how bjork and Donato will be? Will Heinen be a consistent scorer ...was he in a slump last spring /playoffs?
How will Debrusk do ?
The offence doesn't have that fire
... A Seguin or a Tavares would have remedied that

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
"Greetings, Barzal. I am Barzal... I come in Barzal."

Reactions: Alicat and Grimey

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
How Will krejci do?
Fact is we really don't know how bjork and Donato will be? Will Heinen be a consistent scorer ...was he in a slump last spring /playoffs?
How will Debrusk do ?
All of your question marks have nothing to do with the 4th line. His point and yours are not mutually exclusive, but your questions don't have anything to do with, and don't do anything to mitigate his.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
How Will krejci do?
How will Debrusk do ?

Listen, I agree with all of your concerns, and certainly if those issues turn sour, this season is going to be rough. But the original poster wasn’t saying any of those things, it was how does the team expect to win playing guys like Accari, Wagner, Kuraly, etc. If your solution to a down year from Bergy, DK and the kids is “Lord Jesus help us, we need the 4th line to carry us to the playoffs!!!” Then your season is already cooked. The Bruins success or failure will be driven by the top 9, the maturation of the young players, health of the vets and goaltending. Not the 11th forward on the team getting 25 goals.....

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Listen, I agree with all of your concerns, and certainly if those issues turn sour, this season is going to be rough. But the original poster wasn’t saying any of those things, it was how does the team expect to win playing guys like Accari, Wagner, Kuraly, etc. If your solution to a down year from Bergy, DK and the kids is “Lord Jesus help us, we need the 4th line to carry us to the playoffs!!!” Then your season is already cooked. The Bruins success or failure will be driven by the top 9, the maturation of the young players, health of the vets and goaltending. Not the 11th forward on the team getting 25 goals.....

Ok..I see ..and I agree that it's not our fourth line that will determine our offensive success.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I hate that Kuraly is the 3C. He works hard but has no hands or vision.

Top two lines will need to score all the goals cause the bottom two shouldn’t get on the board too often...

This isn't fair to Kuraly at all.

Nash had 17 points in 81 games in 16-17.... noone was thrilled about him at 3C.... but he played great.

Kuraly had 14 in 75 and he skates a million times better. He should create opportunities with his speed alone. Playing with better linemates leads to more points. There is no way you can tell me you were way more confident in Heinen-Nash-Backes than Donato-Kuraly-Backes... if anything I think this years 3rd line could be better.

Reactions: FanSince72

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Bjork is capable of being broken in on 4th like Marchand.

Marchand got a year and a half in Providence. The guy didn’t get a full training camp either. Why rush him? Even if he could help the team in the short term...he fizzled by mid-season last year. It’s pretty obvious to me, he is a player you don’t rush.

dizzler

May 23, 2010
Finland
So... Yesterday i understood Vaakanainen would play PP but today i read somewhere that Grzelcyk is the one. Anyone have any ideas how it's gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad