GDT: 10/3/13 "The Hunt For Red October" - Panthers VS Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick*

I've been busy and haven't been able to keep up as I normally would, but I'm surprised that Thomas is expected to start game 1 instead of Markstrom? Is this true?

Edit: Never mind. It's actually confirmed that Thomas is starting tonight. Interesting.

Panthers607

2.30 for me, guess I'm lucky...

and lol that no one has Danger with the first goal :laugh:

Erick*

I could be wrong but Dallas, to me, is pretty much a one-line team. If we can shut down that top line, we'll have a good shot.

Problem is, it's a good top line. Benn is a stud. Seguin is a stud. Cole kills the Panthers. Although Cole isn't wearing a Carolina jersey this time so maybe it's different. Seriously though, I can't stand Erik Cole.

Editx2: I see they also have Ray Whitney who never gets old and then we have to beat Kari Lehtonen, as well. So I probably made it sound easier than it's actually going to be. Lol.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
It will just come down to being defensively responsible, and working hard. Dallas has a lot of talent between whitney, chaisson (did he make the team?), seguin, nichushkin, benn etc... won't be easy beating this team at all.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I was listening to the NHL channel on XM this morning on my way to work, and the hosts were talking about what games they're looking forward to see tonight. I was pretty shocked when one of them was genuinely excited to see us play tonight.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
I've been busy and haven't been able to keep up as I normally would, but I'm surprised that Thomas is expected to start game 1 instead of Markstrom? Is this true?

Edit: Never mind. It's actually confirmed that Thomas is starting tonight. Interesting.

I was kind of surprised by that too. I wonder if it will be a 50/50 split between them or if Marky Mark is the true back up and it will be a 2/1 split.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It will just come down to being defensively responsible, and working hard. Dallas has a lot of talent between whitney, chaisson (did he make the team?), seguin, nichushkin, benn etc... won't be easy beating this team at all.

Yeah, Chiasson made it, plus they have Eakin too. They have some good young forwards. They also have Peverley but he's injured. Dallas is good up front. They are a bit shaky on the backend though.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Benn is so good for the stars. With the addition of sequin as well, he could get his form rolling. I hope we play smart defense. We will need it. Gotta work tonight but I may see the 3rd period since it's a late start!

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I was kind of surprised by that too. I wonder if it will be a 50/50 split between them or if Marky Mark is the true back up and it will be a 2/1 split.

I think having Markstrom start as the backup takes the pressure off of him. Now he can go out and try to win the #1 spot outright. Smart move I think, because Markstrom plays better without pressure.

I would love to see a goalie swap for following game if they lose a game everytime out since both should be good for us this season. This will keep them performing if they know they won't get the next start if they lose. But if they keep winning they stay in net(excluding back to backs of course).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It's pretty simple, the goaltending situation will be determined by their play. Thomas is just starting game 1, that doesn't mean he'll start 60 games. The best goalie will play.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

KD said who plays better gets the job so I guess Thomas really impressed during camp.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
I think having Markstrom start as the backup takes the pressure off of him. Now he can go out and try to win the #1 spot outright. Smart move I think, because Markstrom plays better without pressure.

I would love to see a goalie swap for following game if they lose a game everytime out since both should be good for us this season. This will keep them performing if they know they won't get the next start if they lose. But if they keep winning they stay in net(excluding back to backs of course).

Sounds like a good plan. Thomas is brilliant too, so this may be the best thing to ever happen to Marky Mark.

Panthers607

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m
Guddy and Whitney. Kuli and Weaver Soup and Gilbert #flapanthers

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m
Guddy and Whitney. Kuli and Weaver Soup and Gilbert #flapanthers

Regardless of the way its organized or not organized this D is exponentially better than most of last years core. Especially if Guds has turned a corner which I think he has, could get a lot of offense production from everyone there except for weaver.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
refraining from judging that gudbranson-whitney pairing. We'll just see how it goes tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad