GDT: 10/3/13 "The Hunt For Red October" - Panthers VS Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'm puzzled as to why Barkov is 2nd line center and not 3rd? Aren't you guys putting a little much on the rookie, seems like a mis management of his career like Buffalo did with Grigorenko.

This is a risk although Barkov is very mature for his age. I´d prefer him starting in the 3rd line just like MacKinnon and later on in the season give him more responsability if he fits in.

Nevertheless, he just turned 18 so it´s not really fair to expect him to be an offensive dynamo, which is what a second line center should be at least to some extent. Hopefully it won´t slow down his development if things don´t work out.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Barkov isn't ready for the first line yet, he'll probably be playing on it soon enough though. Our other promising centers are still in the minors, so for this year, Goc and Matthias will get a lot of top two line minutes.

Btw Panthers Rock, did you make this thread title in honour of the now late Tom Clancy?

Amazing GDT. Well done and respect for title. RIP Tom Clancy.

As much of a shocker it is goc on the first line, I really think he will be the first goal scorer. It's always someone you least expect. I can see the first two lines playing well. I can also see us getting this game to OT and picking up at least a point. We will see.

The title references the passing of Tom Clancy and the Panthers Red October campaign.

johano90

Nov 27, 2006
South Florida
ibjjZa3yoYFCud.gif

I'm dying. Best gif ever. :laugh:

Go Cats Go! Stoked about tomorrow but a little worried what the clear demotion will do to Marky's psyche.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
So excited to see Barkov finally play! Want to see how he looks out there. Also, hoping for a good season from Huber as well.

AngryTreeFrog - where's the "Barkov Calder watch" thread??? Still waiting.....

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Kopecky nice name to be a first scorer of tomorrows game - his name translates from russian smhg like kopec- ..cked it up (isnt joke)

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
btw that last game we played against Dallas (from the 11-12 season) was the most solid Panthers game i've witnessed in a long time. as great as it was to win the SE division, after that game was the best i've felt as a Panthers fan in a loooooong time. that tic-tac-toe goal, and Flesichmans move with that far side wrister.. oh man!

LETS GO PANTHERS!!

Great memory. That was one of the high moments since 96/Bure days no doubt. That was a beautiful hockey game to watch.

Dada

May 12, 2012
Hi fellaz, pool talk here, I see that Boyes is playing with two young superstars, you guyz know if he's going to stick around the 2nd line for a while??

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
:handclap:kudos to PRock for commemorating the just-passed Tom Clancy in his GDT.

Not that I ever read any of his books :laugh:

No disaster prediction this year. It's too easy to forecast disaster. So instead I predict the Panthers crush Dallas and roll on to the Stanley Cup!! :sarcasm:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Gonna wake up @ 3:30 AM to watch this then go to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->