GDT: 10/3/13 "The Hunt For Red October" - Panthers VS Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
0528-fla20th_zps09e20ca2.png

Get ready as your Florida Panthers take on the Dallas Stars! Game time at 8:30pm EST live from American Airlines Center!

americanairlinescenter.jpg

Let The Hunt Begin

TV: Live on FSN Florida and Center Ice.
Radio: Listen Live on 560 WQAM

:panthers

VS

:stars

[fieldset=Standings]
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
0 |0 |0 | 0

Dallas:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
0|0|0| 0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Dallas:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Trevor Daley| 2013-09-30 |questionable for Thursday's game against Florida| neck surgery
Aaron Rome |2013-09-30 |questionable for Thursday's game against Florida| hip surgery
Rich Peverley| 2013-10-02| doubtful for Thursday's game against Florida| irregular heartbeat

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Kris Versteeg |2013-09-25| probable for Thursday's game against Dallas| right knee surgery
Steve Pinizzotto| 2013-09-25 |on injured reserve| hip
Ed Jovanovski| 2013-09-25 |on injured reserve| hip surgery
Nick Bjugstad| 2013-09-25 |on injured reserve| concussion
Scott Clemmensen| 2013-09-26 |out for Thursday's game against Dallas (waived) |knee surgery
Sean Bergenheim |2013-10-02| expected to miss 1-2 weeks| hip/abdominal surgery
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Dallas:
LW |C| RW
Jamie Benn |Tyler Seguin|Erik Cole
Ray Whitney|Cody Eakin| Alex Chiasson
Shawn Horcoff| Vernon Fiddler | Valeri Nichushkin
Antoine Rousssel | Chris Mueller| Ryan Garbutt

LD|RD
Alex Goligoski |Sergei Gonchar
Brenden Dillon| Stephane Robidas
Trevor Daley |Jordie Benn

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Tomas Fleischmann|Marcel Goc|Kris Versteeg
Jonathan Huberdeau|Aleksander Barkov|Brad Boyes
Jesse Winchester|Shawn Matthias|Tomas Kopecky
Scottie Upshall|Scott Gomez|Drew Shore

LD|RD
Tom Gilbert|Brian Campbell
Dmitry Kulikov|Mike Weaver
Ryan Whitney|Erik Gudbranson
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders]
Dallas:
2893.gif

Kari Lehtonen
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
0| 0| 0 |0 | 0.00| .000| 0

VS.

Florida:
1591.gif

Tim Thomas
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
0| 0 |0| 0| 0.0 | .000|0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Dallas:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
00.0%|N/A|00.0%|N/A

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
00.0%|N/A|00.0%|N/A
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Current Eastern Conference Standings]
eastern_conf_standings_zps87eb6ac3.png
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=News And Notes]
"I think there are a lot of guys here with a lot to prove,'' Whitney said. "I think we're going to be ready to play, ready to surprise some people. We play in a tough division but it's going to be up to us to be successful.''

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/#storylink=cpy
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Eye: The Former Panther Watch]
RayWhitneyDL.jpg

Ray Whitney, aka the Wizard, one of the better offensively gifted Panthers to ever wear the red sweater. Whitney formed the most potent offensive line the Panthers ever iced, along with center Viktor Kozlov and phenom Pavel Bure. The 1999-2000 season saw him selected to the All-Star game along with the first playoff berth since 1997. Near the end of his career, he still has some fire left in his game, the same kind he brought to his Stanley Cup championship with Carolina. A fire the Panthers are preparing to put out.​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot: Cat Of The Night]
img21664091.jpg

A new era begins tonight for the Panthers, the Tim Thomas era, something no one could have predicted. The 2-time Vezina trophy winner and Stanley Cup champion took the last season off (though to be fair, the NHL took half of it off anyway) but has decided to make his long awaited comeback...in Florida. While he may be older and having missed a year, there's no doubting Thomas' compete level and desire to win, let alone his ability to get it done. Can he and Markstrom help return the Panthers to a respected franchise? Only time and Tim will tell.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Stars

Last Game Played

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well done. First GDT of the season!!!! Small correction though: Kevin Connauton is not playing, it's Trevor Daley.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Hey guys, Stars fan here. I'm really curious about what you guys think of Goc being your first line center, this is totally blowing my mind and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hey guys, Stars fan here. I'm really curious about what you guys think of Goc being your first line center, this is totally blowing my mind and I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

Barkov isn't ready for the first line yet, he'll probably be playing on it soon enough though. Our other promising centers are still in the minors, so for this year, Goc and Matthias will get a lot of top two line minutes.

Btw Panthers Rock, did you make this thread title in honour of the now late Tom Clancy?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

he was it last year too

he's one of these centers who can play anywhere and still contribute

Rats96Yo

Oct 17, 2006
Coral Springs
Yessss! Can't wait to see how our new lines shake out and gel. Can't wait to see TT between the pipes. And it's almost here! Let's pick up the two points and kick this season off right!

LET'S GO PANTHERS!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
My pick for first goal of the season is my same pick for bounce-back player: Scottie Upshall.

This would be huge for us if he came to play every game with a full healthy season. We could really use his grit and ability to go to the net hard. I think he will start to climb up our lineup as we make our way into this season.

Excited for a fresh start this season. Would just love to surprise everyone with another trip to the playoffs again!

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
The day we have been waiting for is finally here!!!! Gameday, Season opener in Dallas! <3

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
My pick for first goal of the season is my same pick for bounce-back player: Scottie Upshall.

This would be huge for us if he came to play every game with a full healthy season. We could really use his grit and ability to go to the net hard. I think he will start to climb up our lineup as we make our way into this season.

Excited for a fresh start this season. Would just love to surprise everyone with another trip to the playoffs again!

Off topic but.. Do you know where I could find that newspaper article that you have as your avitar? I have searched and searched and cannot find it. I tried the Sunsentinel and Miami Herald but neither could help me.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Sabres fan coming in peace, trying to figure out my fantasy hockey roster. I'm trying to pair up linemates and I drafted Versteeg and Mattias in the later rounds hoping to get a line pairing out of them. However I see GoC as your first line center. Is this permanent? should I drop Mattias since he looks to be your 3rd line center.

I'm puzzled as to why Barkov is 2nd line center and not 3rd? Aren't you guys putting a little much on the rookie, seems like a mis management of his career like Buffalo did with Grigorenko.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Amazing GDT. Well done and respect for title. RIP Tom Clancy.

As much of a shocker it is goc on the first line, I really think he will be the first goal scorer. It's always someone you least expect. I can see the first two lines playing well. I can also see us getting this game to OT and picking up at least a point. We will see.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Amazing GDT. Well done and respect for title. RIP Tom Clancy.

As much of a shocker it is goc on the first line, I really think he will be the first goal scorer. It's always someone you least expect. I can see the first two lines playing well. I can also see us getting this game to OT and picking up at least a point. We will see.

I like Goc more on the first line than Matty. He still hasnt proven enough to be worth on that top line!! And he is way too inconsistent

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Sabres fan coming in peace, trying to figure out my fantasy hockey roster. I'm trying to pair up linemates and I drafted Versteeg and Mattias in the later rounds hoping to get a line pairing out of them. However I see GoC as your first line center. Is this permanent? should I drop Mattias since he looks to be your 3rd line center.

I'm puzzled as to why Barkov is 2nd line center and not 3rd? Aren't you guys putting a little much on the rookie, seems like a mis management of his career like Buffalo did with Grigorenko.

Dineen nor Tallon will set up a player for failure knowingly, in my opinion -- and they haven't so far, there's no reason to believe they will now. Barkov is where the team thinks he can be successful. Remember that Barkov has been playing against adults for years now and has done very well against them. He isn't coming out of the minors.

Great GDT PR. Love it.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
is anyone else not totally bummed we have to wait for two days after the season opens for a game. i really dont see why they couldnt have done 15 games on opening day. this just sucks. regardless, i paid for my center ice yesterday, so i am ready to rock n roll on thursday. so excited to watch barkov and see what weve got in him.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The key to this game is tying up Jamie Benn. We saw in preseason how if he has just enough time and space he might have the top 5 wristers in the game. Someone has to cover and watch him like a hawk.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
is anyone else not totally bummed we have to wait for two days after the season opens for a game. i really dont see why they couldnt have done 15 games on opening day. this just sucks. regardless, i paid for my center ice yesterday, so i am ready to rock n roll on thursday. so excited to watch barkov and see what weve got in him.

Remember when we made the playoffs...The NHL doesnt like us though Bettman found an owner who will keep them here.

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Call me crazy, but I really feel this is the start of the Panthers run to the Stanley Cup (not saying this year specifically). With the new owner, DT and KD, and Barkov, Hubs, Guds, and Marky Mark on the team, I finally feel like we have the framework to win a cup. I guess this whole thing really began when Sexy sold the whole team and DT came in and drafted like 15 kids in that first draft, but I still feel like this is the beginning of the rise to the top. Im excited.

Tooth Rez

Oct 24, 2009
West Palm Beach
btw that last game we played against Dallas (from the 11-12 season) was the most solid Panthers game i've witnessed in a long time. as great as it was to win the SE division, after that game was the best i've felt as a Panthers fan in a loooooong time. that tic-tac-toe goal, and Flesichmans move with that far side wrister.. oh man!

LETS GO PANTHERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad