GDT: 10/27/2014 - Minnesota @ New York (R) - 6PM CST - 1AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI [MOD #314]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I shut the game off when Haula got elbowed, because I knew the Wild would lose. They were up 2-0 about to go on a 5 minute PP. That's how predictable they are. I had so little faith in the team, and they proved me right. That's not good.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't think anyone is. This loss just magnifies the issues we all see with him. In a game when we needed someone to step up he didn't. That's not a big deal in a vacuum. But how many times have we had games like this where we look back and wonder where he was.

How many times does he not have to show up before we are allowed to be annoyed by it?
Dude, I've been on Koivu's butt all night tonight. I'm on your side.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
One thing I noticed in the first period. The Wild were not matching up well with NY at all. The Rags were sitting back and waiting for the Wild, clogging up the NZ and keeping them to the boards and forcing dump ins. The Wild did a really good job for a while moving the puck and keeping pressure on, but they would often get caught with a bad pass through the middle or getting too fancy, and the Rags would come back with a fast rush the other way. Wild have always struggled against that quick counterattack style.

That's why I thought it was absolutely essential for the team to score on the PP, because they were going to give up chances for the Rags. If they could hold it close and score 1-2 goals on the PP, they win.

They didn't. They were outscored 5v5 and did nothing on the PP.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
One thing I noticed in the first period. The Wild were not matching up well with NY at all. The Rags were sitting back and waiting for the Wild, clogging up the NZ and keeping them to the boards and forcing dump ins. The Wild did a really good job for a while moving the puck and keeping pressure on, but they would often get caught with a bad pass through the middle or getting too fancy, and the Rags would come back with a fast rush the other way. Wild have always struggled against that quick counterattack style.

That's why I thought it was absolutely essential for the team to score on the PP, because they were going to give up chances for the Rags. If they could hold it close and score 1-2 goals on the PP, they win.

I dont know if I agree here. We dominated the entire game save the last 15 minutes. The reason the PP is so aggravating to me is because tonight we actually needed it. The team fell apart, there is no doubt about it, but you have score at least one goal with the time we had. They are too separate issues though, as we should have EASILY won this game without it.

And it's a continuation from the LA and Anaheim games too. Even a poor PP should have netted us 2 goals; an amount that could mean 2 or 3 extra points.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

You lie! Only we do that! :sarcasm:

Kuemps didn't have a good night for sure, but I feel for the guy. He is the last person to string up tonight. He's given us 3 shutouts. He's made some big saves for us on nights when we repeatedly couldn't score with special teams. The one night he struggles, do you think our team could help him out? One goal....just one goal in HOW many minutes of PP time would have given us at least one point. But they failed massively. And the kid voluntarily dove on the sword after the game for it too. I've seen a comment from Suter and Brodin, but don't see any forwards (especially from the PP) admitting to their mistakes like Kemps just did. It's messed up.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Terrible defense and goaltending in the third. Theres lots of hatred for Koivu, but how about the poor effort by Suter on the last two goals? Just awful.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
One thing I don't understand about this team is that we never pump up the intensity when we are faced with adversity. Two of our players were the victims of cheap shots, but we continued with the game like nothing had happened. Play pissed off, pump up the intensity. You don't need to fight anyone, or retaliate, just play pissed off and play harder when stuff like this happens.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Terrible defense and goaltending in the third. Theres lots of hatred for Koivu, but how about the poor effort by Suter on the last two goals? Just awful.

Nothing you said is untrue. The difference is Suter has earned the right to have a bad game. He's been earning the right by carrying this defense on his back when it was young, and when its injured. There are far too many close games when Koivu is invisible, and it's getting really old. He needs to step up big time.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Ah, just deadline re-writes.

Same old from the team. They sound shocked. No anger about the cheap shots or coughing up the lead. Where's the fire?

Hopefully we see it tomorrow. This team has something to prove after a meltdown like that. Win tomorrow, get a PP goal for christ sake, and right the ship.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
You lie! Only we do that! :sarcasm:

Kuemps didn't have a good night for sure, but I feel for the guy. He is the last person to string up tonight. He's given us 3 shutouts. He's made some big saves for us on nights when we repeatedly couldn't score with special teams. The one night he struggles, do you think our team could help him out? One goal....just one goal in HOW many minutes of PP time would have given us at least one point. But they failed massively. And the kid voluntarily dove on the sword after the game for it too. I've seen a comment from Suter and Brodin, but don't see any forwards (especially from the PP) admitting to their mistakes like Kemps just did. It's messed up.

He let in 2 bad goals and gave away the turnover that led to another
so a good deal of criticism deserves to fall his way.So he had an off night hopefully he responds well and bounces back.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Not to beat a dead horse, but I would love to have heard what Parise had to say about the dirty hits. He's one of a small handful of dudes on the team that actually gets fired up.

Not completely sure if first hit was really dirty or just stupid and reckless,second hit was pretty dirty for sure.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Nothing you said is untrue. The difference is Suter has earned the right to have a bad game. He's been earning the right by carrying this defense on his back when it was young, and when its injured. There are far too many close games when Koivu is invisible, and it's getting really old. He needs to step up big time.

By saying that you're conveniently forgetting all the times Koivu has stepped up. But that's the nature of people.

I've said this before and will say it again: break up Vanek and Koivu, both will be better off.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
By saying that you're conveniently forgetting all the times Koivu has stepped up. But that's the nature of people.

I've said this before and will say it again: break up Vanek and Koivu, both will be better off.

It's not about what he has done in the past so much as what he has done in the past few weeks.His performance in previous seasons is no excuse for his performance this season.I agree shaking the lineup is probably the best course of action.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
It's not about what he has done in the past so much as what he has done in the past few weeks.His performance in previous seasons is no excuse for his performance this season.I agree shaking the lineup is probably the best course of action.

Considering the sample size, your reaction is exaggerated.

I don't like Vanek as a player at all, but he's being totally misused by Yeo and that's not on him. Put him with Pommer and Granlund for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad