GDT: 10/27/2014 - Minnesota @ New York (R) - 6PM CST - 1AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI [MOD #314]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

:wild vs :rangers
Storylines for the Game

628x471.jpg

The Wild are traditionally a low scoring team. Saturday night's game against the Lightning was an abnormality that probably will not be repeated for the rest of the season at least. The Wild scored 7 goals in one game, a Nyquist Explosion without the Nyquist if you will. Will this continue? Probably not. But it would be cool if it did.

nash2.jpg

That picture is just one of eight already this season, as Rick Nash is second in the league with eight(8!) goals so far. He is a goal scoring threat every time he is on the ice and the defensively sound Wild are going to have their hands full keeping him from the puck all night.

7498198.jpg

Historically, at least the last few years, the Wild are darn near unbeatable at home. Saturday night's thrashing of the Lightning was one of what will probably be many wins there this year. On the road, however, the Wild are historically quite a bit worse. Last year they were middle-of-the-pack away from the Xcel Energy Center and this year the Wild are 1-2-0. This needs to change if a long playoff run is going to be made.

henrik_lundqvist-1300x1022.jpg

This GDT is full of history lessons, because Henrik Lundqvist is one of the best goalies in the NHL the last few years. This season, however, he has been anything but. Posting career-low numbers (see below for exact figures), he needs to turn it around if the Rangers want to repeat the performance of last year's Stanley Cup run. Let's just hope the beginning isn't against us.

Minnesota_Wild_State_of_Hockey.jpg

This game is significant in the eyes of many people around this wonderful state. The Rangers employ two of the best Minnesotans currently in the NHL with St Paul's Ryan McDonagh and Hastings' Derek Stepan. Stepan is still out with an injury, so the Rangers' newly named Captain, McDonagh, is who many will be watching. Arguably one of, if not the, best defenders ever born and raised in Minnesota, McDonagh is the epitome of many young dreamers hoping to make the NHL. Add in all the Wild's representatives, like Parise, Vanek, Suter, Carter, and anyone else with a connection to the state, and this game is going to be a good one to watch for Minnesotans everywhere.

If you think you know who will win the game, go to Gman's Inaugural Prediction Game for potential bragging rights later. Or mockery.

Lineups

Minnesota Wild
635498757015546994-Wild-Coyotes.jpg

4-2-0 | 8p
19GF | 6GA
1-2-0 on the Road
Last Ten: 4-2-0
Fourth place in the Central Division | Ninth place in Western Conference | Three points out of a wildcard playoff spot

Leading Scorers

c4s_lite102614b_14104468_8col.jpg

Zach Parise
6GP | 3g | 4a | 7p | +8 | 17PIM

N04-PI-NHL-Pominville-Granlund-celebrate-100914.vresize.940.529.high.0.jpg

Jason Pominville (center)
6GP | 2g | 3a | 5p | +5 | 0PIM

20140430_sal_ac4_105.JPG.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

Jared Spurgeon
6GP | 2g | 3a | 5p | +8 | 2PIM

darcy-kuemper-nhl-tampa-bay-lightning-minnesota-wild1.jpg

Darcy Kuemper will probably start
5GS | 4-1-0 | .81GAA*Leads League 3+ starts | .966SV%*Leads League 3+ starts | 3 SO *Leads League

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Vanek - Koivu - Coyle
Nino - Haula - Fontaine
Cooke - Carter - Zucker

*Pairings subject to change*
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser - Dumba
Ballard* - Folin*
*Are sick and did not make the trip to New York

Kuemper
Backstrom

New York Rangers
kevin-hayes-nhl-san-jose-sharks-new-york-rangers-850x560.jpg

4-4-0 | 8p
22GF | 26GA
2-2-0 at Home
Last Ten: 4-4-0
Seventh in the Metropolitan Division | Two points out of a wildcard playoff spot

Leading Scorers

242438-thumb.jpg

Rick nash
8GP | 8g | 1a | 9p | +5 | 4PIM

martin1.jpg

Martin St. Louis
8GP | 1g | 5a | 6p | +3 | 0PIM

image.JPG

Chris Kreider
8GP | 2g | 4a | 6p | +4 | 23PIM

henrik_lundqvist-614x417.jpeg

Henrik Lundqvist might start
7GS | 4-3-0 | 3.14GAA | .895SV% | 1 SO

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis
Hagelin - Moore - Duclair
Glass - Mueller - Stempniak

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Klein
Moore - Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot

163485802_slide.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Well done!

I'm Curious to see who's starting today.

Kuemper for me is a No brainer. Ride the hot goalie as long as you can without wearing him down.
Let him have today, then Backstrom tomorrow vs Boston so he gets 2 days rest before Sharks.

or have Kuemper resting today, boston tomorrow 1 day off and then sharks?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Well done!

I'm Curious to see who's starting today.

Kuemper for me is a No brainer. Ride the hot goalie as long as you can without wearing him down.
Let him have today, then Backstrom tomorrow vs Boston so he gets 2 days rest before Sharks.

or have Kuemper resting today, boston tomorrow 1 day off and then sharks?

I would rather Yeo not ride Kuemper as hard as he is right now, but yeah playing Darcy tonight and then giving him a few nights off before San Jose is what I would expect. For better or worse.

starduckets

Jul 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure this game will be on at 1 am Suomi time. Europe is already in "standard time".

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if Folin/ Ballard have the same virus I have. Goes on, and on, and on.

Rangers will be a tough beat.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
According to nhl.com/fi the game starts 1 AM in Finland. I guess you didn't take into account that we moved our clocks back because we are stupid like that :laugh:

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
According to nhl.com/fi the game starts 1 AM in Finland. I guess you didn't take into account that we moved our clocks back because we are stupid like that :laugh:

Oh good call. Can't fix now but will do later.

Unless a mod wants to fix?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
New York. MSG. King Henrik(if he plays). Be a nice statement game if we can win.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The next step for the Wild is to show that they can also win more consistently on the road. This mini road trip will be a good test.

Wild win in first SO of the season 3-2.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Looks like I'll be able to watch most of this one. It's been a busy semester for me. I don't think the Rangers are that strong depth-wise, and the Wild should match them well. This may be a goalie duel tonight.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The next step for the Wild is to show that they can also win more consistently on the road. This mini road trip will be a good test.

Wild win in first SO of the season 3-2.

Yes, this. However it'll be 3-1 without a shootout ;)

sloughfeg

Oct 5, 2014
This will be a tough game, but if our defense continue their stellar play we should win it. If we have a few momentary defensive breakdowns, I don't think we will recover. Tough building to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad