GDT: 10/26/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 PM CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It was an ugly set up. How on earth do they expect to score while standing still?

I'm not saying I agree with the set up they were running; I would've liked to see more movement. I'm just saying that putting Granlund out there, given how they were running the 5v3, likely wouldn't have done much.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
i think the idea is to bomb the net and pick up rebounds, which is where parise's strength lies.

edit: and i can live with a bum 5 on 3 if our PP in general maintains this level. seriously it's like complaining about the exhaust tips on your new M3.

True but a 5 on 3 is a huge opportunity. Would love for the wild to develop some killer instinct and take advantage of it.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
it'll come, just like the PP. don't get a lot of time to practice it in a game situation.

zzmoto

May 28, 2011
location, location
Here's what you missed!

PominvilleGoal10262013.gif

PominvilleGoal10262013-2.gif

41775-hi-pom-juice.jpg

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Missed the game but had a buddy texting me updates as it went along. So pumped.

Watched the highlights on wild.com, how did the team look otherwise? Looks like we got pretty lucky numerous times with errant passes and posts from Chicago's end. Did Backstrom look good?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Watched the highlights on wild.com, how did the team look otherwise? Looks like we got pretty lucky numerous times with errant passes and posts from Chicago's end. Did Backstrom look good?

Bäckström pretty much stole us the game, IMO. Absolutely robbed the Hawks a few times.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA

You picked a hell of a game to miss. We did pretty well, Granlund was great. Backstrom was absolutely fantastic, if it wasnt for him this game would of been 8-3.

Would of been 5-2 or 5-1 excluding that Prosser got tripped on their second goal that led to the chance and Prosser fumbled the puck right in front of the net with like 30 seconds left in the game and turned it over when Backstrom thought he was carrying it. They scored then. Final 5-3.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Hawks had a whole bunch of shots and a larger than usual percentage of them were of the high quality variety.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Bäckström pretty much stole us the game, IMO. Absolutely robbed the Hawks a few times.
You picked a hell of a game to miss. We did pretty well, Granlund was great. Backstrom was absolutely fantastic, if it wasnt for him this game would of been 8-3.

Would of been 5-2 or 5-1 excluding that Prosser got tripped on their second goal that led to the chance and Prosser fumbled the puck right in front of the net with like 30 seconds left in the game and turned it over when Backstrom thought he was carrying it. They scored then. Final 5-3.

Good to see. It was not my choice to miss this game. We had to hang out with my girlfriend's family all of Saturday. Just got back about an hour or two ago.

Really wished I could have seen it.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Good to see. It was not my choice to miss this game. We had to hang out with my girlfriend's family all of Saturday. Just got back about an hour or two ago.

Really wished I could have seen it.

Well I know that, just a saying :)

I bet that was fun.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Zach Parise wrist shot goal 1-0

Kyle Brodziak tip in goal 2-0

Jason Pominville wrist shot goal 3-1

Jason Pominville snapshot goal 4-1

Justin Fontaine snapshot goal 5-2

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Saw the game at my friends' place (that's where I was, I had my PS3 but no PC with me). Missed the 1st and start of 2nd but saw the denied CHI goal. I called it a no goal immediately, as Shaw handled the puck with a high stick BEFORE it went in off Stoner. The play should've been stopped at that moment. Good call by the refs.

Bäcks played an excellent game, Spurgeon looks good next to Suter, Garbelstrom made a couple of epic plays to Pommer and our 5 on 3 was shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad