GDT: 10/26/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 PM CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I knew they were going to win tonight's game as soon as the Gophers beat Nebraska today, just the stars aligned tonight! :D

Funny how Backstrom seemingly plays well when he actually gets pushed, gosh hope Josh is back soon, but we don't tonight without Backs, so hats off to ya tonight.

Granlund just continues to impress, winning against Chicago without Brodin, Coyle, Ballard? I'll take it no matter how ugly at times.

Gophers Schmophers!

But dammit I hope Bacon comes back soon, and crispy.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
errr...we're sitting in the playoffs.
wilcard tab is the only standings tab that matters now.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The person who wrote that was probably one of the thousands who let their arena sit empty for all those years.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
My take:

Good win tonight.

Backstrom was outstanding in net. Crawford was not. Everything high went in on him.

Granlund and Pominville looked great. Nobody looked particularily bad for the Wild, although Heatley still needs a lot of improvement. The defense wasn't great either, but two guys are injured so I won't complain. There was a lot of good positional play, and people went to the net. Hopefully that behavior continues.

Every time Chicago tried to build momentum the Wild had an answer for it. Hopefully Chicago can take the puck luck that the Wild had and take it with them.

One last thing: Chicago's second goal should not have counted. Prosser was blatantly tripped in front of the net by Hossa.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
My take:

Good win tonight.

Backstrom was outstanding in net. Crawford was not. Everything high went in on him.

Granlund and Pominville looked great. Nobody looked particularily bad for the Wild, although Heatley still needs a lot of improvement. The defense wasn't great either, but two guys are injured so I won't complain. There was a lot of good positional play, and people went to the net. Hopefully that behavior continues.

Every time Chicago tried to build momentum the Wild had an answer for it. Hopefully Chicago can take the puck luck that the Wild had and take it with them.

One last thing: Chicago's second goal should not have counted. Prosser was blatantly tripped in front of the net by Hossa.

Never noticed Prosser being tripped. I don't think the last 2 goals could be blamed on Backstrom. What you said and Prosser made a terrible mistake on the third one, I think I saw him apologize to Backstrom at the end of the game.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The person who wrote that was probably one of the thousands who let their arena sit empty for all those years.

Actually I think that was more on ownership at the time than the fan base. The Hawks former owner, Bill Wirtz was nicknamed "Dollar Bill" for being cheap. He also forbade the Hawks from showing games on anything but national television, and when he did finally relent it was on a pay per view service that cost $30 a month.

ESPN once ranked him the third greediest owner in sports. The two who ranked above him? Art Modell of Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens infamy, and our own dearly beloved Carl "Contraction" Pohlad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Wirtz#Criticism

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Actually I think that was more on ownership at the time than the fan base. The Hawks former owner, Bill Wirtz was nicknamed "Dollar Bill" for being cheap. He also forbade the Hawks from showing games on anything but national television, and when he did finally relent it was on a pay per view service that cost $30 a month.

ESPN once ranked him the third greediest owner in sports. The two who ranked above him? Art Modell of Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens infamy, and our own dearly beloved Carl "Contraction" Pohlad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Wirtz#Criticism
You realize the person you just posted that to is well aware of NHL history right?

She's been a hockey fan a LOT longer than you have. ;)

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
My take, solid win for the Wild. Looks like things are going to get heated as the series progresses. Backstrom looked strong, stopped several point blank shots.

that's very generous of you! We're short a top six forward (well, two, considering Heatley really isn't one anymore) and a top pairing defenseman and it showed tonight. We were just lucky the Hawks PP isn't good--bad/stupid penalties are the reason we've lost most of our games so far. or all of them, maybe. But Backs was the difference for sure. Hawks didn't play a bad game--or rather it wasn't any worse than the Wild were playing.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
i don't think that guy knows what "troll" means either. so: he knows **** about hockey, he knows **** about Minnesota, and he knows **** about the internet.

might be some homeschooled 12 year old trying to ingratiate themselves into the Hawk fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad