GDT: 10/26/13 - Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 PM CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
seriously though there was a fire. bananas foster outta control.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Riots are getting crazy now. Look at St. Paul

20100227_chile2_33.jpg

Meanwhile in Blaine, MN. In about two days, the riots will be raging up there.

chair.jpg
This

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
My take:

Good win tonight.

Backstrom was outstanding in net. Crawford was not. Everything high went in on him.

Granlund and Pominville looked great. Nobody looked particularily bad for the Wild, although Heatley still needs a lot of improvement. The defense wasn't great either, but two guys are injured so I won't complain. There was a lot of good positional play, and people went to the net. Hopefully that behavior continues.

Every time Chicago tried to build momentum the Wild had an answer for it. Hopefully Chicago can take the puck luck that the Wild had and take it with them.

One last thing: Chicago's second goal should not have counted. Prosser was blatantly tripped in front of the net by Hossa.

Agreed although I though Veilluex and Michell didn't play well up-front.

Can't wait for Brodin to get back and even Ballard for that matter.

Didn't love Nino's game, but he is very skilled and a big body. Would prefer him with Koivu tbh.

Also from Chicago side is Crawford is excellent handling the puck. Rozsival looked incredibly bad and Towes looked very, very good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Agreed although I though Veilluex and Michell didn't play well up-front.

Can't wait for Brodin to get back and even Ballard for that matter.

Didn't love Nino's game, but he is very skilled and a big body. Would prefer him with Koivu tbh.

Also from Chicago side is Crawford is excellent handling the puck. Rozsival looked incredibly bad and Towes looked very, very good.
With Coyle out and the absolute need to get Heatley out of the top 6, Fontaine is a better fit there than he is on the 2nd line IMO. The 2nd line needs the big body more since neither Granlund or the Population provide that. At least the top line has size with Koivu.

When Coyle comes back, either Niederreiter or Coyle goes to the top line, the other plays LW on the 2nd line.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
With Coyle out and the absolute need to get Heatley out of the top 6, Fontaine is a better fit there than he is on the 2nd line IMO. The 2nd line needs the big body more since neither Granlund or the Population provide that. At least the top line has size with Koivu.

When Coyle comes back, either Niederreiter or Coyle goes to the top line, the other plays LW on the 2nd line.

Yes should have mentioned only when Coyle comes back. I do not wish for a Fontaine-Granlund-Pominville line or (obviously) Heatley in the top 6.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Ugh. Didn't like the game. Gave away the puck way too many times. The Hawks will win the next one if they can't hang onto the puck.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
So the one time Wild manage to score I decide to sleep instead of watching? Seems like need to stop watching games....

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Great game. Koivu, Parise and Fontaine were all great. Koivu even shot the puck! And that Fontaine goal was just an awesome play by Koivu.

The 2nd line was just incredible, although Nino wasn't at his best. Griffinström was the best player on the ice again and his chemistry with Pommers seems very promising. Both Pominville goals were just awesome - great passing and poise by Grundel in both goals. What impresses me the most in that second goal is that almost every other young player would have shot the puck, but Grandul found Pommer with a great pass.

Defense needs to tighten up. Bäckström was just amazing. Defense needs to be better in front of him.

Fourth line had a bad game.. The third line was decent. Heater had a solid game last night. I hope he keeps it up.

When everyone's healthy, I'd like..

Parise-Koivu-Fontaine
Coyle-Granlund-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Nino
Heatley-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter-Brodin
Dumba-Ballard
Prosser-Spurgeon

Bäckström/Harding splitting time.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Few things:

• Scandella starting to add more good to go with the bad. It'd be nice if he could use this season to find some sort of middle ground.

• Spurgeon was matched up with Hossa a lot last night and it was a tad humorous watching him try to handle the size/speed combo. Sound game otherwise. Filling in adequately for Brodin.

• Not much else to say, brilliant game for Backstrom considering the quality of chances he faced.

• 4th line can't handle anything Chicago can throw at them. Something bad happened every time they stepped on the ice.

• IF YOU'RE RUNNING YOUR 5-3 UP TOP, HOW DO YOU LEAVE YOUR BEST AND MOST CREATIVE DISTRIBUTOR ON THE BENCH???

• Deft assist for Leddy on Pominville's second goal.

• All in all, team was severely out-chanced by Chicago, Backstrom stood on his head, and Crawford looked brutal. Taking two out of Chicago is a step in the right direction but they can't play like that again and expect the same.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I just failed big time for the second game straight on NHL Center Ice... Carolina game I didn't see they had both feed and thought I was stuck watching the CAR feed. Then last night only the CHI feed was in HD so I turn that CI channel and it said "this game not available" I was like WTF? So I just watched Wild feed in SD. Turns out the CHI feed was in HD on WGN.... When did WGN start doing Hawk games? Ugh stupid.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think the idea is to bomb the net and pick up rebounds, which is where parise's strength lies.

edit: and i can live with a bum 5 on 3 if our PP in general maintains this level. seriously it's like complaining about the exhaust tips on your new M3.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
i think the idea is to bomb the net and pick up rebounds, which is where parise's strength lies.

edit: and i can live with a bum 5 on 3 if our PP in general maintains this level. seriously it's like complaining about the exhaust tips on your new M3.

The PP is doing well. But when you're given a 5 on 3 you have to take advantage of it. Like Casper said, everyone was standing still. Two guys up top and three guys down low standing in a straight line. They made is way to easy for Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad