Pre-Game Talk: 10/25 vs Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Lines I'd like to see for this game if Cagguila is healthy enough to go.

RNH-Mcdavid-Chiasson(Deserves a look after last game can switch with Yamo if need be)
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Cagguila-Khaira-Yamamoto
Brodziak, Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel-Bouchard

Kosikinen
Talbot

Really don't know why you'd put Yamamoto on the fourth line He's been pretty good on the first line imo.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Really don't know why you'd put Yamamoto on the fourth line He's been pretty good on the first line imo.

That line was one of our best lines in the preseason. Could see them dominating lower competition to help spread around the scoring.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Yeah, I agree. Until Yama shows he can't work there, keep going..

RNH-Mcdavid-Yamamoto
Lucic-Strome-Chiasson
Cagguila-Khaira-Marody

Not sold on Khaira right now but the other 2 aren't cutting it...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, I agree. Until Yama shows he can't work there, keep going..

RNH-Mcdavid-Yamamoto
Lucic-Strome-Chiasson
Cagguila-Khaira-Marody

Not sold on Khaira right now but the other 2 aren't cutting it...

Other than drawing some bogus calls not sure how much Yama is actually getting done on topline. He's had nothing but topsix rotation and one point to show for it all season. Its actually depressing to me to note this type of topsix fill when even one player goes down to injury. This roster is so paper thin for topsix players that Yama is replacing a topsix player that is a project in the first place.

Its hard to love the team as Chia built it.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Puljujarvi is scratched, according to Michaels.

Oh snap. Yama does next to nothing except play fall down for PP"s, and gets constant topsix, and now topline, and Pulju, again, gets kicked in the junk and scratched. lmao.

I would rather have Pulju, than Yamamoto in the lineup any time. But McLelln seems to have a love in for runt players that appear to work hard and gain no traction. I don't even know how Yama is in an NHL lineup let alone its top line with McDavid.

This is the type of Oilers roster management I would expect if the Calgary Flames were running our club for laughs.

Reactions: onetweasy

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
That line was one of our best lines in the preseason. Could see them dominating lower competition to help spread around the scoring.

Not a fan of splitting up a line that's working, but if the idea is to spread the scoring, I'd maybe try Puljujarvi there and see if that gets him going. I also like the Lucic-Strome-Marody line a lot so I wouldn't split that up either.

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Caggiula-Khaira-Puljujarvi

Or maybe switch Marody and Chiasson, or even put Chiasson back on the 4th line and Puljujarvi with Strome and let Marody play on the second line.

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Draisaitl-Marody
Lucic-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Khaira-Chiasson

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Honestly we should just send Pulju to the AHL. He clearly isn't good enough for the NHL yet so send him down let him develop and build confidence and maybe bring him back towards the end if the season if he plays well in Bakersfield.

Reactions: OilDrop37

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Oh snap. Yama does next to nothing except play fall down for PP"s, and gets constant topsix, and now topline, and Pulju, again, gets kicked in the junk and scratched. lmao.

I would rather have Pulju, than Yamamoto in the lineup any time. But McLelln seems to have a love in for runt players that appear to work hard and gain no traction. I don't even know how Yama is in an NHL lineup let alone its top line with McDavid.

This is the type of Oilers roster management I would expect if the Calgary Flames were running our club for laughs.

Caggiula's an upgrade over Kassian, but him over JP? Seriously? That just speaks volume to everyone which player McLellan likes more. Him and his f***ing favoritism was old enough with Letestu last season.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

I really like how Yamamoto's played on the top line, so I disagree, but I certainly don't think Puljujarvi should be scratched.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Caggiula's an upgrade over Kassian, but him over JP? Seriously? That just speaks volume to everyone which player McLellan likes more. Him and his ****ing favoritism was old enough with Letestu last season.

If Drai ends up playing with Cagg again tonight I'm going to lose it.. wtf did I do to deserve this? rhetorical question.;)

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Bob keeps rebuking fans for being critical of TM's treatment of Pulju, arguing that Pulju has to earn his way into the top six. Bob proceeds to stay mum on the fact that Yamamoto has 1 goal in his NHL career yet plays on the top line.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Why the hell are we paying a backup 2.5 million and not playing him?

Were the only team outside of NJ who hasn't played their backup (schnieder is injured) for f***s sake.

This f***ing team.

Reactions: Mcjlockhart89

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I really like how Yamamoto's played on the top line, so I disagree, but I certainly don't think Puljujarvi should be scratched.

Yama is next to inconsequential playing in topsix and especially on topline. Basically with Nuge up there already, and then Yama, you put McD in a situation where he's the guy that not only drives the line but is doing the grunt work as well. We're really taxing McD with this and in fairness with respect that Nuge is really trying to up his physical work and quotient on that line. EVery respect to Nuge trying to elevate in every way but when you throw Yama on top of that you put way too much battle for puck weight on McD and Nuge, which is ultimately unsustainable.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Not a fan of splitting up a line that's working, but if the idea is to spread the scoring, I'd maybe try Puljujarvi there and see if that gets him going. I also like the Lucic-Strome-Marody line a lot so I wouldn't split that up either.

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Caggiula-Khaira-Puljujarvi

Or maybe switch Marody and Chiasson, or even put Chiasson back on the 4th line and Puljujarvi with Strome and let Marody play on the second line.

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Draisaitl-Marody
Lucic-Strome-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Khaira-Chiasson

I dont mind the first lineup. Although I'd like to see CHiasson with Mcdavid. I think Yamamoto actually plays better as the most talented guy on a line which is the other reason I'd move him down. I really liked the responsible 3rd line of Lucic-Strome-Marody so wouldnt touch it. So glad we gave up that 3rd for Marody. I remember watching him play with Michigan last year while scouting Hughes and he was dynamite. Im sure the Oiler's scouts saw the same things and thats why the deal was made.

Reactions: ujju2

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
The thing about Yams is that he is a player that coaches are going to like. I know that he only has 1P this season but He is a gud Pker, gud forechecker and really plays the system. He has some skill and he has draw some penalties this season something as a team we needed to improve. Also who else do we play? Also I think Pulujarvi needs a kick in the ass and get back to his play in the pre-season. I think a game off could be useful for him.

Nuge-McD-Yams
Reider-Drai-Chiasson
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Caggiula-Brodizak-Khiara

is this the lines for tonight?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Maybe Puljujarvi is being traded.... Any news from the Turtle?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bob keeps rebuking fans for being critical of TM's treatment of Pulju, arguing that Pulju has to earn his way into the top six. Bob proceeds to stay mum on the fact that Yamamoto has 1 goal in his NHL career yet plays on the top line.

Yeah but he's the latest little engine that could (that can't) that tries hard and keeps his feet moving, blah blah blah.

What I see several times a game is him just getting shoved off the puck easily. What I see is McDavid being forcefed to score off of rushes because offensive zone pressure is basically impossible playing with 153lb Yamamoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad