Pre-Game Talk: 10/25 vs Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Benning and Caggiula aren't really missed in my opinion. In fact I kind of forgot about them. They can take all the time they need to heal to 200%. Some other teams will need them for the stretch run.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Going to be a tough game. The Caps play a hard game with skill. Our defense will get pushed to the limit.

I am expecting a loss. We looked good against Pitts and seem to be playing better systems wise. I think we can hang with the Caps.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I'd take Caggiula over Kassian. Hopefully Khaira wakes up; had a good pre-season but then disappeared.

Khaira and Brodziak have been utter dog shit this year; the number of bad plays that they've both made is astounding.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I'd be willing to give Jujar and Cags the nod over Kassian and Brodziak.

I was hoping that Brodziak would warm up after a few games, but in his limited exposure it looks like he's not the greatest fit. Either that, or we need to surround him with better teammates.

It would be nice if the Oilers could get a decent lead so that McDavid, Nuge and Klefbom don't have to play half a game.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I would like Caggiula back in. He impressed me with the scrap with Backes. Sit Kassian and Brodziak. Send Benning to Bakersfield for a bit

Reactions: ujju2

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Another auto loss on tap. Hopefully we can squeeze a point out of this one like the Pittsburgh game.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Wouldn't mind seeing Benning and Gravel as a bottom pairing to see how they do. Don't think Bouchard brings enough to stick all year, might as well see if Benning can find his game.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Obviously Todd sees a different Talbot then we have seen holy fack his stubbornness is driving me nuts .It's like he does the opposite of what people expect ffs .

Sometimes goalies play better with fewer breaks to disrupt their rhythm. I think I've heard Talbot say that once. I know that Holtby has certainly said it and it seems to be true as far as his play is concerned. That might be the thinking around getting Talbot into a steady rhythm to start the season. That being said, I'd still start Koskinen tomorrow.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sometimes goalies play better with fewer breaks to disrupt their rhythm. I think I've heard Talbot say that once. I know that Holtby has certainly said it and it seems to be true as far as his play is concerned. That might be the thinking around getting Talbot into a steady rhythm to start the season. That being said, I'd still start Koskinen tomorrow.

He needs to get a break. Even if he was lights out right now he should still get a break to get Koskinen some action.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He needs to get a break. Even if he was lights out right now he should still get a break to get Koskinen some action.

I agree on the point about Koskinen needing game time. That's why I've wanted Koskinen in a game for about the past week. But I'm just saying it might not be detrimental to Talbot to get him in all these games to start.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Braden Holtby:
4-1-1

Cam Talbot:
3-3-1

This game will either be another 6-5 "last goal wins" type of game or something like 2-1. It'll either live up to their stats or defy them. Nothing in between.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I agree on the point about Koskinen needing game time. That's why I've wanted Koskinen in a game for about the past week. But I'm just saying it might not be detrimental to Talbot to get him in all these games to start.

If he was doing better then I might agree. He could use a night off to regroup a bit IMO.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
hope to see Chiasson up with drai and reider maybe. though he did well with his third/fourth line mates in the first part of last game. Like to see him on the 1st pp unit as the big boday because he can handle the puck well. looch is a turnover machine and a liability with the puck on the PP. Looch looking good in his role as a third liner though. playing with some of his old mojo now that he's off of drai's line.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
You know this bozo will play Benning even though all the visual evidence of his play this year has been ECHL level you just know it. As soon as he is out of the lineup the team has actually looked competitive every game and aren't chasing in their own end for the entire 17-19 minutes Benning plays.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Braden Holtby:
4-1-1

Cam Talbot:
3-3-1

This game will either be another 6-5 "last goal wins" type of game or something like 2-1. It'll either live up to their stats or defy them. Nothing in between.

Both underperforming, Holtby moreso. I expect a 2-1 game though. Unless Koskinen gets lit up, of course, but I expect a close, low-scoring game.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010

Interesting how TMac specifically called out people complaining about 5 lefties and Klef instead of Bouchard on the PP. So, at least he's aware of the criticism. I don't care either way as long as it gets results.

Also got a bit defensive regarding why he put Strome out during OT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad