GDT: 10/25: Skyfall: Bruins @ Toronto 7pm ET CBC,NHLN,NESN, 98.5 FM

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My god the Leafs are terrible.

Carlyle just can`t coach D, their defensive zone positioning is just as bad today as it was when he took over.

Offensively they can hurt you, defensively, a complete train wreck

That said, the job the forwards did in the neutral zone in not allowing the Leafs to gain the zone with any speed was tremendous

Just a good old fashioned road game, played simple

Dougie recognizing his chance to pounce on that puck then fly around Gardiner just had me on the edge of my seat, loved it

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Looks like it-I'm pretty sure we will likely see him in Boston at some point this season. Not sure they want to burn his first year but if it looks like he's ready they will do it. I think that's one reason he opted for the AHL rather than the Swedish league. He and the FO see him making the big team sooner than later and the AHL means he can be available if they want him this season.

I'm ready to try him on the first line....but I dont think the front office will do it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm ready to try him on the first line....but I dont think the front office will do it.

I don`t think they have any fear/worry or concern about doing it, nor do I think Chia and company worry one bit about burning a first year of an ELC.

I think they are doing the right thing, letting Pasta get comfortable with the NA game, allow him to build a bit of muscle down at the AHL level first and until or unless Griffith shows he just can`t do it full time on the 1st line (which I haven`t seen him stumbling yet), there is just no reason to bring the kid up til he`s ready

Burning it up at the AHL level does not necessarily translate into doing the same at the NHL level

But as many know, I`ve long been a proponent of taking time to develop the kids, not just toss em into the fire when there are other options to allow a kid to grow and develop

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
A buddy is having a viewing party for this one. I live in Toronto. Yeah....this will be fun. Any Bruins fans in the GTA feel like crashing a Leaf party? Hehe.

...I'm curious how the viewing party worked out considering the way the game went. Must have been better than you originally expected?

:laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
...I'm curious how the viewing party worked out considering the way the game went. Must have been better than you originally expected?

:laugh:

Oh I`m guessing they sat around praising the advanced analytics job Kyle Dubas has added to their impressive roster of upper management:nod:

member 96824

They have a free year of development...of COURSE Chia and company word about burning an ELC year. Its their job..asset management

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Leafs biggest problem is having Phaneuf and Kessel as their leaders.

A clear example: Krejci's goal with Kessel gently tapping David a couple of times like saying "Hey David, please don't score" and then Phaneuf simply standing there looking at Krejci collecting his own rebound and stuffing it home, undisturbed.

Phaneuf has to be one of the most overpaid Dmen for what he brings to the game.

He gets caught puck watching a lot and if given a choice between the right thing to do in a situation and the wrong thing he almost always chooses the wrong thing.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Phaneuf has to be one of the most overpaid Dmen for what he brings to the game.

He gets caught puck watching a lot and if given a choice between the right thing to do in a situation and the wrong thing he almost always chooses the wrong thing.

21+ mil on clarkson, phaneuf and kessel until at least 2020. . . oof

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Good thing we're getting the Wild on a back-to-back. That is going to be a really tough game.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Good thing we're getting the Wild on a back-to-back. That is going to be a really tough game.

Yup.

The Wild are finally performing how they're built. An extremely defensively responsible team, with elite offensive capabilities.

They still have to prove they can keep it up, but I have been damn impressed so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad