GDT: 10/25: Skyfall: Bruins @ Toronto 7pm ET CBC,NHLN,NESN, 98.5 FM

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wonder, if the Bs can keep this up without Chara what the brass may think in a few months time, thats alottttttta cap space.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
What was the scoop with Mcquaid, did he return??

I don't think he actually left the game. Looked like he got slammed into the boards pretty good and was slow to get to his feet, but I don't think he missed a shift. If he did, he returned and played fine.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Trade Chara.

That's a pretty good sign from this team. Three best periods thus far, and coming after a confidence shaker.

One lapse in the 3rd cost Tuukka the SO, otherwise, can't ask for more than that.

But, can they keep it up? Dougie, wow.

Nah, no need to trade him. He'll be a very useful 2nd pairing guy even in his waning years.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Please tell me people aren't seriously discussing trading Chara after one win without him against frigging Toronto.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Nah, no need to trade him. He'll be a very useful 2nd pairing guy even in his waning years.

I agree. Z will be effective til the day he retires. No way I trade him, he's legitimately worth every penny. Great to see Hamilton flourish. But, this is the Leafs.

Call me crazy, but would this be a time to make a move for a RW?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Wild are scary good right now

Not watching the game, but Nabokov gave up 4 goals in 8 shots, and then Bishop gave up 2 of his first 4? This without their clear-cut #1 D, Lightning haven't looked great as of late, and SOG are still "just" 20-15 Wild at home (not that it says much when it was pretty much garbage time from the 12th minute of the 2nd period, but still). Not doubting that they're playing well, though.

Edit: Of course they score on their 21st as well for a 33.3333% shooting accuracy. :laugh:
And when your best offensive player is Anton Strålman, you're in trouble.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Please tell me people aren't seriously discussing trading Chara after one win without him against frigging Toronto.

They've never been more serious about anything in their lives. We should trade Rask too, we've won one game that he didn't play in too! Think of the capspace!!!1!111!!!1

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
On the Lucic and Marchand watch, Looch seems to get more bull-ish every game. Moving his feet, charging into the corners to battle for the puck. Good signs.

Marchand, after a good game, seems to have gone back to making ill-advised decisions and low-probability plays. Not all bad from him tonight, but too many stupid moves that almost never work.

Odd times when Bergy's line has been below-par for several games in a row now.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Chara is still a top defensemen in the league. He's the foundation of our franchise, I'll bet he retires here and gets his number in the rafters.

How motivating is it to think if we have a winning record in early December, than Z is back. What a boost. Look out.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
this was the first game this year where I could see that sheer willpower that has made this team so dangerous since 2011. It made me really proud to be a fan of them.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
On the Lucic and Marchand watch, Looch seems to get more bull-ish every game. Moving his feet, charging into the corners to battle for the puck. Good signs.

Marchand, after a good game, seems to have gone back to making ill-advised decisions and low-probability plays. Not all bad from him tonight, but too many stupid moves that almost never work.

Odd times when Bergy's line has been below-par for several games in a row now.

Looch has really picked up his game since the habs game.

Marchand needs to simplify his game. He tries to stickhandle through too many players rather than make easy passes.

Seidenberg also started the season slow but he was an absolute beast tonight. He and Hamilton look like a great pairing.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@longleysunsport: Nazem Kadri on #Leafs home-ice struggles. "We've got to start caring a little more."

@Proteautype: Leafs have first players-only meeting of the season. Because it happened before Nov. 1, there'll be an extra six weeks of winter this year.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Still think the 1st and 2nd lines need a shakeup. That Bergeron line just isn't clicking. A lot of one and done. Marchand is playing selfish. Bergeron looks like he's hurt. Smith is just kind of.... there. Still solid defensively. I'm sure they will pick it up though.

Great game overall. Can't ask for much more in terms of effort. Hamilton is the X factor right now. Chara who?

Krejci is playing great. Would like to see him with a permanent RW. I don't know if the up and down play of Griffith will cut it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad